Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by HFO3 View Post
    That's awesome mid 40's 5'8" and 235ish and sub 10% BF you're a bad ass, c'mon with the pics s2h!
    i have a beginning pic but wont post it tell the end pic is ready....i have some very identifiable marks that need to be shaded or covered..i will reach out to HI for that help...cause i suck at that kinda stuff...he has seen me along with a few others on here...i like to stay on the low down for certain reasons...

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

today i hit delts and traps...trained with a client how i do his diet..his training has been sub par imo so we train together 1-2 times a month..it was brutual...super sets..giant sets...and one heavy comp movement in there..very taxing at 30 min tops...

big lift was hammer strength shoulder press
    5x45lb plates es with 5lb spacers for 7 reps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Like how you vary your food choices. I try and do the same but my macros per meal are almost all different. Ever use myfitnesspal.com? I take my friends meals and alter it to what I need. Also do you ever vary macros as long as calories remain the same? For instance tonight I may get a five guys burger and fries. Will be 30g too much fat for thr day which is about 270cals. Considering today is a day off and lower carbs to restore sensitivity I will lower carbs about 70g to make calories about even. I think more people that have been doing this longer know that doing this stuff is great mentally and physically.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Originally Posted by bushmaster
    Like how you vary your food choices. I try and do the same but my macros per meal are almost all different. Ever use myfitnesspal.com? I take my friends meals and alter it to what I need. Also do you ever vary macros as long as calories remain the same? For instance tonight I may get a five guys burger and fries. Will be 30g too much fat for thr day which is about 270cals. Considering today is a day off and lower carbs to restore sensitivity I will lower carbs about 70g to make calories about even. I think more people that have been doing this longer know that doing this stuff is great mentally and physically.

i have a note pad with the macros for all kinds of food on it..yes it is a very old method of doing it..but i have 100's of different types of food on there..i also use swole.me to find macros for different foods i may not have in the notebook(this is a handwritten book not pc notebook)if i'm out i use that to calculate things i may not know what the macros are..a lot of things i know just by memory also...on work days i take all my meals pre weighed and made...i actually have a dixie cup with a line on it for when i have nuts in that meal..i just scoop out the amount to the line..

call it ancient but it works for me and i like the method even thou its not very efficient at times..

i will do what you stated Bush when i mix things up..right now its 6 straight meals with the exact same macros per meal(1 open cheat once a week on top of the regular meals)...after i get to a certain point i will begin to alter my macros around training and non training days and also around certain body parts...i like to add more carbs the night prior or the am of a day when i train a what i would consider a weaker body part or legs..these are all mostly complex carbs like sweet potatoes...i'm kinda a versatile eater but tend to stick with a lot of the same food types(creature of habit)..as you know once supps change some... then of course different foods will be added or subtracted to work with that plan...

i drink almost all water ed(1 coke zero ed)...and it always has bcaa powder in it..i like the 360 cut..mainly its a flavor thing for me but obviously there is the benefit of the bcaa's...i will add 2-3g leucine and glutamine powders to my intra water mix also...i used to drink 1 cup of coffee in the am but now i have 1 scoop of JavaPro in a coffee cup of warm water...it has 20g protein in it..if you havnt seen it and your a coffee drinker..its worth checking out..it has 200mg of caffeine in it...

today's meal examples are looking like this

M1
    egg whites
    steel oats(stevia,ground natural cinnamon)
    almond butter(natural-no salt added)
    1 scoop JavaPro

M2
    divine natural whey isolate(best whey i have ever had-zero stomach issues)
    banana
    grape seed oil or cashews(no salt)

M3
    organic ground sirloin
    white rice
    avocado

M4
    same as #2 except no banana add apple(honeycrisp)

M5
    ground turkey 93/7
    french beans
    sweet potato
    oil

M6
    cod
    white rice
    red bell pepper
    oil

french beans are pretty dense with carbs,protein and some fat but light on the stomach...i like em crunchy...

