Cemproducts.com

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

What is your view on the DC Training

SteelGear.net
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

What is your view on the DC Training

A couple of months ago I asked about DC training in Training section, but got 2 or 3 replies. I decided to ask again in the Anabolic Zone as I want some input from the big boys.

Most of you should be familiar with doggcrap workout and his blast and cruise approach (5-8 weeks on followed by 2-3 weeks off / cruise).

What is your opinion on this low volume workout?
    Do you find it more beneficial than high volume, lets say 4 exercises per muscle group approach?

Pharma Grade Caber 20x1mg 50USD http://steelgear.net/mens-health/cabergoline
    Pharma Grade Caber 20x2mg 90USD http://steelgear.net/mens-health/cabaser-2mg

Crimson Rep
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

its hard as fuck... i tried it and just couldnt do it. i couldnt eat enough to sustain my gains. I got up to 216 though but just burnt out hard. I am following john meadows stuff now which is amazing.

ALPHA MALE
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

its probably effective...heavy or light training doesnt matter...just failure

SHOW ME HOW RELENTLESS YOU REALLY ARE

Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Its for advanced trainers. Very easy to get injured trying to beat the log book. It works but many guys that train that way end up getting hurt.

IronMagLabs 15% Off Coupon Code = heavyiron15
    International (outside the USA) Customers go to Orbitnutrition.com

Hardcore Peptides 20% Discount Code: HEAVY20

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

Getting strong
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I tried it once for half years... Following the diet was hard (2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight and no carbs after 6) but I liked the training. Strength increased a lot.. I was natty when I tried it and now when I think about it, I was no where advanced enough to train that way - but I don't regret it. It was when I learnt how to train legs. Widowmaker sets are killers.

Crimson Rep
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

i still do the rest pause sets, but i am really liking john meadows style of training. I have never had lines in my quads EVER but would squat 500lbs. Now my squat is even higher and my legs are shredded year round.

SteelGear.net
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Thanks for the replies guys. I will look into john meadows training.

I felt like I plateaued on standard bodybuilding split, I was be doing 16-20 sets per muscle group, was stuck on the same weight for weeks at a time. I always logged every workout and each week I either tried to squeeze 1 more rep or increase the weight by 5 lbs.

I have been doing DC training for 4 months now. 5-8 weeks blast where I would train every other day, followed by 2-3 weeks cruise periods where I would train once every 3-4 days.
    I haven't gained much size yet, but I am definitely improving my lifts.
    I am prone to injuries hence I decided to use a high rep range. 10-18 reps for the first set, then 8-10 and 2-6 for the rest paused sets, each set until total muscle failure.

Also once every few weeks I like to do a bit of power-lifting and strongman stuff (deadlift, log press, atlas stones, farmers walk etc.) I also gained a lot of strength on those lifts, which is very surprising considering I only do them 1ce every 3-4 weeks.

SteelGear.net
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Thanks Jay_Steel it looks intense!

Besides being stronger than before may I add that nowadays I spend much less time at the gym doing fewer sets yet I am much more sore the day after. Sometimes I am forced to take 2 days of inbetween workouts. Pecks and hamstrings suffer the most.
    Current workout DC training which consist of 2-3 quick warm up sets, 1 working set followed by 2 rest paused sets per muscle group.
    Previous workout standard bodybuilding split which consisted of 3 exercises per muscle group, a 2-3 warm up sets followed by 3-4 straight sets of 8-12 reps, last exercise with drop sets or forced negatives.

Crimson Rep
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

yeah i ran DC training for a few months and just couldnt do it. Its a HARD workout and couldnt recover fast enough to keep up. So my gains were suffering compared to what I am doing now.