Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Deit Help had trainer build (not sure it makes sense but I'm still learning)

Rep Points

Deit Help had trainer build (not sure it makes sense but I'm still learning)

Ok here goes would like some advice from some of the brothers that have been doing this a long time. I am still learning how to eat in order to loose bf% and maintain muscle mass that I have put on. I have been constantly accused of eating to little but I have still grown 30lbs plus on past 2 cycles. Long story short I'm finally seeking the help from a certified trainer but the diet he has me on scares me to death I am afraid I'm gonna get fat. BTW when I was younger was very fat hence the fear of returning to that. Keep in mind this is only the nutrional side I am getting help with my training is fine lifting for past 8years. Stats are as follows I am: 36yrs/210lbs/18%BF training 5-6 times a week just got off a cycle and finishing PCT next week. Here is the meal plan its 3 different days with different macro's. My training consist of lifting and 20mins cardio after example would be Friday legs/abs and 20 mins cardio intervals about 1 1/2 hrs on average.

Non training days (two of these a week)
    3250 cals
    30g carbs
    210g protien
    250g fats

Heavy training day (2-3 a week legs/back/maybe arms)
    3950 cals
    810g carbs
    175g protien
    30g fats

Med training days (most likely to run more than heavy days)
    3600 cals
    390g carbs
    195g protien
    140g fats

I have never eaten this much usually around 2000cal per day and was doing 80-100 carbs/200-250 protien/50-80 fats I just wanted to get some advice to me this seems like something I would run for clean bulking but like I said I am still learning I was under the impression I knew way more about diet than I really do after talking to others and reading. Any help or advice is much appreciated and thanks for the help.

Rep Points

Non training days are Thursday and Sunday (during football season) if that makes a difference.

Rep Points

I probably know less than you, but this diet looks insane. That's a cutting diet? 810g carbs on training days? I just don't buy it. I'll be interested to hear what the more experienced people have to say.

Rep Points

Yeah my gut was telling me this guy didn't know what he was talking about. I talked to a rep through PM's he basically told me the same thing but would love to hear from others. I would like to know how bad this advice really is before I talk to the trainer again.

Rep Points

What is the trainer's reputation. Does he get results? Have you talked with anyone else that he has trained? You should be sure that the trainer is a good match for you BEFORE you hire him. However, once you do -- follow what he says to a tee. Do no deviate even the slightest bit. This is what you're paying him for. His job is to make sure you get results. Your job is to do 100% what he asks. That is not to say you shouldn't ask questions and have a give and take dialog about your training. Just that once you both commit to the plan -- commit to implementing it as well.

Rep Points

Understandalbe and I am talking with him today he's only helping me with diet nothing else. I only know him from the past few years in the gym talking about different things he would ask me what I was on or your looking bigger. I never really seen any of his clients don't pay much attention but would pick his brain from time to time about different cardio routines after lifting. This guy is in no way a body builder I am much bigger than he is. Just wanted to pick his brain for nutrional help so I asked him after my last cycle if he would help me loose BF% and this is what he came up with. I don't ever and have never eatin this many cals in a day and don't understand how I can loose BF% eating WAY over maintance cals hence my concern. Just looking for advice before I talk with him again I want results I know how to grow I don't know how to cut. I guess what I'm looking for is will this work or am I gonna loose an entire month eating wrong. Thanks guys for all the input any knowledge I gain is great.

Rep Points

Simply put, if you are eating over maintenance, you will gain weight and therefore body fat. You have to eat under maintenance to lose weight/fat.

Edit: gear usage changes everything.

Rep Points

Agreed, no gear now just got off and it sucks lol.

Rep Points

What is your maintenance cals?

Rep Points

Unless my math is off 35yrs/5' 10"/210/18%bf It would be 2749ish so I should be around 2100-2200 cutting. 3000-4000cals on the plan he has me eating will fatten me up bigtime I didnt eat more than 3200 bulking my 1st time on test. I looked at his sheet again and he has my maintance cals at 3700 don't know where that came from mistake maybe not sure. What % macro's do you guys run to cut I would keep carbs lower on non training days and higher on training days most coming breakfast/preworkout/postworkout so 3 of 5 meals with carbs 2 with minimum carbs. Any of this sound correct?

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by country1911 View Post
    Simply put, if you are eating over maintenance, you will gain weight and therefore body fat. You have to eat under maintenance to lose weight/fat.
    "Simply put...

You will gain weight and therefore body fat", as Country stated if you overeat.

Quote Originally Posted by country1911 View Post
    Edit: gear usage changes everything.
    Carte Blanche

However, it doesn't allow anyone to consume as many calories as you like.

Kenny Croxdale

Rep Points

I talked with him last night he figures my maitance cals way differently showed him numerous calculators online and we are 1000 cals off from his figure. Needless to say he asked me to try this out for 2 weeks and see how it goes I am not getting enough according to him an thus storing more. Overall he thinks the will cause ketosis eating this way but make no sense to me I thought that was low carb and refeed days. I guess at this point what Macro's would you guys run to cut BF% and maintain th muscle I put on. I did put on a good lean 15lbs of muscle over the past 12 weeks but also 3% BF. Like I said growing is not an issue for me at I did this last run eating 2500-3000cals per day put on 30lbs kept 20lbs very clean diet of course but cutting is always an issue maybe I use to few carbs. Thanks everyone for the input learning more everyday about diet.