but kinda like my training i will switch things up from time to time..maybe the next round at the store i will get chicken breast...ground bison..almonds..brussel sprouts...jasmine rice...romaine lettuce etc etc...i just kinda walk around and see what catches my eye..and also pick up some bulk on any sale items...like the organic ground..it was $3.97 lb..so i picked up 6 packs...

i do prefer free range eggs espc brown eggs...but i do buy just regular ones also..sometimes split em half and half....

saving grace is i'm not much of a sweet eater and i don't drink alcohol hardly ever..

i figure i will ride this phase for a month or more then once i get to were i like what i'm seeing i willl most likely go to the fore mentioned change with the carbs around training..then onto a carb cycle to put the finishing touches on things...i'm shooting for july 1st as my date for being inshape..not stage shape but 3-4 week out look..so 205-208 was what i figured...

DRSE owns this shithole

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Rep Points

So each meal is P + C + F?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Divine for the win!

Meal 3 sounds tasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Today was one of the most brutal leg days i have had in ages...i'm just really into it if that makes any sense...i never didn't train or train lazy..but i hadn't really put the metal too the pedal like this since my competitive days..with that said i still have a ton of work to do..

got that crazy leg day buzz...that slow moving feeling like you took a Valium or something..

gonna adjust my diet again tonight...haven't found the right mix yet...too much protein maybe?

i trained at a 24 hour fitness today that has all those new Hoist counter weighted machines...those things are cool..and feel totally different then anything else out there..and there easy on your joints...a plus..

leg ext
    3 sets 25

seated ham curl
    3 sets 25

leg sled
    1p esx20
    2p esx20
    3px20
    4px15
    5px15
    6px15
    7px15
    8px15
    10px10

that was plates per side until 8 then i had to stack em on top...so 900lbs last set...paused last rep of each set...then waddled out and stripped it down to 1p es and did it to failure...idk it was 40-50 reps...at this point i had the stick in my ass walk going..

hit some pia squats
    80lbx15
    90lbx15
    100lbx15
    120lbx15

all paused at bottom for a short count...i stay over my quads a little with this to work them more...semi sumo stance

adductor machine
    1x25
    2x30
    3x40

all pretty light and slow negative

hoist seated leg press unilateral
    1x12'
    2x12
    3x12

each set i moved my foot placement from out to middle to in

ham curl seated drop set
    1x20
    2x18
    3x16
    4x14
    5xfail

and called it a day...i had zero legs under me..if someone pulled a gun on me i would have just stood there...

gonna hurt to sit on the toilet tomorrow for sure....

had pwo shake w/ 2 scoops divine whey 40g oats 3g luciene added on top...gonna sleep well tonight for sure...

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrWaters View Post
    Divine for the win!

Meal 3 sounds tasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Divine really is that good...the digestion or lack there of issues is what i really like...

DRSE owns this shithole

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Rep Points

s2h training&diet IML style log

Quote Originally Posted by s2h View Post
    Divine really is that good...the digestion or lack there of issues is what i really like...
    So Gimmick or no gimmick?

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

wasn't gonna train today due to a 1pm tee time...but i had some time this am and just destroyed my delts...this new Hoist counter weight machines are like a god sent..i feel zero joint pain with them...there like a old farts dream...only downside is the stacks aren't very heavy..but mixed in some pauses and slow negatives etc and it works fine...shot 91 on the TPC course from the blacks..so maybe i need to train delts every time before golf...

started doing speed training for a few OL from the HS my boy plays at...we have it one a week..bright and early tomorrow...got my torture list made up..they love the coil rope sprints uphill..so much fun seeing them in pain..there even following diets..one said he ate a fast food burger the other day and it tasted horrible..like a pile of salt...lord there is hope

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by theCaptn' View Post
    So Gimmick or no gimmick?

