Opinions on current diet

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    43
    Rep Points
    1445656

    Opinions on current diet

    Currently lifting 5-6 days a week and cardio 3-4 days a week. Running 400/week of test E. Current meals are:


    Breakfast: 1/2 oatmeal with 3/4 of almond milk
    6 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    Coffee

    Breakfast: 45g protein, 20g carbs, 10g fat, 370 calories


    PWO: 1/2 almond milk with 1 and half cup of protein powder in shake

    220 calories, 1g fat, 16g carbs, 35g protein


    Lunch: 7oz Chicken breast or 6oz 90/10 hamburger meat with 1/2 brown rice

    420 calories, 8g fat, 18g carbs, 60g protein


    Snack: Usually 7oz of fish, cooked on stove with tomato's

    200 calories, 2g fat, 9 carbs, 36g protein


    Dinner: Usually 6oz-8oz chicken with either green beans or broccoli or salad

    400 calories, 8g fat, 15g carb, 60g protein


    Before bed: 1 and half scoop of protein powder with half cup of almond milk

    220 calories, 4g fat, 12g carbs, 36g protein


    Trying to maintain muscle and lose the bf. Been on diet for roughly about 3-4 weeks and lost 4-5lbs but am currently getting stuck. Currently 19% bf and BMI is 26 I believe. Any input would be appreciated, or suggestions. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Registered User
    jtip1810's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    AMA Army
    Posts
    164
    Rep Points
    2219860

    Could try to cycle your carbs a bit go higher on heavy training days with low fats like legs or back training days. Use moderate carbs on other training days and very low to no carbs and higher fats/protein on non training days or light cardio days. Continue to adjust cals every 2 weeks or when your results stall.

  3. #3
    Heavyiron's guinea pig!
    heady muscle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    no wheresville, man!
    Posts
    276
    Rep Points
    31392169

    Are you using unsweetened almond milk?

    It looks really good. Add raw veges in between meals. It will help keep the appetite down if needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by jasoak View Post
    Currently lifting 5-6 days a week and cardio 3-4 days a week. Running 400/week of test E. Current meals are:


    Breakfast: 1/2 oatmeal with 3/4 of almond milk
    6 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    Coffee

    Breakfast: 45g protein, 20g carbs, 10g fat, 370 calories


    PWO: 1/2 almond milk with 1 and half cup of protein powder in shake

    220 calories, 1g fat, 16g carbs, 35g protein


    Lunch: 7oz Chicken breast or 6oz 90/10 hamburger meat with 1/2 brown rice

    420 calories, 8g fat, 18g carbs, 60g protein


    Snack: Usually 7oz of fish, cooked on stove with tomato's

    200 calories, 2g fat, 9 carbs, 36g protein


    Dinner: Usually 6oz-8oz chicken with either green beans or broccoli or salad

    400 calories, 8g fat, 15g carb, 60g protein


    Before bed: 1 and half scoop of protein powder with half cup of almond milk

    220 calories, 4g fat, 12g carbs, 36g protein


    Trying to maintain muscle and lose the bf. Been on diet for roughly about 3-4 weeks and lost 4-5lbs but am currently getting stuck. Currently 19% bf and BMI is 26 I believe. Any input would be appreciated, or suggestions. Thanks!

  4. #4
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Posts
    768
    Rep Points
    47714078

    Quote Originally Posted by jasoak View Post
    Currently lifting 5-6 days a week and cardio 3-4 days a week. Running 400/week of test E. Current meals are:


    Breakfast: 1/2 oatmeal with 3/4 of almond milk
    6 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    Coffee

