IronMagLabs Osta Rx

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Man Throws 3-Year-Old Son, Himself off 52 story NYC Roof

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Man Throws 3-Year-Old Son, Himself off 52 story NYC Roof

Facebook

Svetlana Bukharina, Dmitriy Kanarikov and their son, Kirill, were once a happy family.

A distraught dad threw himself and his 3-year-old son off the roof of a 52-story West Side skyscraper Sunday in a holiday death plunge that apparently stemmed from a custody battle, police said.
    The 35-year-old man, Dmitriy Kanarikov, died after jumping from the Lincoln Square tower at 12:05 p.m. The red-haired tot, Kirill, dressed in Christmas pajamas, died moments later at St. Luke?s-Roosevelt Hospital, cops said.
    Facebook

Authorites are investiagted what possesed Dmitriy Kanarikov to toss his son Kirill off a 52-story balcony.

The shocking tragedy came just three months after Kanarikov, an immigrant from Ukraine, wrote on his Facebook page how he aspired to be an outstanding parent and spouse.
    ?I want to be the best dad and husband ? nothing is more important to me right now,? Kanarikov wrote.
    Andrew Savulich

A distraught 35-year-old man threw his toddler off the roof of a 52-story Manhattan building and then jumped to his death Sunday, according to a police source.

His estranged wife, Svetlana Bukharina, boasted on her Facebook page in March, ?I have the best husband and son in the world.?
    But apparently their home life imploded in recent months.
    Andrew Savulich/New York Daily News

A woman on a balcony looks down at the crime scene in Midtown Sunday afternoon.

Kanarikov and Bukharina split, and the cherished time he had with Kirill was curbed by a custody fight.

Investigators gather at the Midtown high-rise where a 35-year-old man threw his little son off the roof and jumped to his death Sunday.

Their breakup was so fraught with anger that they had to meet in a public place ? the NYPD?s 17th Precinct stationhouse ? to drop off and pick up their son, a source said.
    Kanarikov picked up Kirill at 10 a.m. Sunday at the designated precinct and was to return him there at 1 p.m., the source said.
    Andrew Savulich/ New York Daily News

Detectives in a crime scene van at 124 W60 St., Manhattan, after a 35-year-old man threw his toddler from the roof of the high-rise Sunday.

?This is a private matter for my family and my friends,? Bukharina told the Daily News when reached on her cell phone at the 20th Precinct stationhouse.
    Cops said the bodies landed on the roofs of two different buildings neighboring the South Park Tower at 124 W. 60th St., where Kanarikov tossed his son and jumped to his death.

Andrew Savulich / New York Daily News

A body is removed after a man and his 3-year-old son reportedly fell from the roof of a high rise at 124 W60 St., Manhattan.

The father?s body was found on the roof of a low-rise building at 425 W. 59th St. while the son?s landed atop a four-story building at 445 W. 59th St., police said.
    RELATED: MOM THROWS YONKERS TWINS TO SAFETY AFTER FIRE
    Google

The 52-story building at 124 W. 60th St., where a man threw his little son off the rooftop before jumping to his death.

It remained unclear Sunday night why Kanarikov, who lived in Brooklyn, went to the luxury high-rise, where apartments rent for $3,300 to $6,350, to end his and his son?s lives.
    Kanarikov worked as a lead systems analyst for TIAA-CREF, a Manhattan-based financial services company, according to his LinkedIn page.
    Jeff Bachner for New York Daily News

Dmitriy Kanarikov lived in this home in Mill Basin, Brooklyn. Neighbors say he lived on the top floor.

His only connection to the building is that he had a friend who once lived there, a police source said.
    ?He goes into the building with the child. Then, we believe to the roof, based on a witness,? the source told The News. ?It would appear that he dropped the child and jumped afterward.
    Facebook

Dmitriy Kanarikov holds Svetlana Bukharina, in happier days. The couple fell out and were locked in a child custody battle.

One witness told cops of seeing father and son fall past the window of a 29th-floor apartment and others described hearing the sickening thuds of the bodies hitting the rooftops below.
    ?I heard a boom!? said Adam Gutierrez, who works in the emergency room at the nearby hospital. ?The way it sounded, they must?ve jumped from high up.?
    Facebook

Svetlana Bukharina boasted on her Facebook page in March, 'I have the best husband and son in the world.'