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

diet is in full swing...got it set up right were i need it for now....down 2lbs in the first 2 days..all fat of course..lol..today was cardio only...was going to do track work with the HS kids prepping for he combine but scratched that for the treadmill...nice and steady...3.0mph on a 4.0 incline for 45 min..gotta start somewhere..meal plan was as follows

m1
    12 egg whites
    2 cup frozen hashbrown
    1 tbsp oil

m2
    2 scoop whey isolate
    3/4 cup steel oats
    1/4 cup cashews(raw)

m3
    6oz organic bison/ground turkey 93/7 mix
    1 med sweet potato(6oz roughly)
    1 cup mixed veggies(french bean,red bells,yellow bells,zucchini)

m4
    same as #2

m5
    same as #3

m6
    same as #2 except 1 tbsp oil no cashews

m7
    8oz cod
    1 cup long grain rice
    1/2 cup french beans

m8(before bed-only on training days)
    1 scoop whey isolate
    1 tbsp coconut oil

flavor
    natural cinammon
    sea salt(dash)
    pepper
    Italian seasoning(sodium free)
    garlic/onion powder

1.5 gallon water w/360 cut bcaa powder all day
    1 coke zero

otc supps
    400mg b6
    mens multi
    fiber gummies
    IML advanced cycle support 2 caps am/pm
    2 caps time released vit C

i can eat the same things over and over...as things progress i will add more fish in...cut the meat to more turkey and some chicken...and add in some venison on occasion...once chicken is used i will add on some mixed baby spinach/romaine lettuce(salad)

no cheat meals at least for the first few weeks or maybe not at all...i'm all in for this...i have made up my mind and i'm focused...

cardio will vary..but due to a few nagging lower body injuries i will stick mainly to MISS cardio over longer duration's...imo HITT is better but my body doesn't like the impact of HITT..but i can do some HITT on the recumbent bike..

target weight after 8 weeks is 215lbs....so a 22lb drop in water and fat...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

Looks solid s2h. Nobody and no food can make you sway from course. My money's on s2h.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by flood View Post
    Looks solid s2h. Nobody and no food can make you sway from course. My money's on s2h.
    thanks Flood..i really do appreciate the kind words...i'm just one of these types that once i set my mind to it i'm all in...not to get the cart ahead of the horse but there is a large regional show not to long after this contest ends..its crossed my mind..but i will see how i look and feel..

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

diet stayed pretty close to yesterday...i think on work days i'm gonna have to add a meal...so go to 8 meals...i get up at 3:30 am..so meal 1 is at 4-4:15 am....and i normally get to the gym about 4 pm..home 6 pm..bed 9-10 pm...so 7 meals over 17-18 hours isn't really gonna cut it...then on off days i may look to cut back some on the carbs and get away from the shakes all together on those days...i'm not crazy about all the shakes as i don't feel there optimal for dieting..1 maybe 2 ed is so so..but i'm looking at 4 right now...this is gonna take some tweaking for sure since dieting with this workload is a little challenging...no excuses i will make it work..

need to get a order in to Divine for some more Natural Whey..i'm not tolerating other whey brands well at all...my wife got some of the Arnold Whey that MP makes..i think i might have well eatin a box of laxatives...

so the water is off mostly and i'm getting a better picture of whats to come..posting a new pic in the contest log i'm in with my sign required for the contest..pretty standard so everyone is legit pic wise..and its pretty standard i'm late posting it..Mrs Iron has been kind enough to resize the pics for me so they can be posted...big thanks to her and more thanks for her inspiring me to jump into the contest..

today was cardio 45 min treadmill
    biceps
    calves
    rear delts

i like to train these 3 the same day and i have no real reason why except i don't directly train front delts much as i'm a bit delt dominate...gonna break the sling-shot out after this week as it keeps the delts out of chest movements and gives alot more direct tension to the pec area..

tomorrow is cardio/abs/triceps...sat will be legs no cardio..this is my plan for now..only other thing i change in training is the gym i go to...one week i train almost all free weights and a bit heavier..so for that i go to the hardcore gym(better spotters i can trust)and the next week i go to a chain gym due to the excessive amount of machines and milfs...hardcore gym is pretty milfless...