    Breakfast: 45g protein, 20g carbs, 10g fat, 370 calories


    PWO: 1/2 almond milk with 1 and half cup of protein powder in shake

    220 calories, 1g fat, 16g carbs, 35g protein


    Lunch: 7oz Chicken breast or 6oz 90/10 hamburger meat with 1/2 brown rice

    420 calories, 8g fat, 18g carbs, 60g protein


    Snack: Usually 7oz of fish, cooked on stove with tomato's

    200 calories, 2g fat, 9 carbs, 36g protein


    Dinner: Usually 6oz-8oz chicken with either green beans or broccoli or salad

    400 calories, 8g fat, 15g carb, 60g protein


    Before bed: 1 and half scoop of protein powder with half cup of almond milk

    220 calories, 4g fat, 12g carbs, 36g protein


    Trying to maintain muscle and lose the bf. Been on diet for roughly about 3-4 weeks and lost 4-5lbs but am currently getting stuck. Currently 19% bf and BMI is 26 I believe. Any input would be appreciated, or suggestions. Thanks!
    "Getting Stuck"

    Sticking point are going to occurs with a diet.

    You body adapts (General Adaptation Syndrome) to you caloric intake.

    That means you metabolism slow down so that you do NOT lose weight.

    Restarting Weight Loss

    To restart you weight loss, you need to decrease you calories.

    However, it appears that you caloric intake may be so low that you cannot maintain losing weight.

    More on calorie in a minute.

    Your Intake

    Protein: 272 grams

    Carbohydrates: 90 grams

    Fats: 22 grams

    Calories: 1648

    Dropping Calories

    At an intake of 1648 calories a day, you don't have much room in dropping you caloric intake.

    Low Carbohydrates

    Low carbohydrates, at some point, decrease your metabolism.

    At some point in your diet, you need to increase you carbohydrates to keep you metabolism elevated.

    Gluconeogenesis

    Protein is converted to glucose (carbohydrates) when you carbohydrate intake is low.

    Thus, some of you daily consumption of 272 grams of protein is being converted to glucose.

    Low Fat

    Low diets decrease testosterone.

    The 22 grams you are consuming is too low.

    You Average Caloric Intake BEFORE This Diet?

    The majority of individuals who go on a diet, drop their caloric intake too low too fast.

    I suspect you did that.

    More Effective Plan

    Dropping 200-300 calories from a pre-weight loss diet is more effective.

    You will lose weight. You will also hit a sticking point.

    When you hit that sticking point, you drop another 200-300 calorie from you diet and continue doing that within reason.

    Your Present Situation

    Your present 1648 calories per day is pretty low. Dropping any lower doesn't make much sense.

    You will probably do better by gradually increasing your intake up to 2000 plus per day.

    Once there, then slowly drop (about 200 calorie per day) to lose weight.

    When you hit a sticking point, decrease you caloric intake another 200 calories per day.

    Also, cycling your carbohydrates higher.

    And you definitely need to increase your fat intake while keeping you calories in the right range.

    Kenny Croxdale

  5. #5
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    43
    Rep Points
    1445656

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Croxdale View Post
    "Getting Stuck"

    Sticking point are going to occurs with a diet.

    You body adapts (General Adaptation Syndrome) to you caloric intake.

    That means you metabolism slow down so that you do NOT lose weight.

    Restarting Weight Loss

    To restart you weight loss, you need to decrease you calories.

    However, it appears that you caloric intake may be so low that you cannot maintain losing weight.

    More on calorie in a minute.

    Your Intake

    Protein: 272 grams

    Carbohydrates: 90 grams

    Fats: 22 grams

    Calories: 1648

    Dropping Calories

    At an intake of 1648 calories a day, you don't have much room in dropping you caloric intake.

    Low Carbohydrates

    Low carbohydrates, at some point, decrease your metabolism.

    At some point in your diet, you need to increase you carbohydrates to keep you metabolism elevated.

    Gluconeogenesis

    Protein is converted to glucose (carbohydrates) when you carbohydrate intake is low.

    Thus, some of you daily consumption of 272 grams of protein is being converted to glucose.

    Low Fat

    Low diets decrease testosterone.

    The 22 grams you are consuming is too low.

