Cemproducts.com

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Why do I still bloat?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rep Points

Why do I still bloat?

I use testosterone and my E2 levels go up. Yes, I bloat, but then I use an AI like letrozole. Enough to bring my E2 levels down to 30 and yet! I still remain bloated. WTF?! What is going on?

It's not diet or exercise. I showed my diet to many bodybuilders and they all agree it's a good diet and a diet that even they would be SUPER RIPPED on. Why not me?

Even one time that I was using Tren and winstrol. I got leaned out, but still looked a little soft and also bloated around the midsection. And yes! once again, diet was spot on!

Rep Points

I'm currently on:

test-c: 250mg per week
    tren-e: 600mg per week
    tren-a: 150mg per week
    mast-p: 150mg per week
    adex: 0.3mg per day

Low sodium diet. Moderate carbs (300gm). I'm also retaining water. It is especially apparent at night. Even recently added an otc diuretic and still not much help.

A year or so ago I was working with a well respected contest prep coach (I'm not a bb'er, but really wanted to get lean). Anyway, we did a 16 week program. The compounds that I was using were all supposedly "dry". My diet was cyclical keto (well very low carb / high pro). All of his modifications were based solely on photos. I did indeed get lean, but the last six weeks seemed to produce very slow results. We were both dumbfounded why I was not getting ripped.

When the cycled ended I went back to a TRT dose of test. Within two weeks I dropped 8 pounds and was leaner than ever. This is with a slight increase in calories and slowly reducing the cardio down from 1.5 hrs per day to 30 min. At the end we were both convinced that my body was retaining a lot of subcutaneous water.

Bottom line - some of us are unfortunate retain water on any strong androgen. I know it sucks. If anyone has any other ideas I'm open to suggestions.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by jrock00123 View Post
    I'm currently on:

test-c: 250mg per week
    tren-e: 600mg per week
    tren-a: 150mg per week
    mast-p: 150mg per week
    adex: 0.3mg per day

Low sodium diet. Moderate carbs (300gm). I'm also retaining water. It is especially apparent at night. Even recently added an otc diuretic and still not much help.

A year or so ago I was working with a well respected contest prep coach (I'm not a bb'er, but really wanted to get lean). Anyway, we did a 16 week program. The compounds that I was using were all supposedly "dry". My diet was cyclical keto (well very low carb / high pro). All of his modifications were based solely on photos. I did indeed get lean, but the last six weeks seemed to produce very slow results. We were both dumbfounded why I was not getting ripped.

When the cycled ended I went back to a TRT dose of test. Within two weeks I dropped 8 pounds and was leaner than ever. This is with a slight increase in calories and slowly reducing the cardio down from 1.5 hrs per day to 30 min. At the end we were both convinced that my body was retaining a lot of subcutaneous water.

Bottom line - some of us are unfortunate retain water on any strong androgen. I know it sucks. If anyone has any other ideas I'm open to suggestions.

Bro! Me too! I too also notice more of the water weight towards the evening. Why??? That's so strange. I wake up in the morning and Im leaner. Once 5pm sets in, the water weight packs on and on until I go to bed (11pm).

Rep Points

I will post my full diet tomorrow. Let's compare and see if anything sticks out. I'm hoping it's dietary, but fear it's genetic.

Shock and Awe
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

I also hold water when most people wouldn't....just got to deal with it with a diuretic for the show....accept it for the rest of the time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BOARD REP

Rep Points

I'm naturally a camel so I can relate (also a chick so can't relate in some ways)

there was one time I should have been but i wasn't but wont share that story in "public"

"got her saved on my phone under big booty"

Rep Points

First of all, testosterone can cause some water retention even when E-2 levels are controlled. It does this by altering your electrolyte balance. Some people experience more water retention than others.

Also, I am beginning to wonder if your problem is simply a combination of bodyfat and digestive issues. Why? You claim that you were still "soft" when using tren & winstrol. Well guess what? you're still foing tpo be soft no matter what you use when your BF% is too high. All the tren & winstrol in the world won't make you hard & dry when you're carrying too much fat. Two, you specifuially state that ypu are "bloated around the midsection". Steroids do not cause water to be held in the stomach to the exclusion of other areas of the body. If you are going to hold water from AAS, it will be all over your body...not just your stomach. Three, when people refer to boating, they are usually referring to excess gas and possibly water retention in the digestive tract.

