Keeping my gains

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    GEARED UP
    jorjorbinx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    374

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    10550174

    Keeping my gains

    I'm about to start my pct and I want to know what type of workout and nutrition is optimal to keep all my gains I just made. I really need to deload because I've put a lot of strain on my ligaments lifting heavy. But I dont know if deloading would be counter productive. Should I stay in a calorie surplus or just do my maintenance calories. Point me in the right direction thanks


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    152

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    -819333

    Well this is what I've done on occasions
    Deload, say you bench 315 for 12 then you would be doing 225 for 12 reps 2 working sets.... you get the picture. Same goes for all the other exercises.
    Food, eat every 2-3 hours... lower carbs, increase fats..not sure how much protein you eating but aim for a bit less than you are eating now since you are not going as heavy or hard on the workouts.

    Workouts 3-4 days a week max no more than one hour each.
    Occasionally I used to throw in a heavy set in this mix but nothing crazy just look to get a good pump because it's very easy to get hurt pulling something.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    bigsparky's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Dust city
    Posts
    51

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    10

    I would not decrease carbs on PCT. keep the diet the same if you want to maintain your gains from cycle.

    this PCT I just conpleted I used Insulin 8iu, Peg MGF, MGF, GHRP-2, MOD GRF129 and I will say I have kept making solid gains after PCT.

    just my .02c


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Registered User
    jimm's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,408

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    116607670


    In my opinion you will never keep your gains if that was the case ppl would just do heavy cycles come off and be massive forever lol u might keep a little but u can expect loss of strength and libido... Sorry to be the bearer of bad news it's just my 2 cents...

    That's why so many ppl blast and cruise don't no body wana be natty that shit sucks

  5. #5
    Registered User
    24K's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Neon Lights
    Posts
    348

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    5096329

    One excellent addition to pct to not only help keep gains, but prevent muscle wasting as well as provide very strong healing qualities is Ostarine (MK2866) and then after pct to start bridging with sarms... I have never ran a pct without ostarine in it and not only have I always kept gains but have added to them and cleaned them up... It is an excellent addition... We have the purest osta you will ever come across at SARMS1.COM - The best Selective androgen receptor modulators...

  6. #6
    GEARED UP
    jorjorbinx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    374

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    10550174

    Quote Originally Posted by jimm View Post
    In my opinion you will never keep your gains if that was the case ppl would just do heavy cycles come off and be massive forever lol u might keep a little but u can expect loss of strength and libido... Sorry to be the bearer of bad news it's just my 2 cents...

    That's why so many ppl blast and cruise don't no body wana be natty that shit sucks
    makes sense i was expecting to loose some but hopefully not toomuch... i may have to do some research on blasting and cruising

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    GEARED UP
    jorjorbinx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    374

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    10550174

    Quote Originally Posted by 24K View Post
    One excellent addition to pct to not only help keep gains, but prevent muscle wasting as well as provide very strong healing qualities is Ostarine (MK2866) and then after pct to start bridging with sarms... I have never ran a pct without ostarine in it and not only have I always kept gains but have added to them and cleaned them up... It is an excellent addition... We have the purest osta you will ever come across at SARMS1.COM - The best Selective androgen receptor modulators...
    ill have to do some reading on sarms cause i dont know much but i hear people talk about them often. ill especially look into ostarine .

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Registered User
    bruno229's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    dallas tx
    Posts
    37

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    200202

    Have you tried hcgenerate during pct? from n2bm? I hear gtlreat things from this natty supplement. Can anyone comment?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

  9. #9
    Crimson Rep
    BOARD REP
    jay_steel's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,813

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    602255418


    Quote Originally Posted by bruno229 View Post
    Have you tried hcgenerate during pct? from n2bm? I hear gtlreat things from this natty supplement. Can anyone comment?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    whats in it? not hcg probably just trib.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~

    you have a few options when it comes to lifting i dont lift heavy period the heaviest I go is 500 for squats and 225 for bench and my bench is well over 405 if i really tried. But injury is not worth being pulled out of a show and my bicep tendons tend to pop on a barbell bench. However dumbbells I can angle them just right where it does not put pressure on them. I would go to a heavy db set, also adding in bands to play helps allot. I use bands on my 225 bench press to make it 325 at the top end. This takes the pressure off my rotator cuffs and bicep tendons at the bottom of the press but allows me to peak with the weight i need.

    I am going to start doing this with all my training, my knees are gone so going 45 with 500 is just murder on my knees period. Other then that chain work outs are great as well. This will all take pressure off your legaments and tendons.

    As for holding gains your going to have to eat and get fat if you want to hold the muscle. I am talking about 800 carbs a day type of eating. Keep your sodium normal though, and just force feed carbs all day and then taper them off as your test levels go back. I did this with a friend of mine during his pct, then we went into a carb cycle once his test was recovered and since he ate clean carbs it melted off of him and he looked great. Help about 80% of his gains which was amazing.

    HGH will also help as well and other peps. I dont know much about peps though.

  10. #10
    GEARED UP
    jorjorbinx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    374

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    10550174

    Quote Originally Posted by jay_steel View Post
    whats in it? not hcg probably just trib.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~

    you have a few options when it comes to lifting i dont lift heavy period the heaviest I go is 500 for squats and 225 for bench and my bench is well over 405 if i really tried. But injury is not worth being pulled out of a show and my bicep tendons tend to pop on a barbell bench. However dumbbells I can angle them just right where it does not put pressure on them. I would go to a heavy db set, also adding in bands to play helps allot. I use bands on my 225 bench press to make it 325 at the top end. This takes the pressure off my rotator cuffs and bicep tendons at the bottom of the press but allows me to peak with the weight i need.