    You Average Caloric Intake BEFORE This Diet?

    The majority of individuals who go on a diet, drop their caloric intake too low too fast.

    I suspect you did that.

    More Effective Plan

    Dropping 200-300 calories from a pre-weight loss diet is more effective.

    You will lose weight. You will also hit a sticking point.

    When you hit that sticking point, you drop another 200-300 calorie from you diet and continue doing that within reason.

    Your Present Situation

    Your present 1648 calories per day is pretty low. Dropping any lower doesn't make much sense.

    You will probably do better by gradually increasing your intake up to 2000 plus per day.

    Once there, then slowly drop (about 200 calorie per day) to lose weight.

    When you hit a sticking point, decrease you caloric intake another 200 calories per day.

    Also, cycling your carbohydrates higher.

    And you definitely need to increase your fat intake while keeping you calories in the right range.

    Kenny Croxdale

    Thanks for the insight. What could I intake for healthy fats? Your also saying higher my calorie intake to 2000? Then drop according to body?

  6. #6
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Posts
    768
    Rep Points
    47714078

    Quote Originally Posted by jasoak View Post
    Thanks for the insight. What could I intake for healthy fats?
    Health Fats

    Olive, Hemp, Flaxseed, Fish Oils and some others are know by pretty much everyone as being health fats.

    Bad Fats

    Most know that trans/hydrogenated fats are bad.

    Incorrectly Labeled Fats

    Saturated Fats have been incorrectly catagorized as "Bad Fats".

    Saturated Fats are necessary for hormonal production. That means testosterone production.

    In other words, Low Saturated Fat Intake = Low Testosterone Production.

    Here's...

    The Truth About Saturated Fat
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._saturated_fat

    The foundation of Saturated Fats being "Bad Fats" is based on Ancel Keys' "The Seven Countries" pseudo scientific research in the mid 1950s.

    Keys research involved 22 countries. However, many of the countries with high Saturated Fat consumption had healthy individual.

    This disputed Keys' theory.

    So, Keys threw out the research from 15 countries.

    The foundation of Saturated Fats being bad is based on lies.


    Quote Originally Posted by jasoak View Post
    Your also saying higher my calorie intake to 2000? Then drop according to body?
    Hardwired For Fitness

    This book is by Dr. John Ivy.

    Dr. John Ivy specializes in Exercise Sports Nutrition Research.

    Ivy's findings is that to maximize fat loss while maintaining as much muscle mass as possible is obtained by slowly lowering you caloric intake about 200 +/- a day.

    That based on beginning your diet from a fairly high American Diet.

    Dr. Layne Norton (PhD Nutrition, Pro-Natural Bodybuilder) supports Ivy with additional research.

    Norton explains how dropping too many calories too quickly creates more of a "Yo-Yo Diet" effect.

    As Norton put it...

    Is Your Weight Loss Diet Making You Fatter?
    http://www.biolayne.com/nutrition/bi...ng-you-fatter/

    As Norton and Ivy note, dropping you caloric intake too low too quickly gives you NO place to go.

    You end up lowering your metabolism. That means you body will retain weight/fat.

    Money Analogy

    Your body's Savings Account is Body Fat.

    A Body Fat "Saving Account" is money for a rainy day.

    If an individual is dropped off someplace with no food, those with the most Body Fat "Saving Accounts" have the best chance of surviving.

    The body's natural survival mechanism is build on making sure you have a nice Body Fat "Saving Account" for rainy days.

    Your Job

    If you are making $2000 a month and get a pay cut to $1800 a month, you have to dip into you Saving Account.

    To survive, you are going to lean to live off the lower $1800 a month. You find ways to decrease you spending, your body finds ways to decrease your metabolism.

    You stop spending money by eating out, going to the show, etc. Your body does the same by decreasing your metabolism.

    2000 Calories A Day

    You probably need (as crazy as this sounds) your caloric intake higher than 2000 calories a day.

