• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Blood glucose levels

Nyde

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Will drinking a cup of egg whites upon rising raising my blood glucose levels and therefore end up raising insulin levels?

I ask this because I do morning cardio upon rising. Was thinking of drinking some egg whites before the run and didn't want to increase insulin that later on inhibits fat burning.

Will drinking a cup of egg whites upon rising raising my blood glucose levels and therefore end up raising insulin levels? I ask this because I do morning cardio upon rising. Was thinking of drinking some egg whites before the run and didn't want to increase insulin that later on inhibits fat burning.

Egg Whites

First of all, exactly what is the reason for ONLY consuming egg whites?

The egg whites contain about half the protein in the egg.

Secondly, the nutrients are in the egg yoke.

Thus, you end up throwing away the best part of the egg...which is senseless.

Increased Insulin

The Glycemic Index indicates that proteins and fat cause do not insulin release.

However, the latest method of measuring insulin release and foods is the...

Insulin Index

The Insulin Index indicates that many proteins trigger release.

Leucine

This amino acid is prevalent in proteins.

Leucine has demonstrated that it causes insulin release.

Approximately, 8-9% of the amino acids in an egg are composed of Leucine.

Thus, eggs whites will cause some insulin release. The amount is dependent on several factors.

With that said Leucine is an...

Anabolic Trigger

It "Trigger" muscle growth.

Consuming foods high in Leucine (whey and caseinate protein, meat, cheeze, eggs, etc) will build muscle mass.

Fasted State

The ONLY way of insuring NO insulin release occurs is to NOT consume anything!

Counter Productive

However, working out in a Fasted State is counter productive for a multitude of reasons.

1) Elevated cortisol levels.

2) Insulin is an anabolic hormone.

When elevated in a Pre, Peri and Post Workout state, insulin is a "Muscle Maker". That is one of the reason some bodybuilder inject it. This is dangerous.

The Dark Side

When insulin is elevated outside the Workout Window, it is a "Fat Maker".

Harnessing The Power

The key is to manipulate insulin release at the right time and to suppress it during the rest of you day.

"Does Cardio After an Overnight Fast Maximize Fat Loss?"
http://pulsthjalfun.is/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/doescardio.pdf

NO!!! The research indicates it does NOT.

"In conclusion, the literature does not support the efficacy of training early in the morning on an empty stomach asa tactic to reduce body fat. At best, the
net effect on fat loss associated with such an approach will be no better than training after meal consumption, and quite possibly, it would produce inferior results."

What burns body fat is "Excess Post Oxygen Consumption Workout", EPOC.

EPOC (intense) workouts increase your metabolism long after the workout is over.

Combining that type of workout with a slight decrease in caloric intake decreases/burns your body fat levels.

Dr. John Ivy (Exercise Nutrition Researcher/University of Texas)

At the EAS Nutritional Summit in 2012/Seattle Washington, Ivy stated that not consuming some type of food prior to and after your workout means you wasted most of your workout.

Growth Hormone Release

Since this always comes up, let me address it now.

Elevated insulin does blunt growth hormone release after a meal/snack.

However, there is more to the story.

Dietary supplements affect the anabolic hormones after weight-training exercise.
https://www.google.com/#q=Dietary+s...bolic+hormones+after+weight-training+exercise.

Research demonstrated that growth hormone REBOUNDS with a vengeance about 6 hours after your training session and Post Workout Beverage/Meal.

Summary

1) Fasted State Cardio does NOT burn more body fat.

2) Fasted State Cardio places you in a Catabolic State.

3) Fasted Cardio does not allow you to elicit a insulin Anabolic State.

When harness at the right time, insulin build muscle.

4) Insulin suppresses cortisol levels; insulin is anti-catabolic.

5) Growth Hormone REBOUNDS about 6 hour after your Post Workout Beverage.

Thus, you obtain the muscle building effects of insulin and growth hormone.

The Myth

Fasted Cardio burning more fat and not allowing growth hormone release is a MYTH that will continue to exist.

It falls inline with doing situp to decrease your waistline.

Kenny Croxdale

our bodies are very complicated when it comes to insulin and glucose but as a general statement insulin is always released regardless if you eat or dont...however the quantity of insulin release differs from eating a carb meal to just maintaining blood glucose.

MCT + grassfed butter + caffeine is a great fuel source for early AM training :)

If AM fasted cardio is your only choice and you weight train later in the day...look at changing your training up to add in some HITT cardio and eliminate the am fasted cardio...

This isn't always possible ....but once when I was prepping I trained in a gym at my apt complex...I would leave the treadmill running...do one set of lift X...then jump on the treadmill and sprint for 30-45 seconds....jump off and catch wind(1-1.5min)...I would repeat this 10-15 times during the later part of the session....

Worked well...

MCT + grassfed butter + caffeine is a great fuel source for early AM training :)

MCT

They make sense.

Caffeine

Some research indicates that caffeine trigger insulin release.

Thus, if you trying avoid insulin, caffeine probably isn't a good choice.

Kenny Croxdale

Back