• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Pharmagen ? Underground Lab Busted!

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Pharmagen ? Underground Lab Busted!

by Brandon Lyons

We haven?t seen a big Underground Lab get busted in awhile, probably not since last Winter ? so for those of you who get antsy when there haven?t been any busts in awhile, this one should chill you out for awhile. The huge underground lab Pharmagen, out of Oregon, got busted a few days ago. To be honest, I haven?t kept up with the UGLs like I probably should, but this one has been operating since just before ORD, way back in 2006, so I?m actually very familiar with them. They were active on Steroid.com and EliteFitness.com, most of the little sites, and they were run by a bunch of NPC bodybuiders.

Shane Jack and Landon Britt were the two primary owners of the lab. Shane competed in the NPC, mostly in local shows, as did Landon. Shane also happened to be a ?contest prep coach? for NPC Athletes, and his wife Georgia was named in the indictment as an accomplice.

Brandon Lyons was also named in the indictment, and just like Shane and his wife, was a competitive bodybuilder and worked with NPC athletes for contest prep. The indictment also names numerous defendants, some in Oregon, others in Washington, California, and farther east: James Longoria Jr., of Clackamas, Matthew Bowen of Tualatin, Christopher Bowden of Beaverton, Travis Monteith of Fairview, Bradley Hollibaugh of Otis Orchards, Wash., Ali Shaghaghi of Seattle, Benjamin Luck and German Martin McCubbin, who live in California and Keith Kofoed who lives in California and North Carolina.

Since 2008, they received 68 shipments and sent about 50 wire transfers to China. Britt sent $96,299 from Western Union to China between 2006 and June 2012, and also transferred $369, 875 to Chinese companies, direct from his bank account. Stupid, stupid, stupid?they were also selling recs and operating a grow spot for marijuana, plus they got caught with guns ? which means they?re looking at a ton of federal time if they?re convicted (they?ll cut a plea deal before that happens, though). I believe you need identification for anything over $1,000 for Western Union, but I could be mistaken, or they could have changed the rules. Either way, when you get up to these kinds of quantities, obviously BitCoin is a far better option.

I?m somewhat amazed that these guys weren?t busted sooner ? they were running a pretty large operation, and sending wire transfers to China from your own personal account is pretty f/cking stupid. Perhaps they thought that their legitimate business, S&J Motors, would provide enough of a cover for their illicit activities ? which sounds like a fine plan at first, but when you consider the fact that they posted pictures of their products online ? using their own business as the backdrop for the pics ? well, once again, I?m shocked that they weren?t caught sooner.

Not very intellegent.

not also good for all who use them online! More and more new busts coming for sure!

still dont think u should mix recs with aas....ya thats not their downfall but def not a smart idea..i guess money wise it is

From past cases, what happens to customers when a lab gets busted?

they will bust who is easy to bust like local guys. My friend got pinches a few years ago and they took his computer and cell phone. Got all his text messages printed out and looked up his face book and busted everyone that provided them with enough evidence to bust them. I watch 2 sailors get kicked out and a few others land a few weeks in jail.

Scary sh!t! What steps can customers take to protect themselves? I mean you need to provide an address for shipment, what else would they really need?

is there something you need to share with the class??

I've never actually seen em on ef..unless they were under a diff name?

quick google look around and all the websites are eatin this story up huh?

Scary sh!t! What steps can customers take to protect themselves? I mean you need to provide an address for shipment, what else would they really need?

