NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

personal trainer woes and questions

Rep Points

personal trainer woes and questions

where I live there are 3 gyms, all pretty small. I recently switched in hopes to find a personal trainer at the new one, as the two available at my previous gym are retarded. I spoke to the owner,talked about where I'm at and my goals. he couldn't recommend any of his 3 trainers for my goals. saw two of them and although I'm not big, they are substantially smaller than me, which brings me to my next deal.

Am I wrong with not trusting someone who is less muscular than me? My theory is if they know all this shit than why aren't they big, because they don't specialize in mass, or are lazy, unknowable ect.

I'm not sure where to go from here. my biggest issue and always has been is designing a quality program. Id like one that is a cookie cutter one size fits all. all the reading I do doesn't set in. I am considering an online trainer, but what am I getting from that. I came across PJ Brauns site. can't afford his $1700 deal, and I don't think that's really what I need right now. But He has two $300 packages that may fit into what I want.

Anyone have any experience with his or another reputable trainer?
    I don't always punch babies, but when I do they had it coming

BOARD REP

Rep Points

I am currently logging my experience/results working with EliteBodyTuneup (online diet/training/supplement protocols/etc)
    Check out my log on here:
    http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/aa...-diet-log.html
    ..and see if it's a possibility for you......I've loved every minute of it so far, feel free to PM me brother or comment on the log if you want to talk further about it.

And I do agree with you about the importance of having a coach/trainer when you have certain goals trying to be reached, I hope everything works out for ya big man

Rep Points

looks legit as fuck. nice gains bro

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by tl0311 View Post
    Am I wrong with not trusting someone who is less muscular than me? My theory is if they know all this shit than why aren't they big, because they don't specialize in mass, or are lazy, unknowable ect.
    "Don't judge a book by it's cover."

Based on you thinking on this issue, Vince Lombardi would never have be considered as a coach.

Without knowing more it hard to say if these trainer know anything or not.

Kenny Croxdale

Rep Points

I get what your saying, but most these dudes are really young and watching what they do and say, even from my limited knowledge I know is wrong. I know there's some coaches out there that look like they never lifted a day in their lives, but know the game to a T.

I'm trying to take it to the next level and I need a trainer that will get me there

Rep Points

Bro I get what your saying I recently had a trainer set up a diet for me to cut some BF% after my last 12week cycle. Great guy but much much smaller than myself my lean body mass is more that this guy weights lol. The plan he put me on seemed off it had me eating way more than I was use to and in my mind no way this would work but after talking with him numerous times voicing my concerns and agreeing to follow this for 2 weeks min to see what he was trying to do well I was wrong. I went from 212lbs to 206lbs and lost 1% BF and makes no sense to me how this worked but this guy knows something I didn't. Talk with a few traininers let them know your goals see what each one advise you to do go from there. I believe my issue was much like yours how can a guy that is smaller than me know more than I do but you have to get over that and trust in a system. Keep in mind most of these guys are younger and have never done any gear either so we have a leg up on them training longer and lil supplemental help from time to time. Hope this helps in some way its all trail and error any knowledge your can gain only helps you in the quest to reach your goal.

Rep Points

Don't discredit anyone by visuals. Look into someone with a degree a supposed to just a certification. That said, I know some morons in college, and some brilliant folks with just a cert.
    The biggest reason I recommend the university thing is because of the depth and variety of the education. This makes it more likely the person can help you overcome a plateau because they'll understand (hopefully) the physiology of exercise.

Actually, look into the local schools to find out if they have an exercise science program. A lot of times the students are available to use you as a project, and most schools with an ExS program have fun shit like hydrostatic scales, metabolic carts, and hyperbaric chambers to bump your o2 levels.

Rep Points

The consensus seams to be to stick to the face to face. Ill have to swallow my pride, and have some conversations with the trainers at the new gym.

Rep Points

Yeah feels kinda strange going up and asking for help/advice from a smaller guy but no shame man any knowledge you gain can only help you get where you want to be.

Rep Points

yeah just watched a little video about dallas mccarver(know he's disliked not sure why) but his trainer is an old dude who you would never guess knows the shit he does

Rep Points

I get where you're coming from and you're entitled to your opinion, but as the previous poster said, don't judge a book by its cover. There are a number of world renowned trainers that are in terrible shape themselves. Perhaps they are lazy. Perhaps they simply have other priorities. Perhaps they have a health condition that precludes them from maintaining a solid routine.

I've been a professional dog trainer for a number of years and I'm damn good at it. I have spent vast amounts of time with my oldest dog training her and her level of obedience reflects that. I can take her through a crowded park on a Saturday afternoon off leash in a heel and she won;t so much as sniff another dog. However, I also have 6 other dogs and the level of training exhibited by them varies greatly. Successful dog training - much like training in the gym - takes time. When you have 7 dogs, a wife, kids, a FT job, a second PT job, a dedication to fitness ... There simply isn't time for everything. As a result, I have not spent the time training the other dogs to the level of my eldest. So again, don't judge a book by it's cover; you may miss out on someone who can take you to the next level.

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Look for a person with a good reputation for producing results. Degrees, certs, and even a good Physique mean less than shit. A person can have great genetics and terrible knowledge. A person can have knowledge, but no understand of application and implementation. Reputation is the only useful way to predict the success you will have with a trainer.
    Fucking Determined!

.45 ACP rules!

Rep Points

Just because a trainer knows his stuff doesn't mean he knows how to apply it to himself. If that were the case the best boxers in the world would be the trainers.
    If gunners were as violent as anti-gunners believe, logically there wouldn't be any anti-gunners left.

Team RamRod
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    Look for a person with a good reputation for producing results. Degrees, certs, and even a good Physique mean less than shit. A person can have great genetics and terrible knowledge. A person can have knowledge, but no understand of application and implementation. Reputation is the only useful way to predict the success you will have with a trainer.

That's pretty much the best way to find a good coach, going by his reputation. Look at his previous clients to and see what he helped do for them.

Rep Points

Ya I'm still striking out. The plan I'm running now will last me a while. I'm thinking about trying pj braun. $300 has had some good reviews. I need to be realistic in that I am not going to find the world's greatest trainer where I live or especially on line

Rep Points

just look online for any routine that suits your expectations and go with it. no matter wat you do if you do your best you will get your results