• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Hematoma and cellulitis

1HungLo

Super Human
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I pinned 1.5mL of 250mg/mL test cyp in my quad on Sunday morning. Next day I felt a little pip but nothing major. It has gradually gotten worse all week. It was hurting so bad yesterday that I had to go to prompt care and have it looked at. Dr said I have a fairly large hematoma and cellulitis. Leg is swollen from quad to ankle and red as hell. Hurts like a bitch too. Received script for pain pill and antibiotic.
I pin in my quads all the time and haven't had a problem since I learned proper technique and correct sites on the quad to pin. I use a 27g x 1/2 inch needle and that has usually worked fine for me since I have very little fat on my quads. Any ideas on what the hell caused this? I use pretty sterile technique cleaning the vial and the area. Do you think maybe the 1/2" needles aren't long enough? I sure don't want this happening again -- I have enough shit wrong with me the way it is. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Personally for quads I go 1" bro. And never had an issue. But you got an infection so the needle length most likely isn't the cause for the infection. Take them meds bro and heal up. Just make sure you're being vey cautious and sterilizing thoroughly prior to any pinning.

Last edited:
was it a new bottle of gear or one you had pinned with already, if it's not the gear then it has to be a sterility issue

was it a new bottle of gear or one you had pinned with already, if it's not the gear then it has to be a sterility issue

this.

aslo like iz said. use a longer needle. i use 1.5 but my quads ar large. you can get a way with 1in.

I had already used the vial previously -- do you think maybe I contaminated the gear somehow?

Update: freakin shit turned into an abscess, surgery and six days in the hospital to fix, just got home today, don't think I'll be pinning quads again for quite awhile, if ever.

Update: freakin shit turned into an abscess, surgery and six days in the hospital to fix, just got home today, don't think I'll be pinning quads again for quite awhile, if ever.

Fuark man. I've had an extreme form of cellulitis as well before.

Sorry to hear you needed surgery for that man. Perhaps the vial you used was contaminated somehow either by you or the supplier. Who knows.

Hope you recover well. What meds did they give you? Sulfa? Or Cex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im pretty sure length of needles have absolutely nothing to do with getting an infection if pin with 23,25,27,29 "5-1" max plenty of time wit no issue just takes longer gor the juice to spread

Pretty sure in the process you somehow werent sterile I alwyas clean vial 2 times and injection spot 2-3 times and when im done 2 times call me paranoid better safe than sorry. Heal up bro!

Fuark man. I've had an extreme form of cellulitis as well before.

Sorry to hear you needed surgery for that man. Perhaps the vial you used was contaminated somehow either by you or the supplier. Who knows.

Hope you recover well. What meds did they give you? Sulfa? Or Cex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had me on vancomycin and zosyn all week then sent me home on Augmentin three times a day.

Wow that sucks. What did you tell them about your symtoms initially?

IML Gear Cream!
I'm on trt so I had no worries about telling them I pin. I pinned on Sun, felt the pip on Mon, was bad enough on Thurs that I went to prompt care. The area was already red and swollen by then so I just told them it was right where I pinned. He gave me 5 Levaquin and some pain pills and told me to come back if got worse. Next day was so bad I couldn't bear weight on it. Bad thing is that I'm supposed to have surgery on the 14th to have my ostomy reversed and now this may fuck that up, shouldn't delay it more than a month though I wouldn't think but I know surgeon will want me totally infection free before he does the surgery. This year is really starting off great man.

Lol. A day after I posted this my friggin spleen ruptured and I had to have emergency surgery to take my spleen out. I actually died during surgery but they did CPR and got my heart started again. This has been a terrible freakin year. My Ostomy surgery won't be until May. I'm tired of shitting into a bag.

Back