not talk about juice to anyone ever, keep all your shit in a safe, use a fake name on the shipping address or ship it to someone else's house (what I do), leave no paper trails, and if u wanna be REALLY safe, only conduct aas business on a public computer don't even look at bodybuilding sites :coffee:

harmagen Underground Steroid Lab Raided with Arrests in Five StatesBy Millard Baker, Senior Writer, Steroid.com
Sixteen individuals in five states were arrested by federal agents during early morning raids on the underground steroid laboratory (UGL) known as Pharmagen. The two ringleaders and nine others behind the Pharmagen steroid distribution operation were arrested in Oregon; the remaining co-conspirators were arrested in Washington, California, Massachusetts and North Carolina.
The Pharmagen UGL had been in operation for at least five years according a federal indictment. A long-term investigation involving the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) and the Portland Police identified the ringleaders as Shane Jack and Landon Britt.
"This is a very serious long-term drug trafficking offense that Mr. Jack was a central part of for many years,'' according to Assistant U.S. Attorney Thomas Edmonds.
Jack and Britt were said to have created the Portland-based SJ Motors car dealership as a front for their illicit steroid smuggling and distribution business. According to Oregon state company registration records, Jack was listed as the President and Britt was listed as the Secretary of SJ Motors. SJ Motors bank accounts were used to finance the purchase of Chinese steroid powder while profits from the illicit sales of steroids were deposited back into the company accounts according to prosecutors.
Ruben L. I?iguez, the public defender representing Jack and Britt, maintained that SJ Motors was a legitimate business.
"This gentleman is not a felon ... he denies these allegations fully,? I?iguez said. ?He's a businessman, who submits taxes to the government for a legitimate business."
The location of the actual ?underground laboratory? used to manufacture anabolic steroids was apartment number 106 at the Altamont Summit Luxury Apartment in Happy Valley. Upon raiding the apartment, federal agents seized over 5,000 vials of injectable anabolic steroids, 250 bottles or oral anabolic steroids and almost seven kilograms of unprocessed steroid powder.
The co-conspirators have been accused of receiving at least 68 shipments of illegal steroids packages from China since 2008. The packages included imported steroid powders from Shanghai Yunyun Chemical Co., Hangzhou Huagao Industry Co. Ltd. and Wan International Ltd.
Britt paid $369,875 to these Chinese chemical companies in exchange for steroids using his Chase bank account. He has also been accused of transferring another $96,299 to the chemical companies via almost 50 wire transfers using Western Union.
While anabolic steroids seemed to be the main focus of the illegal drug distribution enterprise, Jack and Britt also distributed marijuana and Oxycodone according to the indictment. Four pounds of marijuana was seized alongside the Pharmagen steroids at the Happy Valley apartment. In addition, Britt owned land in Selma, Oregon that was used to grow and distribute marijuana
James Longoria Jr. was named as a co-conspirator linked to marijuana distribution. He is also suspected of being connected to an ?ongoing criminal enterprise?.
Various other members of the Pharmagen enterprise were responsible for receiving steroid shipments. For example, a package containing 7,000 tablets of an unspecified steroid was intended for co-conspirator Ronald Stoltenberg; Doug Erickson was the intended recipient of two kilograms of steroid powder.
Former and current competitive bodybuilder Brad Hollibaugh and Brandon Lyons were also arrested by federal marshalls. Lyons mother and stepfather, Rebecca and Doug Erickson were arrested.
The remaining co-defendants include Georgia Jack, the wife of accused ringleader Shane Jack, Matthew Bowen, Christopher Bowder, Travis Monteith, Ali Shaghaghi, Benjamin Luck, German Martin McCubbin and Keith Kofoed.
Jack and Britt were indicted on three-counts: conspiracy to manufacture and deliver anabolic steroids, marijuana and oxycodone, carrying a firearm during the commission of drug trafficking and international money laundering. They have pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Source:
Bernstein, M. (November 14, 2013). International steroid ring operated out of purported Portland car dealership, prosecutor says. Retrieved from International steroid ring operated out of purported Portland car dealership, prosecutor says | OregonLive.com

not talk about juice to anyone ever, keep all your shit in a safe, use a fake name on the shipping address or ship it to someone else's house (what I do), leave no paper trails, and if u wanna be REALLY safe, only conduct aas business on a public computer don't even look at bodybuilding sites :coffee:
all of this and also dont lift weights (thats a dead give-a-way)

I know Brandon Lyons. He's brought some sick conditioning and size!! Not very smart

Back