• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Does IGF permanently increase Insulin Sensitivity

cerberus16sk

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Everywhere I read, it says that IGF increases insulin sensitivity in muscle. My question is, is this permanent?

I dont know about IGF but I know with Slin I have been off it for some time and I still go hypo every now and then out of no where. BS doesnt drop as low as it did when i was on slin but its enough to make me run around looking for carbs.

i think with everything you start to really change its never going to be 100% back to normal. You mess with T3 you will fuck with your thyroid you mess with slin you will fuck with your pancreas. Its a double edge sword of how big do you want to be at how much risk do you want to take. I personally do not believe the guys dropping right now are due to their gear i think its due to other bad life style decisions. Most of them seems to be heart failure. You walk around at 320 off season your heart is working the shit out of it to pump blood.

But also you have to ask your self is the IGF i am getting legit.. The reason why i say this is because my boy was on REAL IGF back in the 90's spending 1200 plus for it. Then if your going to be doing IGF you should be pumping as much legit GH into your system as possible Sero's, rips, or if you can get them real hyge's. Then that gets pricey with your gear. If your pinning cheap ass yellows or blues then i would get them tested and pin 15iu of gh or pin 6-8 iu of legit gh. I mean if your talking about IGF you want to get huge...

Next question... Your running some pretty advanced stuff... so when are you stepping on stage?

i think with everything you start to really change its never going to be 100% back to normal. You mess with T3 you will fuck with your thyroid you mess with slin you will fuck with your pancreas. Its a double edge sword of how big do you want to be at how much risk do you want to take. I personally do not believe the guys dropping right now are due to their gear i think its due to other bad life style decisions. Most of them seems to be heart failure. You walk around at 320 off season your heart is working the shit out of it to pump blood.

But also you have to ask your self is the IGF i am getting legit.. The reason why i say this is because my boy was on REAL IGF back in the 90's spending 1200 plus for it. Then if your going to be doing IGF you should be pumping as much legit GH into your system as possible Sero's, rips, or if you can get them real hyge's. Then that gets pricey with your gear. If your pinning cheap ass yellows or blues then i would get them tested and pin 15iu of gh or pin 6-8 iu of legit gh. I mean if your talking about IGF you want to get huge...

Next question... Your running some pretty advanced stuff... so when are you stepping on stage?

exactly!

Jay, check out my blood test log! Ive been running the ghrp/cjc1295 combo, but I just threw in IGF-1 LR3 yesterday! If its good as the ghrp/cjc then I suspect Ill get some pretty nice results!

I dont know about IGF but I know with Slin I have been off it for some time and I still go hypo every now and then out of no where. BS doesnt drop as low as it did when i was on slin but its enough to make me run around looking for carbs.

i noticed this also.. i had life trheatening insulin resistance caused by GHRP-6.. i kinda fixed it supplementing with magnesium, zinc, b complex, and vitamin c.. but i noticed once i tried insulin i started feeling a lot better even when i wasnt on it. especially at the beginning.. i think giving my pancreas that much needed break meant it was able to release more insulin later on but it really seems to have increased my sensitivity.. maybe the added muscle mass had something to do with it? IGF seems very promising.. it sensitizes muscle cells to insulin which in the long runs lowers blood insulin levels.. but im wondering if this during long term supplementation or if using it for a month or two will help.. im thinking if it adds lean muscle like that it may give me more muscle to make use of that blood sugar.. but im no expert in this field. i just remember before the ghrp-6 i used to go hypo a lot and thats when i felt the healthiest also.. i had packed on a lot of muscle onto a tiny frame and my metabolism was sky high.. now i have a big frame n my metabolism is better than average but not what i want it to be and not what i deserve considering how much and how hard i train..

i met a female IFBB pro and she told me i should compete. im not thinking about it now because i am not happy with my physique. i am strong, but not aesthetic.. the GHRP made my waist wider and my torso longer, and my arms are longer.. i look more blocky with long limbs than before when i had the nice V taper and classic bodybuilder look with small waist.. im hoping IGF, which is responsible for puberty, will help me get the size i need on my long arms, and i desperately want my insulin sensitivity low again.. the GHRP made me grow but i have the body of a kid again, i need to mature and from what i read IGF is responsible for that.. i'm strong as fuck but i have a slender child like look with a bunch of mass on it.. i'll compete when i know i look good.. the IFBB pro said i have a good look though, i am very lean and strong.. i just dont think im shaped right to compete. i have high expectations.. i used to have girls telling me i look like a greek god.. now they just call me buff :X

i was going to get my IGF LR3 from pro peptides . com .. thats where i got my GHRP and triptorelin and they were legit.. the prices look right too. jay will IGF really make you huge? what kind of results did your friend have from it? personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.. from what i read it seems like the gains are lean and tren like but maybe even a little more intense gains where you get a pump.. peptides seem to be on a whole nother level compared to AAS.. i know the slin did in 3 days what most drugs do in weeks and i kept all the strength and size. this was on a low dose of 5iu also. ive never wanted to go higher because i didnt need to and because i dont want sensitivity issues. i never used it more than a couple days in a row and it has proven to be one of the most valuable tools

Last edited:
Everywhere I read, it says that IGF increases insulin sensitivity in muscle. My question is, is this permanent?

Better question should be does IGF creates new satelite muscle cells?
From my experience it sure heck does i mean it takes time but it def does. How sensitive those muscle cells are it's irrelevant because it fluctuates depending what state the whole body is in.

IML Gear Cream!
i noticed this also.. i had life trheatening insulin resistance caused by GHRP-6.. i kinda fixed it supplementing with magnesium, zinc, b complex, and vitamin c.. but i noticed once i tried insulin i started feeling a lot better even when i wasnt on it. especially at the beginning.. i think giving my pancreas that much needed break meant it was able to release more insulin later on but it really seems to have increased my sensitivity.. maybe the added muscle mass had something to do with it? IGF seems very promising.. it sensitizes muscle cells to insulin which in the long runs lowers blood insulin levels.. but im wondering if this during long term supplementation or if using it for a month or two will help.. im thinking if it adds lean muscle like that it may give me more muscle to make use of that blood sugar.. but im no expert in this field. i just remember before the ghrp-6 i used to go hypo a lot and thats when i felt the healthiest also.. i had packed on a lot of muscle onto a tiny frame and my metabolism was sky high.. now i have a big frame n my metabolism is better than average but not what i want it to be and not what i deserve considering how much and how hard i train..

How do you know you had insulin resistance?

How do you know you had insulin resistance?
wasting away no matter how much i ate. read about beef liver being a superfood. tried it and it helped, narrowed down what is in beef liver and researched those vitamins, help with insulin sensitivity.. looked at blood tests careful and noticed high sugar levels.. took insulin and felt brand new again.. a lot of trial and error.. at first i thought i had anemia because b vitamins and iron helped my blood pressure but my blood tests showed they were normal. i was close to dying.. i would be laying in bed and my heart would be beating fast, i was afraid to go to sleep because i would wake up in the night thinking i was having a heart attack till i drank some water. ended up going to the er due to dehydration so bad that my heart wasnt beating correctly and i couldnt drive because my vision was blurred and i couldnt concentrate.. just a lot of things point to insulin resistance.. i also read that GHRP is known to cause it and i used 3 whole vials of ghrp while eating a crapload. i gained 20lbs and figured i wouldnt have any issues because i worked out hard and had low bodyfat..

the reason ghrp causes insulin resistance because it keeps blood sugar levels high.. this causes hyperinsulinemia which causes receptors to downregulate.. my sugar levels remained high after i stopped using the ghrp so thats my reasoning

Pro side for you... it gets better. I used to go hypo off slin for months. In havent touched it in a more then a year(maybe 2 and my last couple runs were soft) and they are very mild and becoming less frequent.

i love the feeling of waking up hypo, cept the brain fog untill you get some gatorade in.. feels lean, healthy, and hungry enough to eat a steak.. that shrunken stomach feeling

i love the feeling of waking up hypo, cept the brain fog untill you get some gatorade in.. feels lean, healthy, and hungry enough to eat a steak.. that shrunken stomach feeling

gatorade should be the last thing you put in when waking up to refeed if your going hypo. I all ways have my breakfast preprepped so all i have to do is heat up water for the oats and cook my eggs. But when I am on slin or anything i dont waste the slin with shit foods. I make sure the best quality foods go into my muscle.

