• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Obamacare causing 539% increase in health insurance costs for Texans

FUZO

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Obamacare causing 539% increase in health insurance costs for Texans (see proof)

NaturalNews) It is crucial for the White House that the Healthcare.gov website continue to fail, because once the site actually starts functioning, Americans are going to be hit with such devastating rate shock that the Obama administration may never recover.

Obamacare is named the "Affordable Care Act," after all, and the President promised the rates would be "as low as a phone bill." But I just received a confirmed letter from a friend in Texas showing a 539% rate increase on an existing policy that's been in good standing for years.

As the letter reveals (see below), the cost for this couple's policy under Humana is increasing from $212.10 per month to $1,356.60 per month. This is for a couple in good health whose combined income is less than $70K -- a middle-class family, in other words.

That's a 539% rate increase!

$1,356.60 per month is not "affordable" health care. It's monopolistic price gouging mandated by the Obama administration and enforced essentially at gunpoint. This isn't health care; it's highway robbery.

To clarify: this increased rate policy is not "under" Healthcare.gov, but the 539% rate increase is being caused because of Obamacare's new rules and requirements. If Obamacare hadn't become law, this couple could have continued spending $212 per month. Instead, they're now going to have to spend $1,356 per month or sign up for Obamacare and hope to get a better rate there (if the website even functions long enough to enroll).

Here's a scan of the actual letter:

obamacare-rate-shock.jpg

Millions are losing health care coverage thanks to Obamacare

All across America, people are getting hit with letters like these. Some letters inform you that you'll have to pay double, triple or quadruple the current rates; other letters tell you your coverage is being dropped completely. According to one health policy expert, 16 million Americans will lose their health insurance due to Obamacare.

This mass wipeout of health insurance coverage is already under way. So far 1.5 million Americans have already lost their health insurance thanks to Obamacare. That number is a large multiple of how many people have actually enrolled in Obamacare. (Far more people are losing health insurance than gaining it.)

Also, according to NBC News, Obama knew well in advance that millions of Americans would lose their insurance. This didn't stop him from lying to the public, however, and claiming, "You can keep your current insurance" if you like it.

Everything about Obamacare has been a blatant lie, it seems: the Affordable Care Act is not affordable; you can't necessarily keep your doctor; and you can't even shop for policies because the Healthcare.gov website continues to crash worse than a low-budget carnival ride.

It's so bad that even Saturday Night Live, which practically functions as the comedy mouthpiece for the Democratic party, tore into the fiasco with a blistering comedy skit that paints HHS secretary Kathleen Sebelius as a delusional, out-of-touch Obamacare apologist. Watch it at:

or

In the parody video, Sebelius says:

"If our site keeps freezing, we've also provided helpful links to other websites such as Kayak.com, where you can purchase airline tickets to Canada, where you can buy cheaper prescription drugs."

Obamacare has five critical, show-stopper problems, each of which could independently bring down the whole system

Problem #1) The disastrous Healthcare.gov website which still doesn't work.

Problem #2) RATE SHOCK as Americans realize they are going to have to pay up to 539% more just to keep their current health insurance plans.

Problem #3) The massive, widespread cancellation of existing health insurance policies because of Obamacare. Millions of Americans are losing their health care coverage right now...

Problem #4) Critical failures communicating insurance status to doctors, hospitals and health service providers (this hasn't even been tested, and once it is initiated, it will crash hard).

Problem #5) Massive hacker theft of personal data thanks to disastrous security engineered into Healthcare.gov. Expect to see widespread theft of personal data (social security numbers, bank account information and more) if the Healthcare.gov website ever starts to function. The only reason personal data hasn't yet been stolen from the site is because the servers crash too quickly for hackers to get through.

Bottom line: Obamacare is an economic apocalypse for America

Beyond the lies and campaign promises, the real ramifications of Obamacare are:

? Widespread job losses as employers cut hours and fire workers they can no longer afford to keep on the payroll thanks to Obamacare.

? Millions of Americans losing their existing health insurance coverage.