There are a 100 reasons why you could be holding water. You say your diet is not the problem, but many people have food alergies of one kind or another which can cause this problem. As an example, look how many people have a gluten intolerance these days (which can cause severe water retention in some people). It is impossible for anone here, base don the information provided, to conclusively point the finger at any one thing. The fact you are continually experiencing water retention (or bloat, not sure if you understand the difference), regardless of what drugs you use, is indicative of a non-steroid related cause. However, some people do experience digestive issues from orals.
    IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Mike15

BlackstoneLabs 10% Discount Code: Mike10

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Why are you using letro for E2 control. A better choice is adex or asin. Plus take 50mg proviron a day and you'll start to get nice and vascular in about a week to ten days.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Blood test

Crimson Rep
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

there also is no one diet that is good, if you have a "bodybuilder" build a diet based on what works for him you will fail everytime. This is where hiring a good coach or nutritionist is key if you are failing on your own. They have the experience and knowledge to shift meals around and understand how to change your diet based on how your body functions. You talk to the average BB he will say just cut carbs or just eat more. I when I stopped losing fat last week I added more carbs in the AM, added 30 more carbs from 8am to noon and that helped me allot.

Also how much cardio do you do? You say your not having E2 issues what is your levels at and when was the last time you go blood work done, for all you know your stuff can be bunk too,.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by jay_steel View Post
    there also is no one diet that is good, if you have a "bodybuilder" build a diet based on what works for him you will fail everytime. This is where hiring a good coach or nutritionist is key if you are failing on your own. They have the experience and knowledge to shift meals around and understand how to change your diet based on how your body functions. You talk to the average BB he will say just cut carbs or just eat more. I when I stopped losing fat last week I added more carbs in the AM, added 30 more carbs from 8am to noon and that helped me allot.

Also how much cardio do you do? You say your not having E2 issues what is your levels at and when was the last time you go blood work done, for all you know your stuff can be bunk too,.
    Let's put it like this. I was able to get E2 down to 31 and I was still bloated. Odd, huh?

Rep Points

In my case, I'm beginning to think it's dietary. I notice that I start to bloat after my post-workout meal at approx 5:30pm -- 3 cups cheerios, 1 scoop why isolate, almond milk. It gets worse after dinner (6:30pm). I eat one more meal at 8:30pm. By the time I go to bed I look pregnant.

My first experiment is to start taking digestive enzymes, betaine hcl, and apple cider vinegar caps. I went with NOW brand and got all three relatively cheap. I may simply be having trouble digesting all my meals.

If this does not work (I'll try for one week), I'm going to eliminate diary and protein powders. I'm already gluten free.

Not sure if this help you, but figured I'd share what my ideas.

Crimson Rep
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nyde View Post
    Let's put it like this. I was able to get E2 down to 31 and I was still bloated. Odd, huh?
    no i would consult a veteran contest prep trainer for dieting. its $$ at times but worth it, Standard Donkey hired Shelby Starnes and walked out SHREDDED. 99% of people dont know how to do diets for other people. It could be many reason, fat content, carb intake. Genetics.

I look full and bloated a bit at 8%bf in the evening in the morning my waist is 29 inches with veins.

Team Supervisor
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Are your running any HCG at the moment? I asks this because sometimes HCG can have unintended consequences, such as spikes with your E2 that can NOT be controlled with any AI..Edema is one side effect of HCG, keep that in mind.. Also have you considered adding t3/t4?

I noticed how you stressed your diet is dialed in.. Keep in mind you could also have some food allergy of some sort.. what works for others my not entirely be for for you..Just putting this out there..

I also suggest getting some bloods, see where your thyroid is...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by jrock00123 View Post
    In my case, I'm beginning to think it's dietary. I notice that I start to bloat after my post-workout meal at approx 5:30pm -- 3 cups cheerios, 1 scoop why isolate, almond milk. It gets worse after dinner (6:30pm). I eat one more meal at 8:30pm. By the time I go to bed I look pregnant.

My first experiment is to start taking digestive enzymes, betaine hcl, and apple cider vinegar caps. I went with NOW brand and got all three relatively cheap. I may simply be having trouble digesting all my meals.

If this does not work (I'll try for one week), I'm going to eliminate diary and protein powders. I'm already gluten free.

Not sure if this help you, but figured I'd share what my ideas.
    I was having the same problems as you. The whole pregnant look going on. I cut out ALL dairy, stopped drinking protein powders (I just EAT my meal or blend them and drink them), and eased up a bit off the nuts.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    Are your running any HCG at the moment? I asks this because sometimes HCG can have unintended consequences, such as spikes with your E2 that can NOT be controlled with any AI..Edema is one side effect of HCG, keep that in mind.. Also have you considered adding t3/t4?

I noticed how you stressed your diet is dialed in.. Keep in mind you could also have some food allergy of some sort.. what works for others my not entirely be for for you..Just putting this out there..

I don't use HCG. And yes, I do bloat when I use HCG, even if I use an AI.

Thyroid? Thyroid is optimal because I take T3 for life. LOL

Team Supervisor
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

I was having the same problems as you. The whole pregnant look going on. I cut out ALL dairy, stopped drinking protein powders (I just EAT my meal or blend them and drink them), and eased up a bit off the nuts.
    Have you ever considered adding probiotics/acidophilus sups to your diet? It's great for combating abdominal bloat...It helps to balance out the friendly "good" bacteria in your digestive track...just a suggestion

Team Supervisor
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post

this very well could be the factor here

Crimson Rep
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

no wonder why your looking like a marshmellow T3 for life lol. I dont mess with that stuff except for prep.