As for the IGF with him hes tried purchase pep and said they were ok but nothing to what he once had. He runs IGtropins now and loves them. But isnt a fan of the "USA" research pep's.

What dose are you going to do and how are your going to run your protocol?

gatorade should be the last thing you put in when waking up to refeed if your going hypo. I all ways have my breakfast preprepped so all i have to do is heat up water for the oats and cook my eggs. But when I am on slin or anything i dont waste the slin with shit foods. I make sure the best quality foods go into my muscle.

As for the IGF with him hes tried purchase pep and said they were ok but nothing to what he once had. He runs IGtropins now and loves them. But isnt a fan of the "USA" research pep's.

What dose are you going to do and how are your going to run your protocol?
i agree with you but when you wake up feeling dizzy and confused all you wanna do is get unhypo before you fall and hit your head.. i havent planed a protocol because im still not sure if i want to use it. sounds perfect to me but i want to read more experiences.. igf is one of those things where people say it was good or bad or explain in scientific terms.. but no one has really said what kind of results they got. i only want to take it if it has a neutral or positive effect on blood sugar utilization in the long run. im trying to actually get healthier. i know IGF is linked to cancer and supposedly shortens life but i think it might be necessary for me right now. if i was going to do it, i would do small doses to try and make sure i minimize intestinal growth. i think i want to order some, now im thinking about whether i should do it on a cycle and if so, with that compound.. i really want to know all the possible negative side-effects and i wanna hear about some awesome results people got.

Not totally OT here, but if I was to guess....99% of the IGF being sold on RC sites and what have you are all BUNK. You guys have any idea how much it costs and how much effort is involved in making this stuff? It's VERY expensive. My guy doesn't sell the stuff or use it, he works in a lab where they supply him with it for research purposes, and every so often I'm able to get a couple grams. I don't know how true this is, but I was told that REAL IGF costs a lot more than REAL HGH. Don't quote me on it, but that's what I was told. The compound is extremely fragile and the equipment needed costs a fortune to manufacture the real stuff. I've tried many kinds of IGF from different websites over the years, and they are ALL NOTHING like the stuff that my buddy gets for me from the lab he works at. I don't even use IGF unless I can get it from my buddy...I have a good stash in my reserve, but I won't waste my $$ on other IGF....don't care who it comes from. IMHO!!!

/V

Not totally OT here, but if I was to guess....99% of the IGF being sold on RC sites and what have you are all BUNK. You guys have any idea how much it costs and how much effort is involved in making this stuff? It's VERY expensive. My guy doesn't sell the stuff or use it, he works in a lab where they supply him with it for research purposes, and every so often I'm able to get a couple grams. I don't know how true this is, but I was told that REAL IGF costs a lot more than REAL HGH. Don't quote me on it, but that's what I was told. The compound is extremely fragile and the equipment needed costs a fortune to manufacture the real stuff. I've tried many kinds of IGF from different websites over the years, and they are ALL NOTHING like the stuff that my buddy gets for me from the lab he works at. I don't even use IGF unless I can get it from my buddy...I have a good stash in my reserve, but I won't waste my $$ on other IGF....don't care who it comes from. IMHO!!!

/V

True today's IGF is garbage and most likely something else if anything. I've done real IGF when a real company first made it before this co got licenced and stopped selling it. Stuff works but the cell division and maturation takes a LONG time. So dont expect to gain as with anabolics it wont happen.

the reason ghrp causes insulin resistance because it keeps blood sugar levels high.. this causes hyperinsulinemia which causes receptors to downregulate.. my sugar levels remained high after i stopped using the ghrp so thats my reasoning

I think eveyone should understand that using let's say GH in large quantities is plain not that smart if you understand the risks. If you take a look at nature when there are the 2 times insulin resistance occurs naturally....
1. When there is plenty of food to eat such as carbs fruits etc..but GH is low
2. when starving GH is high.

