• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Fiber Benefits

ElitePeptides

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
(Pulled from another board but still good info imo)

I'm in no way a nutritional expert or "guru", but I have done a fair
amount of research of the benefits of fiber. Also, personal experimentation and
I would like to share what I have found.

Most people think fiber "I'm
going to have to run to the restroom every 5 minutes". In fact, this is quite
the opposite.

First, let me touch on the two different kinds of fiber.
Soluble and Insoluble Fiber. Soluble fiber means that it can dissolve in water
and insoluble can not.

Fiber found in beans, oats, bran, nuts,
blueberries, apples, pears, psyllium are mostly soluble fibers. Soluble fibers
actually help coat the intestinal tract and aid in lowering LDL cholesterol (the
bad kind). Soluble fiber can help slow digestion and therefor help regulate your
blood sugar (a good thing for weight control).

Fiber in whole grains,
rice, wheat, raisins, grapes, and green vegetables are known as insoluble fiber.
Insoluble fiber will help keep everything "moving" and prevent
constipation.

So overall, foods containing higher amounts of fiber will
help you stay full for longer periods of time which will help you fight
cravings. Women require around 25 grams of fiber per day where men should be
taking anywhere from 30-40 grams per day.

I like to get fiber from things
like high fiber tortillas, high fiber cereals, green vegetables, and some fruits
such as berries.

Hope this little bit of information can help to
understand fiber a little more.

A few years back, scientists found that high-fiber foods ?bang up against the cells lining the gastrointestinal tract, rupturing their outer covering? which ?increases the level of lubricating mucus.? Err, that sounds positively awful. Banging and tearing? Rupturing? These are not the words I like to hear. But wait! The study?s authors say, ?It?s a good thing.? Fantastic! So when all those sticks and twigs rub up against my fleshy interior and literally rupture my intestinal lining, I?ve got nothing to worry about. It?s all part of the plan, right?

Read more: Why Grains Are Unhealthy | Mark's Daily Apple

I add some psyllium husk powder to all of my protein shakes. it's done wonders for my GI issues.

Fiber is a great way to lower LDL cholesterol.

So you are going to avoid every single healthy food because of a pseudo-scientific claim? All of the worlds healthiest superfoods all have fiber in them....along with hundreds of nutrients and phytochemicals, minerals etc. Are you going to avoid taking in all of these super-nutrients because you think its rubbing on your colon? Do you have any idea how many benefits fiber have? I stopped reading that article when it started saying that eating fruits is in a round-about way the same as eating spoonfuls of sugar. Have you done any research into the hundreds of known and documented benefits of fiber?

Back