We don't hire the unemployed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 33
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Bowden's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Volunteer Moderators of the world unite, you have only your chains to loose!!!
    Posts
    1,785
    Rep Points
    819562564

    We don't hire the unemployed.

    Excellent article that illustrates the changing dynamics in the U.S. job market since 2007 and the start of the great recession.


    "Long-term joblessness the kind that Ms. Barrington-Ward and about four million others are experiencing is now one of the defining realities of the American work force."

    Entire article at:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/17/bu...l?ref=business

    Caught in Unemployment's Revolving Door


    Gretchen Ertl for The New York Times

    Jenner Barrington-Ward says that she has been told, point-blank to my face, We don't hire the unemployed.

    By Annie Lowrey


    Published: November 16, 2013

    On a cold October morning, just after the federal government shutdown came to an end, Jenner Barrington-Ward headed into court in Boston to declare bankruptcy.




    Gretchen Ertl for The New York Times

    Ms. Barrington-Ward, who hasn't had a full-time job since 2008, is planning a local access television show in Somerville, Mass.


    It took weeks to put the paperwork together, given that her papers and belongings were scattered across the country there was a broken-down car and boxes of paperwork in Virginia Beach, clothes in Colorado and personal possessions at a friends house in Somerville, Mass. She managed to estimate her income maybe $5,000 last year, but maybe half that this year from odd jobs. Soon, she would officially have nothing.


    It has been a painful slide. A five-year spell of unemployment has slowly scrubbed away nearly every vestige of Ms. Barrington-Wards middle-class life. She is a 53-year-old college graduate who worked steadily for three decades. She is now broke and homeless.


    Ms. Barrington-Ward describes it as my journey through hell. She was laid off from an administrative position at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2008; she had earned about $50,000 that year. With the recession spurring employers to dump hundreds of thousands of workers a month and the unemployment rate climbing to the double digits, she found that no matter the number of resumes she sent out she stopped counting in the thousands she could not find work.


    I've been turned down from McDonald's because I was told I was too articulate, she says. I got denied a job scrubbing toilets because I didn't speak Spanish and turned away from a laundromat because I was too pretty. I've also been told point-blank to my face, We don't hire the unemployed. And the two times I got real interest from a prospective employer, the credit check ended it immediately.
    For Ms. Barrington-Ward, joblessness itself has become a trap, an impediment to finding a job. Economists see it the same way, concerned that joblessness lasting more than six months is a major factor preventing people from getting rehired, with potentially grave consequences for tens of millions of Americans.


    The long-term jobless, after all, tend to be in poorer health, and to have higher rates of suicide and strained family relations. Even the children of the long-term unemployed see lower earnings down the road.
    The consequences are grave for the country, too: lost production, increased social spending, decreased tax revenue and slower growth. Policy makers and academics are now asking whether an improving economy might absorb those workers in time to prevent long-term economic damage.


    I don't think we know the answer, said Jesse Rothstein, an economist at the University of California, Berkeley. But right now, I think everybody's worst fears are coming true, as far as we can tell.
    Soon after we first talked in October, Ms. Barrington-Ward left her sister's house in Ohio, where she had crashed for six weeks, and went back to Boston and filed her bankruptcy paperwork. She contacted a headhunter. I've got to get a job, she said. I just have to. She had two job interviews lined up and her fingers crossed.


    Long-term joblessness the kind that Ms. Barrington-Ward and about four million others are experiencing is now one of the defining realities of the American work force.


    The unemployment rate has fallen to 7.3 percent, down from 10 percent four years ago. Private businesses have added about 7.6 million positions over the same period. But while recent numbers show that there are about as many people unemployed for short periods as in 2007 before the crisis hit they also show that long-term joblessness is up 213 percent.
    In part, that's because people don't return to work in an orderly, first-fired, first-hired fashion. In any given month, a newly jobless worker has about a 20 to 30 percent chance of finding a new job. By the time he or she has been out of work for six months, though, the chance drops to one in 10, according to research by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.

    Facing those kinds of odds, some of the long-term jobless have simply given up and dropped out of the labor force. So while official figures show that the number of long-term jobless has fallen steeply from its recessionary high of 6.7 million, many researchers fear that this number could mean as much bad news as good. Workers over 50 may be biding their time until they can start receiving Social Security. Younger workers may be going to school to avoid a tough job market. Others may be going on disability, helping to explain that program?s surging rolls.


    Stan Hampton, 59, a veteran of the Iraq war, is now earning his associate degree. But he has not had a job since returning from active duty in 2007, and is now living in an apartment complex for veterans near Las Vegas.

    I'm just trying to hang on until my retirement kicks in, he said, though he stressed that he would still look for a job. I have not been in jail or prison, nor am I an alcoholic, drug addict or gambling addict. I am simply old, unemployed and out of money.
    Last edited by Bowden; 11-17-2013 at 07:28 AM.
    http://www.anabolic-society.com/imag...ine=1349572820
    PrunaGrow.com, the only Myostatin inhibiting geriatric Follistatin peptides that I trust 100%!!!
    NOW 10% OFF ON ALL YOUR SUPPLIES!!! Promo Code: Oldfartrep#1
    PRUNAGROW BODYBUILDING NUTRITION

    Discipline, patience, commitment and perseverance = Bodybuilding success.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    troubador's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,265
    Rep Points
    362639759

    I've been turned down from McDonald's because I was told I was too articulate, she says. I got denied a job scrubbing toilets because I didn't speak Spanish and turned away from a laundromat because I was too pretty. I've also been told point-blank to my face, We don't hire the unemployed. And the two times I got real interest from a prospective employer, the credit check ended it immediately.

  3. #3
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    california
    Posts
    69
    Rep Points
    4395569

    ^ I'm agreeing with this guy, I highly doubt it's hard to get a job at McDonalds or other popular minimum wage jobs as long as your acting professional and taking the right steps , such as going in talking to the manager, checking up on your application, etc. I think the problem is to many people don't do this and don't have anything impressive on there resume or are simply applying to a job which is way above there level.

  4. #4
    Moderator
    MODERATOR
    SheriV's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,510
    Rep Points
    1408003009

    I actually at one point couldnt get hired at places like McDonalds, Walmart, Home Depot etc because I made the somewhat bad decision to dip out of the workforce to take care of my kids. It didn't make fiscal sense to pay for childcare vs what I was earning.
    And my history had long been in emergency medicine...I cant work in that field anymore.

    I did find work in small businesses though easily enough doing very basic tasks for mediocre money but one employer made me management fast..which led to more management and I had sales experience from my earlier days..so I went into sales management, which evolved into the construction markets...


    IDK ..I tend to wonder how people can't find work of any kind but at the same time, I'm not 50 and facing age-ism either nor am I afraid to do hard labor (concrete, tree work, mechanic)

    There were layoffs at my hubs company on friday and this is sort of scary to me because its never happened in the 6 years hes worked there. It seems they taregted two people that don't get along with everyone. One person whos job was redundant and several people that were either past retirement age or right before it.

    still..scary shit.

    IronMagLabs Discount Code for 15% off ~~ Sheriv15

    ~~~~Use "Sheriv15" a coupon code for 15% off at IronMag research~~~~

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    charley's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    as far from you as possible
    Posts
    6,303
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    ..How about a little compassion, judging with a heavy hand is not 'my cup of tea'.. I've always been fortunate in my life,despite a ton of bad decisions I was lucky and found a way, not everybody does.


  6. #6
    .45 ACP rules!


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,606
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    My daughter, who is 18, just found her first job. She'd been turned down by the job market entry level fast food jobs before being hired as seasonal help at a department store chain in Florida.

    It's easy to think that even fast food jobs can be had with ease, but that really isn't the case.
    If gunners were as violent as anti-gunners believe, logically there wouldn't be any anti-gunners left.

  7. #7
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & Florida & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,381
    Rep Points
    980708041

    Quote Originally Posted by troubador View Post
    you obviously haven't been following this issue at all because it's been occurring for years all over the country.

    Google Search
    https://www.google.com/search?q=unem...ient=firefox-a

    and it's even been reported on Fox
    In Startling Job Trend, Unemployed Need Not Apply | Fox News

    unemployment status is not a protected class by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) like race or gender so this practice is perfectly legal in the U.S. this goes back to US workers being the least protected in the OECD.

    Employment policies and data - Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    troubador's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,265
    Rep Points
    362639759

    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    you obviously haven't been following this issue at all because it's been occurring for years all over the country.

    Google Search
    https://www.google.com/search?q=unem...ient=firefox-a

    and it's even been reported on Fox
    In Startling Job Trend, Unemployed Need Not Apply | Fox News

    unemployment status is not a protected class by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) like race or gender so this practice is perfectly legal in the U.S. this goes back to US workers being the least protected in the OECD.

    Employment policies and data - Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
    Clearly you've been watching Fox news while masturbating to Asian lady boy porn because the reason she didn't get hired wasn't because she was too articulate and pretty.