RELATED: SEE IT: SECURITY GUARD DIVES TO SAVE FALLING BABY
    Luis Ortiz, a maintenance worker, said he was in the emergency room at St. Luke?s-Roosevelt Hospital when little Kirill was wheeled in.
    Facebook

Three-year-old Kirill Kanarikov's short life ended Sunday when he was thrown off the roof of the Lincoln Square skyscraperby his distraught father.

?The little boy had Christmas pajamas on,? Ortiz told The News. ?They were working on him, but nothing. You could tell that he was already slipping away.?
    He said the tragedy, just three days before Christmas, was heartbreaking.
    Facebook

The Kanarikovs when they were a young, happy family.

?Being a parent to two kids myself, my heart goes out to his family,? Ortiz said. ?You gotta take care of your children when they?re here.?
    While it was unclear what triggered the deadly incident, records show Kanarikov and Bukharina had a recent spat over custody of Kirill.
    Dmitriy Kanarikov and Svetlana Bukharina with their son, Kirill. The couple's breakup was so fraught with anger that they had to meet in the NYPD?s 17th Precinct Stationhouse to drop off and pick up their son, a source said.

A source revealed that one of the parents complained that the other failed to return their son to her within his allotted time period.
    RELATED: AUTHOR FROM BROOKLYN COMMITS SUICIDE: REPORT
    Digital2

The body of Kirill Kanarikov, which landed on the roof of a four-story building, is removed on gurney from apartment house at 124 West 60th St.

Kanarikov?s Facebook page is full of photos of his once-happy family.
    Pictures showed the parents doting over their boy on family outings at the beach.
    Alex Rud

Detectives on the scene at 124 W 60th St. in Manhattan, where a man threw his toddler and himself off the roof to their deaths.

One poignant photo shows three footprints in the sand ? those of two adults flanking the footprint of a child.
    But tenants at the South Park Tower could not fathom a single justifiable reason for any father to take his child?s life.
    Norman Y. Lono for New York Daily News

An officer examines the area near a rooftop after Sunday's murder-suicide.

?You see people and they have a face like yours and mine, it doesn?t tell you a story,? said Ellie Adiel. ?It?s shattering to think someone could go that far; that it has to be that bad.?
    At least four uniformed police officers and a detective could be seen canvasing residents in the lobby of the building ? which was the tallest tower on the Upper West Side when it was built in 1986.
    Norman Y. Lono/for New York Daily News

Police at the scene Sunday at W. 59th St. building (r.) where Dmitriy Kanarikov tossed son Kirill to his death, then took his own life. Kirill had been in the middle of a nasty custody dispute between his estranged parents (r.).

?This is shocking,? said Joydep Ghosh, who?s lived in the building for about seven years. ?The neighbors are very good people. I?ve never had any problem at all. There are a lot of kids, a lot of dogs.?
    With Chelsia Rose Marcius and Reuven Blau
    Alex Rud

Detectives are on the scene at 124 W 60th st in Manhattan, where a man jumped from a (undetermined at this time) floor killing himself and his child

A 35-year-old man threw his young son off the roof of a high-rise and then jumped to his death at 124 West 60 St., Manhattan, Sunday.

An adult and child reportedly fell from the rear of a high rise apt. bldg at 124 W60 St., Manhattan. Crime scene near the bldg.

An adult and child reportedly fell from the rear of a high rise apt. bldg at 124 W60 St., Manhattan. Upset Woman on balcony looking down at crime scene.

h
    ttp://www.SteelGear.net
    - No minimum order
    - Express delivery option
    - Flexible discount on bulk orders
    http://SteelGear.net/usa-domestic
    - USA Domestic
    - No Customs related issues

BOARD REP

Rep Points

sick mother fkr

YOU ME WE
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Man, that's messed up!

You should'a taken svetlana's behind and thrown her off that tall ass building!

That poor kid never had a chance.

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Ten bucks says that she was having a fun time being a bitch through the divorce. You know, teaching him a lesson and all that. I've seen it time and time again. The woman is a total, raging bitch because her feeling were hurt. And because the courts facilitate it.

I wonder if she still feels like she's winning?

Don't get me wrong, the guy is fucked up for taking the kid with him, but everyone has a breaking point. He was shitty for doing it. She was shitty for pushing him to that point.

YOU ME WE
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by DOMS View Post
    Ten bucks says that she was having a fun time being a bitch through the divorce. You know, teaching him a lesson and all that. I've seen it time and time again. The woman is a total, raging bitch because her feeling were hurt. And because the courts facilitate it.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is fucked up for taking the kid with him, but everyone has a breaking point. He was shitty for doing it. She was shitty for pushing him to that point.
    Yeah man, you know svetlana was a bitch to make this man think this was his only recourse!