    Doing so, allows you to decrease about 200 calories a day until you get stuck.

    Once stuck, you decrease it another 200 calories per day and then restart you weight/fat loss.

    Using this method allows allow you to maintain more muscle mass while decreasing body fat.

    Metabolic Exercise

    "Interval" type cardio and strength program increase you metabolism via Excess Post Oxygen Consumption (EPOC).

    EPOC is tantamount to placing a physical demand on you body that cannot be immediately paid back.

    The "Metabolic Over Charge" is no different than over charging your credit card.

    You end up taking money (calorie) out of your Body Fat "Saving Account" to pay off you debt.

    Kenny Croxdale
    Last edited by Kenny Croxdale; 01-25-2014 at 08:27 AM.

  7. #7
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    43
    Rep Points
    1445656

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Croxdale View Post
    Health Fats

    Olive, Hemp, Flaxseed, Fish Oils and some others are know by pretty much everyone as being health fats.

    Bad Fats

    Most know that trans/hydrogenated fats are bad.

    Incorrectly Labeled Fats

    Saturated Fats have been incorrectly catagorized as "Bad Fats".

    Saturated Fats are necessary for hormonal production. That means testosterone production.

    In other words, Low Saturated Fat Intake = Low Testosterone Production.

    Here's...

    The Truth About Saturated Fat
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._saturated_fat

    The foundation of Saturated Fats being "Bad Fats" is based on Ancel Keys' "The Seven Countries" pseudo scientific research in the mid 1950s.

    Keys research involved 22 countries. However, many of the countries with high Saturated Fat consumption had healthy individual.

    This disputed Keys' theory.

    So, Keys threw out the research from 15 countries.

    The foundation of Saturated Fats being bad is based on lies.




    Hardwired For Fitness

    This book is by Dr. John Ivy.

    Dr. John Ivy specializes in Exercise Sports Nutrition Research.

    Ivy's findings is that to maximize fat loss while maintaining as much muscle mass as possible is obtained by slowly lowering you caloric intake about 200 +/- a day.

    That based on beginning your diet from a fairly high American Diet.

    Dr. Layne Norton (PhD Nutrition, Pro-Natural Bodybuilder) supports Ivy with additional research.

    Norton explains how dropping too many calories too quickly creates more of a "Yo-Yo Diet" effect.

    As Norton put it...

    Is Your Weight Loss Diet Making You Fatter?
    http://www.biolayne.com/nutrition/bi...ng-you-fatter/

    As Norton and Ivy note, dropping you caloric intake too low too quickly gives you NO place to go.

    You end up lowering your metabolism. That means you body will retain weight/fat.

    Money Analogy

    Your body's Savings Account is Body Fat.

    A Body Fat "Saving Account" is money for a rainy day.

    If an individual is dropped off someplace with no food, those with the most Body Fat "Saving Accounts" have the best chance of surviving.

    The body's natural survival mechanism is build on making sure you have a nice Body Fat "Saving Account" for rainy days.

    Your Job

    If you are making $2000 a month and get a pay cut to $1800 a month, you have to dip into you Saving Account.

    To survive, you are going to lean to live off the lower $1800 a month. You find ways to decrease you spending, your body finds ways to decrease your metabolism.

    You stop spending money by eating out, going to the show, etc. Your body does the same by decreasing your metabolism.

    2000 Calories A Day

    You probably need (as crazy as this sounds) your caloric intake higher than 2000 calories a day.

    Doing so, allows you to decrease about 200 calories a day until you get stuck.

    Once stuck, you decrease it another 200 calories per day and then restart you weight/fat loss.

    Using this method allows allow you to maintain more muscle mass while decreasing body fat.

    Metabolic Exercise

    "Interval" type cardio and strength program increase you metabolism via Excess Post Oxygen Consumption (EPOC).