? Insane rate increases under a monopoly system that forces Americans to pay exorbitant fees to a cabal of insurance companies and drug companies.

? The widespread medical bankruptcy of American workers, families and employers.

This is all by design, and it was all made possible by the people who got suckered into voting for a President who deliberately seeks to utterly destroy America.

Learn more: RATE SHOCK: Obamacare causing 539% increase in health insurance costs for Texans (see proof)

Damn Republicans, outraged that the shit they wanted to derail is being derailed... These guy's are all over the place, yet they still have followers ?

Phuquin Pinnochio's, your not fooling me. if you guys really wanted this to work it would've been a single payer program!

Once again, the yokes on us.

Ok, let's go back a bit and realize that the original plan proposed was a single payer system and the "congressmen" on the democrat side would not go for that so it went back to the insurance companies to write a program they would endorse. This has FUCKING NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PARTY AFFILIATION. This is pure greed, these guys are bought and controlled by their donors, insurance companies from their states in this case, and didn't go for single payer as it would hurt the industry too much. Watch what is going to happen though, single payer isn't dead, oh its just waiting to be brought up as the solution for this problem and its going to be a massive issue. It may just be the straw that breaks the camel's back that kicks off the much needed revolution to stop this insanity we continue to see in this country. I hope the ACA fails, miserably, its a massive handout to the insurance companies at the expense of the poorest American's.

I just want to add, my buddy who is also in Houston, TX (this was Austin above) just was forced to sign up for his law firms new plan (he's not a lawyer just works in IT). He had zero deductible and from what he told me, his coverage went up a lot. His words:

"from 100% no deductible to 90% with deductible and my doctors visits are part of the deductible so the first 1500 in doctors visits I have to pay in cash. Not to mention it went up 100 a month"

"So on top of my insurance premium Ihad to put 2500 in my FSA so another 200 a month coming out bring the total to 986 a month."

That is now, as in today, real evidence not only did the awesome President LIE, I mean bold faced fuck you all LIE, about keeping your existing plans and no premium increases for families. This is just one of so many examples of how the middle class take home pay will get yet again taxed while the elite will see no appreciable difference at all, more than likely they get far richer. I don't care the party or ideology you subscribe too, this shit should make you furious and want to scream out for change. 95% of us on here are probably at best upper middle class and most probably are working hourly making between $10-20/hr struggling to make ends meet. It's sad, makes me enraged these assholes still have a job, and so many people think this is a GOOD IDEA! WAKE THE FUCK UP, how much clearer do I have to spell it out no one benefits from this.

ACA was designed to fail, so the single payer system can save the day, that's been the plan.

I'd prefer a gov't option, but this will do as well. At the end of the day, unless personal responsibility is somehow rewarded and poor, reckless decision making is punished, our healthcare spending will continue to skyrocket. In other words, you can keep polishing a turd, but it will always be a turd.

Single Payer Allies | Physicians for a National Health Program

Among the many organizations endorsing single payer are: AFL-CIO, American Association of Community Psychiatrists, American Medical Women?s Association, American Medical Student?s Association, National Medical Association, American Nurses Association, American Public Health Association, Islamic Medical Association, Americans for Democratic Action, Church Women United, Consumer Federation of America, Consumers Union, Healthcare Now, National Association of Social Workers, National Council of Senior Citizens, National Family Farm Coalition, Neighbor to Neighbor, Older Women?s League, Screen Actor?s Guild, and the US Public Interest Research Group, and United Steelworkers Union.

What is Single Payer? | Physicians for a National Health Program

[h=2]Administrative Savings[/h] Harvard researchers estimate that administrative costs consume 31 cents of every health care dollar in the U.S. Slashing that to Canadian levels would save $400 billion annually, enough to cover all the uninsured and to improve coverage for everyone else. A study by the General Accounting Office estimated that single payer would save 10 percent on total health care costs by slashing administrative waste, enough to cover all the uninsured.