To the next guy, be very, very, wary of this woman, obviously, she's the queen of the mind fuck!

BOARD REP

Rep Points

I'm actually most sick by the idea that the baby didn't die instantly.... seriously...I wish I hadn't seen this and let morbid curiosity drive me to reading it.

This ruined my day.

"got her saved on my phone under big booty"

DRSE

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by SheriV View Post
    I'm actually most sick by the idea that the baby didn't die instantly.... seriously...I wish I hadn't seen this and let morbid curiosity drive me to reading it.

This ruined my day.
    same here

Quote Originally Posted by cube789 View Post
    bump for ichigo, dude gives me a boner everytime I open the forum

Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

she should have just shut her mouth and let the dad keep abusing them both. abusive men are the most likely to completely lose their shit when a woman leaves. custody battle pretty much means you hurt me but i'm not going to let you hurt my boy. the restraining orders tell a pretty solid story.

you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Little Wing View Post
    she should have just shut her mouth and let the dad keep abusing them both. abusive men are the most likely to completely lose their shit when a woman leaves. custody battle pretty much means you hurt me but i'm not going to let you hurt my boy. the restraining orders tell a pretty solid story.
    I may have missed it, but where in the story does it say that he was abusive?

Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

both men and women have been making the children pay the price for failed relationships since time immemorial.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

The first link says nothing about him being abusive. The second link reads, "She told cops Sunday that her husband was abusive and that they had squabbled over money, sources said." She said that after he was dead. And I'm sure that she would just make it up...

The following video sums it up well. Skip to 1:10 (but the whole stand-up routine is great).

I'm going from my experience. Whether it was the guy or girl (or both) that ended it or whether there is a little or a lot of money involved, the woman will almost always use the divorce to really put the screws to the guy because the courts favor the woman. Don't think so? I've seen a guy have to fight forever in court to get his kids away from a method with a long, and current, arrest record of drugs and other shit. If it was the guy that had that record, it would have been a slam-dunk.

Another quote from the second link, ?He was a serious guy. He didn?t smile much. But when he was with the kid, he always looked happy.? I bet she knew this and used this as her major weapon, feeling all superior and shit. A great move on her part...

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    both men and women have been making the children pay the price for failed relationships since time immemorial.
    And that's what I think happened here. The boy was the center of the man's life and he just couldn't live without him.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

IMO.. the father [so-called] is one selfish motherfu*ker. he put his petty angers before his son's life, using violence was probably normal when under stress in his family & personal relationships. Poor kid, he didn't have a chance, not with a father like that.

Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

The first link says nothing about him being abusive. The second link reads, "She told cops Sunday that her husband was abusive and that they had squabbled over money, sources said." She said that after he was dead. And I'm sure that she would just make it up...

The following video sums it up well. Skip to 1:10 (but the whole stand-up routine is great).

I'm going from my experience. Whether it was the guy or girl (or both) that ended it or whether there is a little or a lot of money involved, the woman will almost always use the divorce to really put the screws to the guy because the courts favor the woman. Don't think so? I've seen a guy have to fight forever in court to get his kids away from a method with a long, and current, arrest record of drugs and other shit. If it was the guy that had that record, it would have been a slam-dunk.

Another quote from the second link, ?He was a serious guy. He didn?t smile much. But when he was with the kid, he always looked happy.? I bet she knew this and used this as her major weapon, feeling all superior and shit. A great move on her part...
    transference?

it says she got an order of protection. not too hard to guess a guy that would throw his kid off a highrise didn't give a real fuck about the boy. he told the mother he would take the boy if he didn't get certain property he wanted... that doesn't sound like father of the year it sounds like a spiteful ass.
    Last edited by Little Wing; 12-23-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

transference?
    When I say "experience", I mean watching several other people go through this, not my own. Every single time the woman flips her bitch-switch and tries to hurt the guy as much as possible -- fiscally and through custody of th echildren..

it says she got an order of protection. not too hard to guess a guy that would throw his kid of a highrise didn't give a real fuck about the boy. he told the mother he would take the boy if he didn't get certain property he wanted... that doesn't sound like father of the year it sounds like a spiteful ass.
    Where does it say that she got a restraining order? "not too hard to guess a guy that would throw his kid of a highrise didn't give a real fuck about the boy"? He jumped, too. It was all about the kid. All or nothing. Doesn't give a fuck, my ass.

Also, if she knew he was unstable, it was a really, really bad decision to push his number one button. Who know, bad things might've happened?

