• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Full body split help

jimm

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys,

im hoping someone can help me out. Im wanting to take a new approach to training for atleast the first 6 months of this year anyway, im tired of splits and sameish routines need to change it up and im wanting to do full body workout training EOD iv decided to try this after some research.

Just wondering is any one has got any experience with these full bodyworkouts gonna be totally new for me iv been training 3 years now and iv always done back bis blah i need a new approach.

5'8
185lbish
13%bf

help me out guys

That is an antiquated training philosophy and you should strive for something different.
Look into training movement patterns as opposed to body part splits. In a huge fan of Jim Wendlers 531 or the new 863 program. It's primarily a power lifting program that can be adapted to be a busy building program. Read as much as you can and try many different programs. I say get as strong as you can for a handful of exercises in the 3-5 rep range and add accessory and supplemental exercises in the higher rep ranges. I know this is a vague answer but the conversation can go on and on.
Read, read and read some more. You have a lot to learn about training and recovery. Good luck bro.

Body building program... Not busy building. Damn phone!

thanks for your input mate but im gonna stick to my guns and go for the full body workouts just for something different... il try a different aprroach at a later date i do like the sound of the wendler program and strength training but iv got my heart set on the full bodys shit its what they used to do back in the day and them guys slammed on the size..

im not saying one approach is right and anothers not just got my heart set on trying full body workouts

i was reading up on some old school bodybuilders who used to do and swear buy full body workouts..

when i think about it i was doing say arms on a monday ( for example ) chest the next day legs the next ( if not a rest day) shoulders the next blah u get the point although im still hitting arms indirectly im literlly going many days without training them same for all body parts with these splits... seems logical way to train to me im looking forward to trying this... if it doesnt work it doesnt work im not gonna cry about it.

They are full body workouts. They just emphasize one primary movement pattern with a strength emphasis. Read more my friend. It's not just about exercise or body part selection. If volume training is your primary focus its gonna get old eventually. Linear and non linear strength programs with extra volume from accessory and assistant work to build mass along with regular deloading is guaranteed to keep the gains coming. How long have you been seriously training and how much of your knowledge is from main stream media?
Science is science and that is how I develop programs. Not based on what Joe schmoe and his friends use to do or what Jay Cutler is doing. He's a freak and in all likelihood we will never achieve what he has.

Just being real here. Sorry if it comes across wrong. I see so many young or misinformed people emphasizing the last important training variables like exercises and sets not the most important ones like intensity, tempo, rest periods and recovery imo.

Sorry every one wrote the thread title wrong i want help with full body workouts not full body splits

they are full body workouts. They just emphasize one primary movement pattern with a strength emphasis. Read more my friend. It's not just about exercise or body part selection. If volume training is your primary focus its gonna get old eventually. Linear and non linear strength programs with extra volume from accessory and assistant work to build mass along with regular deloading is guaranteed to keep the gains coming. How long have you been seriously training and how much of your knowledge is from main stream media?
Science is science and that is how i develop programs. Not based on what joe schmoe and his friends use to do or what jay cutler is doing. He's a freak and in all likelihood we will never achieve what he has.

my bad was ment to put full body workout in the title not full body split my bad ive been doing splits im bored of them

I used to do them. They are great for cutting but not so much for building muscle. You'll find you won't overload a muscle group enough to get any real gains unless you put allot more time in the gym per training session.
But, having said that it sounds like you have your mind made up.

IML Gear Cream!
you can do upper body(chest back and arms) one day then rest then lower body (legs and abs) then rest the do a functional workout hitting every muscle it will also be a good cardio training then rest two days and restart.

il post the video up leroy colbert talking about it surely every one on here is mad about bodybuilding you know who he is.. of the godlen age of bodybuilding explaining about how they used to do full body workouts.. one day on one day off... 6 sets for each bodypart with a minute rest between sets. ive been doing it, im in the gym for around 2 hours now, and to be honest ive never felt better i feel like im making progress its shocked my body a bit every thing is getting trained 3 times a week. i love it.

i think were i was going wrong was training to failiure all the time im not doing that not either. it makes me have more fun in the gym aswell.

its jst part of the process what works for you might not work for me and vice versa

i know ppl that train HIT and grow like a weed but for others there body just doesnt respond to it

CP started a good thread a while ago about designing a FB routine....

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/threads/53106-Designing-a-Full-Body-Routine

I've done them off and on for the past 10 years. I prefer ( Upper Lower off Upper Lower ) but I'll do FB for 4-8 weeks once or twice through the year. My only issue was my shoulders got beat up pressing 3 times a week.

Here is a copy of something I did a while ago that I liked (adjust the weight to your needs). Do 3 sets of each exercise then move on to the next exercise OR if you have space you can do them as a circuit. Take a day off or do something active outside the gym in between workout days. This works great for the summer.

Day 1

Ab Rollouts 30
Trap Bar Dead 355 x 5
Weighted Chins BW +45 x 6 / drop set
Corner Press 70 x 25
OH Squats 110 x 10

Day 2

Hanging Leg Raise 30
Dragon flags 6
Weighted Dips BW +45 x 10 / dropset
DB Row 100 x 25
Super Squat 10 plates x 10