Super-DMZ Rx 2.0

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

TRT, Deca, and BPH. Advice please.

Rep Points

TRT, Deca, and BPH. Advice please.

I posted this recently, but one of the board reps (correctly) suggested that I post it here.

I recently had an emergency resection (~4 wks ago) of my prostate, as it was twice the size it should have been and I could barely piss. Fortunately the biopsy showed no cancerous cell growth, just a seriously enlarged prostate (BPH).

My heavy workout days are probably over, but I'd still like to take a TRT dose of Test E (something like 75-100 mg/wk) to help keep my sex life active and hopefully retain most of the muscle I already have. Will a TRT dose of Test E cause me further problems with my prostate?

I have a related question for Deca Durobolin. In the past I'd taken a small dose (~50 mg/wk) to help with joint pain, and it seemed to be effective. Will such a small dose of Deca cause any prostate problems? Will a TRT dosage of T keep the Deca from shutting me down. I don't really want to take a higher dose of T because of the BPH issue.

Info or advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Rep Points

1)First off, how old are you?
    2)do you know the size of your prostate? 60 grams, 80 grams?
    3) How long were you noticing symotoms?
    4) i would do mgs of test but also use some low dose proscar. Its the conversion to dht that results in enkargement.
    5) did you have green light laser?
    6) did they ever insert a scope into your penis through your urethra to see how bad of an obstruction you had?
    deca does not convert to dht. Your joints are low T related which means testosterone itself will help.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dyna View Post
    1)First off, how old are you?
    2)do you know the size of your prostate? 60 grams, 80 grams?
    3) How long were you noticing symotoms?
    4) i would do mgs of test but also use some low dose proscar. Its the conversion to dht that results in enkargement.
    5) did you have green light laser?
    6) did they ever insert a scope into your penis through your urethra to see how bad of an obstruction you had?
    deca does not convert to dht. Your joints are low T related which means testosterone itself will help.
    1) I'm 58. 2)My prostate was about 70 grams before the resection. The urologist said the TURP procedure reduced that by about 12-14 grams. 3)Symptoms got gradually worse over past several years, but pretty bad about 4 months ago. 4) My doctor and I have discussed taking Proscar. I think it's a good idea, it reduces DHT by about 70%. If my doctor doesn't prescribe it, I can probably get it online somewhere. I think the low 1 mg dosage would probably be ok now that the resection has reduced the prostate volume. 5)The prostate was too large to have greenlight laser, I had TURP surgery. 6) yeah, I had the scope but before we could decide what to do, I started bleeding and clotting and had emergency TURP surgery and needed a transfusion. I'm still recovering (lot of soreness, low energy) but hopefully the worst is over.

Are you (or anyone) able to tell me the lowest dosage of Deca that will be effective for joint pain? Any additional comments/suggestions are appreciated. This was not a great experience so I want to do all the right things going forward.

Rep Points

Take 100mgs of deca for 2 weeks and then wait another 2 weeks before starting propecia/ proscar.
    deca converts to dhn not dht; however, proscar prevents the conversion to dhn and it then converts to to a very strong androgen( not good).
    When they did the scope, did they notice an obstruction/ blockage?
    did your doctors notice enlargement in your 40's, is that when you first noticed problems; waking up at night, not fully emptying your bladder?
    dont know if you had these problems but my urine stream splits and sometimes sprays.

Rep Points

The scope showed a definite narrowing but not a blockage. What happened was a few days after the scope I started bleeding and then it clotted restricting all flow - next thing I'm having emergency surgery. Yeah, enlargement started in my 40s, having to get up at night, more frequent trips to the bathroom. Got worse over time.

You say, "proscar prevents the conversion to dhn and it then converts to a very strong androgen( not good)." What does it convert to? Is there anything online that describes this in more detail? I ask because I'd been thinking about taking small doses of both of them ongoing. Sounds like I may have to rethink this.

Rep Points

DHN is a weak androgen whereas deca is a very strong androgen if it doesnt convert to dhn. , since it always converts to DHN, deca is considered " a weak androgen ". That said, i read small amounts of deca combined with proscar seem to be fine. I will do some digging and get you some more info.
    i am in my late 40's and my prostate is 30 grams. I am worried that my prostate is giving me trouble. No trips to the bathroom at night, maybe i get up once every now and then. i also always empty my bladder. Did you take flomax in your 40's? Did that help alot?
    are you saying the scope caused you to get the turp or getting a turp was inevitable anyway due to the size?
    do you think steroids testosterone caused you to get bph or was it in your genes/ family?

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dyna View Post
    DHN is a weak androgen whereas deca is a very strong androgen if it doesnt convert to dhn. , since it always converts to DHN, deca is considered " a weak androgen ". That said, i read small amounts of deca combined with proscar seem to be fine. I will do some digging and get you some more info.
    i am in my late 40's and my prostate is 30 grams. I am worried that my prostate is giving me trouble. No trips to the bathroom at night, maybe i get up once every now and then. i also always empty my bladder. Did you take flomax in your 40's? Did that help alot?
    are you saying the scope caused you to get the turp or getting a turp was inevitable anyway due to the size?
    do you think steroids testosterone caused you to get bph or was it in your genes/ family?
    Any additional info on taking deca and proscar together is appreciated. About Flomax, I had side effects so wasn't able to take it. From what i hear, for some people it works very well. For me, the turp was going to happen anyway. The scope just was the factor that caused a lot of bleeding, so the turp had to be done on an emergency basis.