    I am going to start doing this with all my training, my knees are gone so going 45 with 500 is just murder on my knees period. Other then that chain work outs are great as well. This will all take pressure off your legaments and tendons.

    As for holding gains your going to have to eat and get fat if you want to hold the muscle. I am talking about 800 carbs a day type of eating. Keep your sodium normal though, and just force feed carbs all day and then taper them off as your test levels go back. I did this with a friend of mine during his pct, then we went into a carb cycle once his test was recovered and since he ate clean carbs it melted off of him and he looked great. Help about 80% of his gains which was amazing.

    HGH will also help as well and other peps. I dont know much about peps though.
    really good info bro. 80% is insane. to keep when he was eating 800 carbs a day were they all clean carbs and is that why fat melted off? as for protein keep 1 pound per body weight? last question is if you blast and cruise or do u pct after every cycle ?

  11. #11
    Crimson Rep
    BOARD REP
    jay_steel's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,813

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    602255418


    Quote Originally Posted by jorjorbinx View Post
    really good info bro. 80% is insane. to keep when he was eating 800 carbs a day were they all clean carbs and is that why fat melted off? as for protein keep 1 pound per body weight? last question is if you blast and cruise or do u pct after every cycle ?
    protein is kept at 1.5 x LBM so it adjusted each week, With higher carbs you want to lower your protein just a bit. This is NOT 1.5 x your body weight its 1.5 x LBM. Everything was clean white, brown rice, sweat potatoes, yams, oats, karbolyn during workouts.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    jimm's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,408

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    116607670


    Quote Originally Posted by jorjorbinx View Post
    makes sense i was expecting to loose some but hopefully not toomuch... i may have to do some research on blasting and cruising

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    im not telling you to cruise mate its a MASSIVE commitment that is not to be taken lightly it will effect you for life! im just stating my humble opinion brother...

    im not sure about this sarm business ive never taken peptides or growth anything other then gear...

    i find it hard to belive this guy saying he kept all his gains and cleaned them up thats aload of shit


    but the pros dont come off gear they cruise aswell look at dorian and levrone and even jay cutler now hes clearly cut his drug consumption they are all shrinking ppl dont like to admit it but its the truth u do loose a fair bit of your gains especially if your kind of new to this and say u put on 20lb on the scales on ur cycle granted its alot of water some fat, when you come off u can bet u loose most of that.

    just the reality of it in my opinion

    stay safe mate
    TEAM 3CC

  13. #13
    GEARED UP
    jorjorbinx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    374

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    10550174

    Quote Originally Posted by jimm View Post
    im not telling you to cruise mate its a MASSIVE commitment that is not to be taken lightly it will effect you for life! im just stating my humble opinion brother...

    im not sure about this sarm business ive never taken peptides or growth anything other then gear...

    i find it hard to belive this guy saying he kept all his gains and cleaned them up thats aload of shit


    but the pros dont come off gear they cruise aswell look at dorian and levrone and even jay cutler now hes clearly cut his drug consumption they are all shrinking ppl dont like to admit it but its the truth u do loose a fair bit of your gains especially if your kind of new to this and say u put on 20lb on the scales on ur cycle granted its alot of water some fat, when you come off u can bet u loose most of that.

    just the reality of it in my opinion

    stay safe mate
    yes it is a huge commitment to cruise and i would have to do way more research before committing to something like that. on this cycle i didnt gain much weight cause i started with keto and then slowly went up to a surplus by adding carbs. so im about the same weight i was when i started but i did loose some fat and filled out well. i had labs done and know the gear was legit. it would just be odd to be lighter after the cycle than i was coming into it but it looks like that is what is going to happen

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Registered User
    jimm's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,408

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    116607670


    Quote Originally Posted by jorjorbinx View Post
    yes it is a huge commitment to cruise and i would have to do way more research before committing to something like that. on this cycle i didnt gain much weight cause i started with keto and then slowly went up to a surplus by adding carbs. so im about the same weight i was when i started but i did loose some fat and filled out well. i had labs done and know the gear was legit. it would just be odd to be lighter after the cycle than i was coming into it but it looks like that is what is going to happen

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    honestly like i keep saying just my 2 cents here..

    weight gain is all about food not gear.. gear will help with water retension so your weight will go up quicker and gain muscle quicker blahh....

    just think about this logically, if what this guy said were true then every body would just have to run a cycle or 2 get massive pct then run this Ostarine (MK2866) and MAKE MORE gains and live happily ever after...

    not gonna happen really how ever you sugar coat it.
    TEAM 3CC

  15. #15
    GEARED UP
    jorjorbinx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    374

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    10550174

    Quote Originally Posted by jimm View Post
    honestly like i keep saying just my 2 cents here..

    weight gain is all about food not gear.. gear will help with water retension so your weight will go up quicker and gain muscle quicker blahh....

    just think about this logically, if what this guy said were true then every body would just have to run a cycle or 2 get massive pct then run this Ostarine (MK2866) and MAKE MORE gains and live happily ever after...

    not gonna happen really how ever you sugar coat it.
    yes i agree that you cant count your water weight into your muscle mass that takes time and dedication. i dont know how many people think you can just take steroids and you will be huge .... no gym no food no work ... its as easy as taking it and booooom ur huge.... sadly thats not how it works. i know i went on a tangent but everything takes time im not lookin for a quick fix. im looking more for an aid into helping me keep the lbm i earned by workin my ass off

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Keeping gains
    By malfeasance in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 11:31 PM
  2. TNE and keeping gains
    By mnpower in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 08:40 AM
  3. Keeping Gains
    By dannyg15 in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 03:06 PM
  4. Keeping your Gains
    By Tough Old Man in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 08:46 PM
  5. keeping Gains
    By BULL in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 07:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2001-2017 IronMag® Bodybuilding Forums