    EPOC is tantamount to placing a physical demand on you body that cannot be immediately paid back.

    The "Metabolic Over Charge" is no different than over charging your credit card.

    You end up taking money (calorie) out of your Body Fat "Saving Account" to pay off you debt.

    Kenny Croxdale

    So if I jumped up to 2400 calories a day that would be a good point to start?

  8. #8
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Posts
    768
    Rep Points
    47714078

    Quote Originally Posted by jasoak View Post
    So if I jumped up to 2400 calories a day that would be a good point to start?
    Jumping

    Jumping from 1648 to 2400 calories (increasing your caloric intake 752 per day) over night amount to a...

    "Yo-Yo Diet"

    Research has demonstrated the "Yo-Yo Diet" WILL increase you body fat percentage.

    Your Question...

    tell me that you did NOT watch Norton's "Is Your Weight Loss Diet Making You Fatter?" video seminar.

    There Ain't NO Free Lunch

    Evidently, you don't have enough drive to take the time to learn things.

    You can obtain some snapshots of information from myself and others on this board.

    However, the ONLY way to really be successful is to invest in educating yourself.

    2400 calories

    At you present intake of 1648 calories, you can't decrease your caloric intake much..if at all.

    That means you need to GRADUALLY increase you daily caloric intake to let's say 2400 calorie a day.

    To gain a GREATER knowledge about this watch Norton's video a few time.

    The reason for watching it a few times is that...

    Learning Is a Repetitive Process

    The more you review information or practice something, the greater you understand/know it and the better your skill becomes.

    That is how you learned your "ABCs" and your mutiplication tables.

    The same applies to learning about training, diet, etc.

    With that said, go do you homework and get smarter.

    Kenny Croxdale

  9. #9
    Newbie


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11
    Rep Points
    10

    Diet is looking brother, get them gainz. Good luck on your cycle.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    afg24's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    At The Gym
    Posts
    651
    Rep Points
    29529872

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Croxdale View Post
    Jumping


    Jumping from 1648 to 2400 calories (increasing your caloric intake 752 per day) over night amount to a...

    "Yo-Yo Diet"

    Research has demonstrated the "Yo-Yo Diet" WILL increase you body fat percentage.

    Your Question...

    tell me that you did NOT watch Norton's "Is Your Weight Loss Diet Making You Fatter?" video seminar.

    There Ain't NO Free Lunch

    Evidently, you don't have enough drive to take the time to learn things.

    You can obtain some snapshots of information from myself and others on this board.

    However, the ONLY way to really be successful is to invest in educating yourself.

    2400 calories

    At you present intake of 1648 calories, you can't decrease your caloric intake much..if at all.

    That means you need to GRADUALLY increase you daily caloric intake to let's say 2400 calorie a day.

    To gain a GREATER knowledge about this watch Norton's video a few time.

    The reason for watching it a few times is that...

    Learning Is a Repetitive Process

    The more you review information or practice something, the greater you understand/know it and the better your skill becomes.

    That is how you learned your "ABCs" and your mutiplication tables.

    The same applies to learning about training, diet, etc.

    With that said, go do you homework and get smarter.

    Kenny Croxdale
    Very informative thanks for sharing

  11. #11
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    15
    Rep Points
    -151083

    Building more muscle mass will require more force in lifting. What I mean by that is the heavier the weight is, as well as how fast you push it, creates force. This force will in turn build more muscle.Your information is very informative and help everyone to choose good diet to build their muscles.

Similar Threads

  1. My current diet, just for fun
    By QuestionGuy in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 09:03 PM
  2. Opinions on current cutting diet? Change?
    By andrew1989 in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 09:56 PM
  3. My current Diet: Now I want to CUT! Help
    By Makram in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-25-2007, 11:33 PM
  4. Current diet
    By phreakypat in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-05-2004, 04:15 PM
  5. Help on current Diet
    By patbuck in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 10:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DISABLED END -->