ALPHA MALE
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

my mom was an
    abusive
    crackhead
    drunk
    neglectful psychopath

she was given the benefit of the doubt too many times....women always have the advantage in court....i have sat in jail over a womans lies

just saying

SHOW ME HOW RELENTLESS YOU REALLY ARE

Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

When I say "experience", I mean watching several other people go through this, not my own. Every single time the woman flips her bitch-switch and tries to hurt the guy as much as possible -- fiscally and through custody of th echildren..

Where does it say that she got a restraining order? "not too hard to guess a guy that would throw his kid of a highrise didn't give a real fuck about the boy"? He jumped, too. It was all about the kid. All or nothing. Doesn't give a fuck, my ass.

Also, if she knew he was unstable, it was a really, really bad decision to push his number one button. Who know, bad things might've happened?

in most of the stories about this it mentions she had a protection order. it's right there in the links i posted.

Kanarikov and his wife married in 2009 and lived in Brooklyn, where their son was born a year later. They separated last year, and the mother and son moved to New Jersey and got an order of protection.

Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

the man murdered his son. it's indefensible.

Rep Points

poor kid

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by SheriV View Post

This ruined my day.

That was my first thought as well. It hurts to imagine.
    Fucking Determined!

Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KILLEROFSAINTS View Post
    my mom was an
    abusive
    crackhead
    drunk
    neglectful psychopath

she was given the benefit of the doubt too many times....women always have the advantage in court....i have sat in jail over a womans lies

just saying
    no doubt a lot of that goes on both ways.

Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I'm going to look for psychology stuff about this but my gut says this is just one example of extreme temper tantrum. Women do it too.

When Fathers Kill Their Kids - The Daily Beast

In the ten months between June 2009 and April 2010, 75 children were killed by fathers involved in volatile custody battles with their former partners

i don't think this story is as much i can't live without my son as i'll show you.

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Women and men are assholes equally. But in the case, with the information we have and don't have, I don't see how it is fair to say that the woman has any responsibility in this. Hindsight seems to show that she was telling the truth. She said he was dangerous. What this guy did has proved that her intuition was correct. The guy was dangerous. I bet both the husband and wife tried really hard to make it work, but in the end, it seems that the father was too emotionally unstable to be a family man.

Terrible fucking tragedy. Not so much for the husband, but for the mother who lost her child in the most horrific way imaginable.
    Fucking Determined!

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I'm going to look for psychology stuff about this but my gut says this is just one example of extreme temper tantrum. Women do it too.

When Fathers Kill Their Kids - The Daily Beast

In the ten months between June 2009 and April 2010, 75 children were killed by fathers involved in volatile custody battles with their former partners

i don't think this story is as much i can't live without my son as i'll show you.
    When it comes to killing their kids, women win.

Rep Points

There's no way to say this guy's actions were "all about the kid" if he threw him off of a building. It was all about him. I'm just speculating here, but I'm guessing his ex was threatening to take his son away from him, possibly move back to europe after she was a horribly shitty person to him during the split. I've gone through a couple of custody hearings now with a very difficult ex, and it's never even crossed my mind to harm my daughter, but your mind can fuck with you and make you think doing something awful is the only thing to do. The only thing I can think is that the guy was loaded on something (alcohol most likely being from where they're from), and he didn't understand the depth of what he did.

It's just tragic and horrible and I feel bad for the whole family and the people that saw it. Can you imagine seeing something falling past your window, running to see what it was, and seeing a toddler bleeding out of its head on a rooftop? Thefuk?

Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

When it comes to killing their kids, women win.
    Women are 3 times more likely to abuse their biological children too. Kinda wonder if that figure is so much higher due to so many women being single moms but it's still way fucked up.

Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

if her comments are true he clearly did this to hurt the mother. he allegedly told her that if she didn't give him the house he would take the boy and she would shoot herself from grief.

Mom of boy, 3, thrown from roof of Manhattan high-rise calls it husband

http://www.newser.com/story/179640/m...the-house.html

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Women are 3 times more likely to abuse their biological children too. Kinda wonder if that figure is so much higher due to so many women being single moms but it's still way fucked up.
    men also don't suffer from postpartum depression, it's not a level biological playing field when comparing them.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

i've been really busy but the stuff i did get a chance to look at mentions depression more as a factor for both parties. often times men feel the have failed as a breadwinner or with women they feel they are saving their kids... ending misery. from the outside they looked like a beautiful little family. one of the most fuckedupped stories of this holiday season. no doubt their are countless others we will never hear about.