    University of Arizona Helps Transgender Studies Take a Bold Leap Forward | Mitch Kellaway

    Press Release: IMF Study says Latin American and Caribbean Economies Should Take Advantage of Favorable Conditions to Foster Stronger Growth

    CDC Online Newsroom - Press Release - CDC study shows 54 percent decrease in teen drinking and driving since 1991 - October 2, 2012

    Notes from the Field: Electronic Cigarette Use Among Middle and High School Students ? United States, 2011?2012

    Economic study predicts modest growth from Boulder-White Clouds monument designation | Environment | Idahostatesman.com

    The Prevalence of Anxiety and Mood Problems among Children with Autism and Asperger Syndrome

    Study: Number of frogs, toads declining at alarming rate - The Denver Post

    Isolation of Nipah virus from Malaysian Island flying-foxes

    Did Somebody Step on a Duck?: A Natural History of the Fart - Jim Dawson - Google Books

    A Companion to Asian American Studies - Google Books

  9. #9
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & Florida & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,381
    Rep Points
    980708041

    really that's why this search that I just performed on Monster.com with the key words of "Must Be Currently Employed" showed up 214 results

    Must Be Currently Employed Jobs
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Bowden's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Volunteer Moderators of the world unite, you have only your chains to loose!!!
    Posts
    1,785
    Rep Points
    819562564

    Last edited by Bowden; 11-18-2013 at 06:01 PM.
    http://www.anabolic-society.com/imag...ine=1349572820
    PrunaGrow.com, the only Myostatin inhibiting geriatric Follistatin peptides that I trust 100%!!!
    NOW 10% OFF ON ALL YOUR SUPPLIES!!! Promo Code: Oldfartrep#1
    PRUNAGROW BODYBUILDING NUTRITION

    Discipline, patience, commitment and perseverance = Bodybuilding success.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Bowden's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Volunteer Moderators of the world unite, you have only your chains to loose!!!
    Posts
    1,785
    Rep Points
    819562564

    ^^^

    Did Somebody Step on a Duck?: A Natural History of the Fart - Jim Dawson - Google Books


    Hot damn..
    Look at all of the really cool shit related to farts that a Google search hit gives.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=fart...ient=firefox-a

    Someone would be the life of the party if they started chating about farts with strangers at a party
    http://www.anabolic-society.com/imag...ine=1349572820
    PrunaGrow.com, the only Myostatin inhibiting geriatric Follistatin peptides that I trust 100%!!!
    NOW 10% OFF ON ALL YOUR SUPPLIES!!! Promo Code: Oldfartrep#1
    PRUNAGROW BODYBUILDING NUTRITION

    Discipline, patience, commitment and perseverance = Bodybuilding success.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    troubador's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,265
    Rep Points
    362639759

    LAMbot just keeps going no matter what you say... Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unlikely to step up and to constant pressure too independent, and to consume The who are helpless, that the institutions. Optimism is a strategy for themselves, and so on -- because unlikely to step up and professional training system, there is to ratify decisions and professional training system is a very elaborate filter, which just weeds out people whole educational and who don't know how to be submissive, and take responsibility for making.

    http://www.bls.gov/opub/ils/pdf/opbils91.pdf

    Classic sign of autism appears in early infancy, study says

    http://groups.csail.mit.edu/lbr/hrg/2000/WDL2000.pdf

    Changes in penile length after robot-assisted lap... [J Endourol. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    charley's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    as far from you as possible
    Posts
    6,303
    Rep Points
    2147483647


  14. #14
    Registered User
    troubador's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,265
    Rep Points
    362639759

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    Wow!!
    At first pass there appears to be a lot of really valuable information in the documents at those links.
    Personally I plan to spend my Thanksgiving holiday memorizing the information and running Google searches on all those topics.
    You never know when knowing stuff like that could come in handy.
    Thanks for posting the links.
    Those who study world fart history aren't subjected to being bamboozled by the NWO. If you join an elite secret society you'll most likely need to know these topics for the entrance exam. When I joined the Illuminati the exam was heavy on flying foxes, fart history and ladyboy prostitution economics. Don't watch Fox news like LAM or you'll end up in one of those lesser societies like the lollipop gang.

    The fart studies

    New Study Finds Popular “Alpha Dog” Training Techniques Can Cause More Harm than Good | Animal Behavior and Medicine Blog | Dr. Sophia Yin, DVM, MS

    Study Finds Most Fentanyl 'Lollipop' Prescriptions Are Off-Label | Psychiatric Times

  15. #15
    .45 ACP rules!


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,606
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by troubador View Post
    LAMbot just keeps going no matter what you say... Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unlikely to step up and to constant pressure too independent, and to consume The who are helpless, that the institutions. Optimism is a strategy for themselves, and so on -- because unlikely to step up and professional training system, there is to ratify decisions and professional training system is a very elaborate filter, which just weeds out people whole educational and who don't know how to be submissive, and take responsibility for making.

    http://www.bls.gov/opub/ils/pdf/opbils91.pdf

    Classic sign of autism appears in early infancy, study says

    http://groups.csail.mit.edu/lbr/hrg/2000/WDL2000.pdf

    Changes in penile length after robot-assisted lap... [J Endourol. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI
    None of which changes the fact that decent jobs are no longer the norm. Sticking your fingers in your ears yelling Lalalalala! doesn't mean the situation no longer exists.
    If gunners were as violent as anti-gunners believe, logically there wouldn't be any anti-gunners left.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    troubador's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,265
    Rep Points
    362639759

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    None of which changes the fact that decent jobs are no longer the norm. Sticking your fingers in your ears yelling Lalalalala! doesn't mean the situation no longer exists.
    Actually this is incorrect. My posts in this thread are going to rejuvenate the job market. Look for median wages to skyrocket in the following months.

    If anyone else wants to argue against a point I didn't make please back it up with nonsensical references.

    What does science suggest about the health risks of competitive speed eating? | | nutsci.orgnutsci.org

  17. #17
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & Florida & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,381
    Rep Points
    980708041

    Quote Originally Posted by troubador View Post
    LAMbot just keeps going no matter what you say...
    how does "optimism" reverse this trend when the de-industrialization of the US continues and gets worst every single day along with the financialization of the US economy?

    does does "optimism" reverse the slowdown in transactions when the majority of the nations income goes to people with the propensity to save versus spend?

    Velocity of M2 Money Stock (M2V) - FRED - St. Louis Fed

    your optimism is based on magical thinking and not real world economics or historical economic data.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    troubador's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,265
    Rep Points
    362639759

    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    how does "optimism" reverse this trend when the de-industrialization of the US continues and gets worst every single day along with the financialization of the US economy?

    does does "optimism" reverse the slowdown in transactions when the majority of the nations income goes to people with the propensity to save versus spend?

    Velocity of M2 Money Stock (M2V) - FRED - St. Louis Fed

    your optimism is based on magical thinking and not real world economics or historical economic data.
    LAM just argued with a string of text I got from a gibberish generating site. Gibberish Generator

    I plugged in a few Chomsky quotes and that's what popped out. Right after I said it doesn't matter what you say because LAM's a robot, I posted actual gibberish and he fucking replied as programmed. It's fucking amazing. I could have said "LAM you're a retard, I'm about to post a bunch of nonsensical gibberish and you'll actually argue with it" and guess what, he would have. What else is amazing are the people here who praise him. What the fuck is wrong with you people? He's incapable of having a conversation. He can't differentiate between structured sentences and gibberish! He just says the same shit over and over.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    troubador's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,265
    Rep Points
    362639759


  20. #20
    Registered User
    troubador's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,265
    Rep Points
    362639759

    Here's one of the original quotes: ?Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so.?





  21. #21
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & Florida & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,381
    Rep Points
    980708041

    Quote Originally Posted by troubador View Post
    LAM just argued with a string of text I got from a gibberish generating site. Gibberish Generator

    I plugged in a few Chomsky quotes and that's what popped out. Right after I said it doesn't matter what you say because LAM's a robot, I posted actual gibberish and he fucking replied as programmed. It's fucking amazing. I could have said "LAM you're a retard, I'm about to post a bunch of nonsensical gibberish and you'll actually argue with it" and guess what, he would have. What else is amazing are the people here who praise him. What the fuck is wrong with you people? He's incapable of having a conversation. He can't differentiate between structured sentences and gibberish! He just says the same shit over and over.
    it's gibberish to you because you don't understand economics for shit! LMAO
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  22. #22
    Registered User
    troubador's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,265
    Rep Points
    362639759

    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    it's gibberish to you because you don't understand economics for shit! LMAO
    There it is again. You're either the most brain fried person on the internet or greatest troll ever.

  23. #23
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    8,840
    Rep Points
    458628346

    I thought I had shared this in August. Just because someone does not believe something is not happening does not make it false. You may have to experience it yourself.