Single Payer Allies | Physicians for a National Health Program

Among the many organizations endorsing single payer are: AFL-CIO, American Association of Community Psychiatrists, American Medical Women?s Association, American Medical Student?s Association, National Medical Association, American Nurses Association, American Public Health Association, Islamic Medical Association, Americans for Democratic Action, Church Women United, Consumer Federation of America, Consumers Union, Healthcare Now, National Association of Social Workers, National Council of Senior Citizens, National Family Farm Coalition, Neighbor to Neighbor, Older Women?s League, Screen Actor?s Guild, and the US Public Interest Research Group, and United Steelworkers Union.

What is Single Payer? | Physicians for a National Health Program

Administrative Savings

Harvard researchers estimate that administrative costs consume 31 cents of every health care dollar in the U.S. Slashing that to Canadian levels would save $400 billion annually, enough to cover all the uninsured and to improve coverage for everyone else. A study by the General Accounting Office estimated that single payer would save 10 percent on total health care costs by slashing administrative waste, enough to cover all the uninsured.

lmao..

just thought it was interesting. my dr said her pay would change less and her time would be better spent on patients with this approach.

i think between any idea and the end product there is so much opportunity for corruption we are fucked anyway. all the arguments are just about what weapon we'd rather get fucked by.

IML Gear Cream!
just thought it was interesting. my dr said her pay would change less and her time would be better spent on patients with this approach.

One of my clients who is a republicans and head of radiology at a local hospital said single payer would work if done properly. The problem is that there would be significant job losses if insurance companies folded. As for his feelings on Obamacare...I'll keep it PG-13 and just say he isn't a fan.

The reason premiums are going up? We now MUST have insurance. They no longer have to sell it at an attractive enough price to get us as customers. When it was first proposed the insurance companies were completely against it. Until they realized that they'd have guaranteed buyers of their shoddy products. That is why premiums are going up. It isn't because of some mysterious raise in costs, it's because they can now legally price gouge.

The reason premiums are going up? We now MUST have insurance. They no longer have to sell it at an attractive enough price to get us as customers. When it was first proposed the insurance companies were completely against it. Until they realized that they'd have guaranteed buyers of their shoddy products. That is why premiums are going up. It isn't because of some mysterious raise in costs, it's because they can now legally price gouge.

right because it's not the regulations on what your health plan needs to cover, and not turning down pre-existing conditions which includes cancer that can cost 100's of thousands of dollars.

Even if your 70 years old with your tubes tied you need maturity coverage. LOL

right because it's not the regulations on what your health plan needs to cover, and not turning down pre-existing conditions which includes cancer that can cost 100's of thousands of dollars.

Even if your 70 years old with your tubes tied you need maturity coverage. LOL

When you look at their profits pre-existing conditions and old people are something they can easily absorb to cover.

One of my clients who is a republicans and head of radiology at a local hospital said single payer would work if done properly. The problem is that there would be significant job losses if insurance companies folded.

and this is what so many just can't grasp. solutions cause jobs to go away, while various problems are needed to create "fake" jobs.

The OP

Makes over-generalization and histrionic prediction. It's a bullshit Op-Ed. Too early to tell the % increases and for whom.

At the end of the day, unless personal responsibility is somehow rewarded and poor, reckless decision making is punished, our healthcare spending will continue to skyrocket.

You are either:

A) delusional

or

B) Don't understand how odramacare works.

People who don't need insurance and take good care of their health are being punished by being forced to purchase insurance that they don't need.

The 'poor wreckless decision makers" that don't take care of their health are rewarded with lower premiums than they should be getting if the market was not fixed.

SHFM

You are either:

A) delusional

or

People who don't need insurance and take good care of their health are being punished by being forced to purchase insurance that they don't need.

The 'poor wreckless decision makers" that don't take care of their health are rewarded with lower premiums than they should be getting if the market was not fixed.

SHFM

Uhhhh, no. First, if that responsible person without insurance is rushed to the ER, I'm sure they won't refuse care and I'm certain they won't pay the total bill.