So when we have plenty to eat in order to store some fat the body downregulates itself (insulin resistant in the muscle cells only) but allows the fat cells to be sensitive to insulin and deposit fat.
On the other hand, if we starve then gH is sky high but in this case we dont eat much not even carbs.
Now here is the issue....too many ppl use too much GH and gorge on carbs. The problem is that this can possibly create a unnatural insulin resistance.
To avoid this be sensible with your GH use, and if you use a lot of carbs add insulin to your program but keep it to few weeks.

You are a classic case of over using ghrp which is a fragment of GH with lots of carbs creating your issue.
To fix your problem just stay away from peptides and go on a low carb diet and your blood sugar should normalize.

Also a word of warning, when you have insulin resistance to this extreme and you are not geting fat either what that means your pancreas is very much tapped out. In other words be careful to not end up diabetic because your pancreas is not puting out enough insulin to store the sugar to fat which is the most direct way to lower blood sugar levels.

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
i think you are spot on.. i gained about 20lbs in a month on ghrp.. i used the fact that it made me hungry to eat inhuman amounts of food.. and starving myself at certain times to maximize the gh release. i was training like 4 hours a day and while on i felt young again.. its when i came off when things werent right and it took a while for the high blood sugar to really start effecting me. - since i started taking slin ive been feeling healther and healthier.. and i dont know if it was the giving my pancreas a break, or the lean mass ive put on, or lower blood sugar letting me get some natty GH or what but insulin is definately good for me.. so i was curious about IGF.. it seems like it will make me feel better in the short run.. and im just wondering if it will in the long run. it seems like what caused my sugar to rise caused problems and anything causing it to lower is helping. plus my new gh frame looks like it could use some muscle mass - ps. yea bro i was not getting fat i was wasting away.. no matter how much i ate my body was starving.. it was fucked up and i was close to dying. i could feel when my heart didnt have what it needed to beat properly so id have to cut my workouts short. i feel good now though, no problems at all. im finishing deca/dbol/test and i even did a few days of slin with it. no problems. feelin good bruh. before i had to go to the ER for dehydration. since my sugar was so high i kept pissing no matter how much i drank it wasnt enough. your body gets rid of sugar by peeing it out (i guess if there isnt insulin like you were saying, or if the insulin doesnt work). my vision got blurry and i couldnt drive and i could even string a sentance together and my heartbeat was irregular.. all cuz of ghrp. people ask me about GH. i never reccomend it to anybody. way too many sides. n it fucked up my beautiful frame/face. i am bigger tho like i wanted.

Last edited:
damn bro how high was your blood sugar?
IGF will do similar things to your body as GH in terms of blood sugar.
When I took IGF my blood sugar went up about 10-15 points
ALso, eating too much protein may cause some of the pee and thirst symptoms.

the GHRP made my waist wider and my torso longer, and my arms are longer.. i look more blocky with long limbs than before when i had the nice V taper and classic bodybuilder look with small waist.. im hoping IGF, which is responsible for puberty, will help me get the size i need on my long arms, and i desperately want my insulin sensitivity low again.. the GHRP made me grow but i have the body of a kid again, i need to mature and from what i read IGF is responsible for that.. i'm strong as fuck but i have a slender child like look with a bunch of mass on it.. i'll compete when i know i look good.. the IFBB pro said i have a good look though, i am very lean and strong.. i just dont think im shaped right to compete. i have high expectations.. i used to have girls telling me i look like a greek god.. now they just call me buff :X

So what measurements do you have to prove you totally changed your body from experimenting with peptides? Please forgive me for being very, very skeptical.

I do not believe that IGF1 will permanently change much of anything in your body at all, unless perhaps, you have some ridiculous high dosed very long protocol in mind.

I think eveyone should understand that using let's say GH in large quantities is plain not that smart if you understand the risks. If you take a look at nature when there are the 2 times insulin resistance occurs naturally....

Completely agree.

Not going to become a pro bodybuilder? No reason to run high amounts of anything, work your ass off, eat and rest, and enjoy the huge difference that even modest supplementation offers when you're doing everything else right. I'm almost 40 and was born with very average genetics except for being tall, you don't need high dose anything unless you are totally wasting your time in the gym and kitchen.

Back