    The Discrimination No One Talks About - Compliancex | Compliancex

    The Discrimination No One Talks About

    by Jack J. Kelly on August 12, 2013

    If you have been out of work for 9 months and longer you may in trouble.

    During the financial crisis and the time period following it was understandable and generally accepted for people to be out of work for a fairly lengthy period of time.

    The mood and opinions have changed.

    While it is not accepted to discriminate against people for their color, race, religion and age companies tend not to view the long-term unemployed in this manner.

    Like all types of discrimination people rarely blatantly admit to their bias. They use code words or excuses.

    With long-term unemployment the discrimination is at times blatant.

    Hiring managers feel that if a person has been out of work for a long period there has to be a problem. ?Why didn?t someone pick this guy up by now.? It is the same mindset if you meet a single man in his late 30?s or 40?s and hasn?t been married and still single. He is good looking, polite, nice with a great job, what?s wrong with him? Is he gay? Is he a psycho ax murderer?

    This holds true with the unemployed. What is wrong with them. There must be a problem. The guy must be a mess. Thank you but no thank you.

    It is also similar to dating. You want what someone else has. If he has a girlfriend then he is great. If he is single, what?s wrong?

    There are a couple of ways to help combat this problem.
    1.Do Something. Go back to school, write a book, do charity work, travel, anything that fills the gap in employment and reflects that you are still viable.


    1.Ensure your social media profiles reflect that you are still normal, alive, and engaged.


    1.Keep networking so that you are not forgotten by your peers.


    1.Open your vistas to other types of jobs that your skill set may cross over to.


    1.Meet recruiters face to face so that they view you a real person.


    1.Don?t give up!

  24. #24
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & Florida & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,381
    Rep Points
    980708041

    Quote Originally Posted by troubador View Post
    There it is again. You're either the most brain fried person on the internet or greatest troll ever.
    please do explain in detail how "optimism' is going to increase real wages at rates higher than that of energy and food prices and cumulative inflation on the USD across all 5 of the income quintiles in the US stimulating aggregate demand and increasing the velocity of the money stack?

    at the same time the US private sector is in the process of de-leveraging from the record levels private sector debt that peaked in 2008,

    this should be good...LOL
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  25. #25
    Registered User
    troubador's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,265
    Rep Points
    362639759

    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    please do explain in detail how "optimism' is going to increase real wages at rates higher than that of energy and food prices and cumulative inflation on the USD across all 5 of the income quintiles in the US stimulating aggregate demand and increasing the velocity of the money stack?

    at the same time the US private sector is in the process of de-leveraging from the record levels private sector debt that peaked in 2008,

    this should be good...LOL

  26. #26
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    charley's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    as far from you as possible
    Posts
    6,303
    Rep Points
    2147483647


  27. #27
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & Florida & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,381
    Rep Points
    980708041

    Quote Originally Posted by troubador View Post
    as expected you have not a fucking clue about the topic.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  28. #28
    Registered User
    troubador's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,265
    Rep Points
    362639759

    LAM, are you trolling or do you really not understand what is happening in this thread?

    Pick one of the following:
    A) Trolling
    B) Do not understand

  29. #29
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & Florida & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,381
    Rep Points
    980708041

    Quote Originally Posted by troubador View Post
    LAM, are you trolling or do you really not understand what is happening in this thread?

    Pick one of the following:
    A) Trolling
    B) Do not understand
    are all of you right wingers stuck on stupid, I fucking posted a link to monster.com showing a search that I had just performed which shows how it's real and still going on today.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  30. #30
    Team RamRod
    MODERATOR
    OfficerFarva's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Dunkin' Donuts
    Posts
    4,680
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    are all of you right wingers stuck on stupid, I fucking posted a link to monster.com showing a search that I had just performed which shows how it's real and still going on today.

    Are you saying 214 results represents every job posting out there? Obviously discrimination is alive and well but does it mean all job postings are going to discriminate against a person?

    http://ironmagresearch.com

    Canadian Rep for IMR. Use code Farva15 for a 15% discount!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MF Global and its 1066 unemployed
    By Gregzs in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 11-13-2013, 09:50 PM
  2. I am now unemployed
    By Shadowcam in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-10-2012, 07:53 PM
  3. recently unemployed=no gym..
    By Cgrant in forum Training
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 09:12 AM
  4. I am officially UNEMPLOYED!!!!
    By Rocco32 in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 01:09 PM
  5. ForemanRules is an unemployed loser!
    By god hand in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-18-2005, 02:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->