Second, I'm referring to that middle of the country that eats however they want, smokes, drinks, etc. Most of our healthcare costs are due to preventable lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and heart disease and diseases associated with both. Those of us who take care of ourselves are subsidizing their poor decisions. Now, we are forced in to the same healthcare system as them. Unless those people's poor decisions punish them in the pocketbook they will continue to make them, it's as simple as that. Whether we have Obamacare, tort reform, companies competing across state lines, or we stick to the same system we have the results will still be the same, costs will still increase unless we incentivize good health and remove the subsidies that make bad food cheap.

You are either:

A) delusional

or

SHFM

And you know how it works?

Uhhhh, no. First, if that responsible person without insurance is rushed to the ER, I'm sure they won't refuse care and I'm certain they won't pay the total bill.

Second, I'm referring to that middle of the country that eats however they want, smokes, drinks, etc. Most of our healthcare costs are due to preventable lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and heart disease and diseases associated with both. Those of us who take care of ourselves are subsidizing their poor decisions. Now, we are forced in to the same healthcare system as them. Unless those people's poor decisions punish them in the pocketbook they will continue to make them, it's as simple as that. Whether we have Obamacare, tort reform, companies competing across state lines, or we stick to the same system we have the results will still be the same, costs will still increase unless we incentivize good health and remove the subsidies that make bad food cheap.

You just rationalized my point exactly. Sounds like we agree.

Yes, I have worked in the finance/banking/insurance/economics field for 20 years.

That doesn't mean you read the healthcare law. It just means you've worked in the finance/banking/insurance/economics field for 20 years.

That doesn't mean you read the healthcare law. It just means you've worked in the finance/banking/insurance/economics field for 20 years.

it does mean he knows 99.9% more than you.

it does mean he knows 99.9% more than you.

Not at all. Unless he's read the healthcare law he really knows nothing about it. Sort of like you.

Not at all. Unless he's read the healthcare law he really knows nothing about it. Sort of like you.

Good point.
Most of the politicians who supported the law and voted for it probably never read it either.

When you look at their profits pre-existing conditions and old people are something they can easily absorb to cover.

The issue is not what insurance companies can afford to absorb, the issue is that the ACA law forces people to buy insurance policies that contains benefits they don't need and as a result increases their policy cost.

In example, why should a single young man and someone over the age of 55 be forced to buy an Obamacare insurance policy that includes a maternity care benefit that increases the cost of that policy?

The insurance companies are not asorbing the costs of pre-existing conditions and old people.
Obamacare funding is based in-part on a Social Security funding model in which workers fund Social Security for retired people through payroll taxes.

Under Obamacare the funding model is that the costs of health care for people with pre-existing conditions and old people are intended to be funded by a wealth transference from healthy people that are being forced under law to buy health care insurance or pay a penalty.

If enough healthy people that are being forced under law to buy health care insurance or pay a penalty opt to pay a penalty then the funding model is at risk.
The cost of the penalty is not enough to fund Obamacare.

Unless he's read the healthcare law he really knows nothing about it. Sort of like you.

You are ignorant. Making assumptions about someone you know nothing about shows your arrogance. While it is true I have not literally sat down and read the actual law word for word, page by page, the law has a direct impact on my career. Perhaps you missed the part about my mention of working in the INSURANCE field. Oh and BTW, I am a registered insurance agent (line of authority: life with VA and HEALTH) in my state of residence. Oh wait, A health insurance agent??? Yeah, doubt they would know anything about the most game changing health insurance regulation in history. Yeah, you're right, I know nothing about The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. SMH. Open your mind and broaden your horizons. Think outside of your closed little world with your assumptions.

:loser:

You are ignorant. Making assumptions about someone you know nothing about shows your arrogance. While it is true I have not literally sat down and read the actual law word for word, page by page, the law has a direct impact on my career. Perhaps you missed the part about my mention of working in the INSURANCE field. Oh and BTW, I am a registered insurance agent (line of authority: life with VA and HEALTH) in my state of residence. Oh wait, A health insurance agent??? Yeah, doubt they would know anything about the most game changing health insurance regulation in history. Yeah, you're right, I know nothing about The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. SMH. Open your mind and broaden your horizons. Think outside of your closed little world with your assumptions.

:loser:

So you haven't read it. Talk about ignorance.

Back