Rep Points

I took the t3 comment as it being prescribed by a doctor. If this is the case I'm sure he runs regular blood work to ensure optimal levels.

Rep Points

OTOH, I'm also on a low dose of Armour thyroid. My understanding that tren typically lowers thyroid. Perhaps supplementing with t3/4 is causing some strange effects.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by jay_steel View Post
    no wonder why your looking like a marshmellow T3 for life lol. I dont mess with that stuff except for prep.
    I take T3 and only T3. Get blood work done just 3 times a year and it's always over the range for both Total T3 and Free T3. I tried adding more one time, up to 125mcg per day and it made no difference in bloat. Just made me more weaker and tired more often.

BEEFCAKE
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Are you talking stomach bloat? Or overall water retention?

Other things that I'd normally suggest to explore have been mentioned:
    - digestive enzymes
    - probiotics
    - What is your fiber intake? Any daily fiber supplement?
    - You mentioned you're already gluten free- is this completely true, or some gluten sneaking in there somewhere?
    - Dairy? I'd try dumping all dairy for a few weeks at least & see if that makes a difference. Also look at the content of your protein supplements.

Thinking of some other things where the duration may be affecting things:
    - running tren too long will make you bloat.
    - are you using GH? Can affect insulin sensitivity.

All posts are for entertainment. Consult a doctor before using any medication.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    Are you talking stomach bloat? Or overall water retention?

Other things that I'd normally suggest to explore have been mentioned:
    - digestive enzymes
    - probiotics
    - What is your fiber intake? Any daily fiber supplement?
    - You mentioned you're already gluten free- is this completely true, or some gluten sneaking in there somewhere?
    - Dairy? I'd try dumping all dairy for a few weeks at least & see if that makes a difference. Also look at the content of your protein supplements.

Thinking of some other things where the duration may be affecting things:
    - running tren too long will make you bloat.
    - are you using GH? Can affect insulin sensitivity.
    Water bloat, mostly in the midsection. Not taking GH or Insulin. I always had this water bloat especially in the gut since I was like 6 years old. lol Mind you i'm 37 now.

BEEFCAKE
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Water bloat, mostly in the midsection. Not taking GH or Insulin. I always had this water bloat especially in the gut since I was like 6 years old. lol Mind you i'm 37 now.
    I would almost think this is a food allergy if you wanted to dig into that. Have you ever explicitly cut out dairy or any other potential allergy-food that you've eaten your whole life?

All posts are for entertainment. Consult a doctor before using any medication.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Could very well be a food allergy or just genetics. I went through this with someone who works in at my gym, and I did all I could to help him. At the end of the day, dumb ass was getting all his AIs from a research chem site. Hooked him up with some pharm grade aromasin....problem solved. You sure your AIs are legit??

/V
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

RIP Mikhail Caldwell - aka "supermansdaddy" & "GMO" aka Glenn

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    I would almost think this is a food allergy if you wanted to dig into that. Have you ever explicitly cut out dairy or any other potential allergy-food that you've eaten your whole life?
    Yes, all dairy is cut out.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by VictorZ06 View Post
    Could very well be a food allergy or just genetics. I went through this with someone who works in at my gym, and I did all I could to help him. At the end of the day, dumb ass was getting all his AIs from a research chem site. Hooked him up with some pharm grade aromasin....problem solved. You sure your AIs are legit??

/V
    Yes sir. All 100% pharm grade. AI's are the ONLY thing I can still get that are not UG crap.

Rep Points

I'm thinking some type of food allergy or sensitivity. You would be surprised by what you could be reacting to. It definitely sounds like some type of inflammatory response.
    My wife had very high sensitivity to egg whites and pineapples. She ellimited them and her skin and body comp improved. How is your skin Btw? Do you notice any changes through out the day? I. E. Redness, itchy, red dots?
    Aas can cause inflammatory responses. Just the act of injecting causes an immune response. How often are you pinning? All that being said, probiotics and digestive enzymes can help a lot and don't skimp on quality in that department.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjim5 View Post
    I'm thinking some type of food allergy or sensitivity. You would be surprised by what you could be reacting to. It definitely sounds like some type of inflammatory response.
    My wife had very high sensitivity to egg whites and pineapples. She ellimited them and her skin and body comp improved. How is your skin Btw? Do you notice any changes through out the day? I. E. Redness, itchy, red dots?
    Aas can cause inflammatory responses. Just the act of injecting causes an immune response. How often are you pinning? All that being said, probiotics and digestive enzymes can help a lot and don't skimp on quality in that department.

No skin issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast