• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Sugar: a poison

IML Gear Cream!
Yup, I like this page better, same stuff, though.

http://humanfoodproject.com/author/jeff-leach/

The primary issue I take with Paleo is that it was meat heavy. It was likely seasonal and really high in fiber for most of the year. It was also likely highly diverse, not meats. nuts, and a few veggies. Plus the macro profile of the foods was quite different back then. Both that site and the book cover most of that stuff.

I've only watched part but the journalist's attempts to frame the nutrition labels as a cover up of the dangerous sugar contained within is ridiculous. She asks "how are people suppose to know there's 3 and a half teaspoons of sugar in a cup...the label only tells you how many grams, do you know what that means?" I shouldn't have to explain it to anyone here but mass is a better measure of sugar content than volume. It doesn't matter if people can better visualize the amount if they have no context of how much they should consume and if they did have a context it'd be just as easily figured in grams.

4g=1 tsp, 1 tsp is about an 45-60 mins worth of sugar. In other words, to break even most people need no more than 128g of carbs per day if they are basically sedentary, more depending on how much intense activity they do. This, of course, doesn't take in to consideration the amount of sugar your liver and intestines make which is the primary way that sugar found it's way in to the bloodstream for the vast majority of human history.

4g=1 tsp, 1 tsp is about 45-60 mins worth of sugar. In other words, to break even most people need no more than 128g of carbs per day if they are basically sedentary, more depending on how much intense activity they do. This, of course, doesn't take in to consideration the amount of sugar your liver and intestines make which is the primary way that sugar found it's way in to the bloodstream for the vast majority of human history.

Yup, I like this page better, same stuff, though.

http://humanfoodproject.com/author/jeff-leach/

The primary issue I take with Paleo is that it was meat heavy. It was likely seasonal and really high in fiber for most of the year. It was also likely highly diverse, not meats. nuts, and a few veggies. Plus the macro profile of the foods was quite different back then. Both that site and the book cover most of that stuff.

Thanks for this Dale - you're putting up some interesting povs and reference material.

Thanks, Capt'n. If you guys need resources for any particular lifestyle/diet/health thing I have tons of them. It's what I do for a living.

I stopped eating carbs (except from the little i get from certain vegetables) and sugars in March 2013. Since then I have stayed below 10% BF at various weights. Gaining muscle becomes hard sometimes though since I literally never get a hunger feeling so if I get busy, sometimes I won't eat for 24 hours and think nothing of it. I decided to fast for 48 hours a couple of weeks ago. I had nothing but water from 6pm on day one and didn't consume a calorie until 6pm 48 hours later. What happened was freaking amazing, around the 28th hour it was like I went into this amphetamine-like high. My eyes stayed wide open, reflexes became somewhat hyper, and I was extremely focused. I'm not sure if it is some sort of a biological response in order to help you find food so you don't die, but it was freaking awesome. My first "meal" after the fast was a kale/avocado/lime shake, the next 30-45 minutes I walked around in a euphoric high. It changed my outlook on nutrition DRASTICALLY.

Needless to say, I'm not a 220 pounder benching 350 anymore, but I am ripped at 185 lbs and my dick looks huge as a result.

I've only watched part but the journalist's attempts to frame the nutrition labels as a cover up of the dangerous sugar contained within is ridiculous. She asks "how are people suppose to know there's 3 and a half teaspoons of sugar in a cup...the label only tells you how many grams, do you know what that means?" I shouldn't have to explain it to anyone here but mass is a better measure of sugar content than volume. It doesn't matter if people can better visualize the amount if they have no context of how much they should consume and if they did have a context it'd be just as easily figured in grams.

I thought the same thing. It was laughable. Fuck anybody who is too dumb to understand basic measurements. If they are too lazy to take the time to learn how much a gram is, then it really explains a lot about why their are disgusting fat fucks in the first place.

IML Gear Cream!
I stopped eating carbs (except from the little i get from certain vegetables) and sugars in March 2013. Since then I have stayed below 10% BF at various weights. Gaining muscle becomes hard sometimes though since I literally never get a hunger feeling so if I get busy, sometimes I won't eat for 24 hours and think nothing of it. I decided to fast for 48 hours a couple of weeks ago. I had nothing but water from 6pm on day one and didn't consume a calorie until 6pm 48 hours later. What happened was freaking amazing, around the 28th hour it was like I went into this amphetamine-like high. My eyes stayed wide open, reflexes became somewhat hyper, and I was extremely focused. I'm not sure if it is some sort of a biological response in order to help you find food so you don't die, but it was freaking awesome. My first "meal" after the fast was a kale/avocado/lime shake, the next 30-45 minutes I walked around in a euphoric high. It changed my outlook on nutrition DRASTICALLY.

There are a ton of adaptations to fasting. We are built to become more alert when we are fasting, using ketones for fuel increases neurogenesis in the brain so it also improves brain function. The purpose of this is to help us become clever enough to find more food when times are lean.

There are a ton of adaptations to fasting. We are built to become more alert when we are fasting, using ketones for fuel increases neurogenesis in the brain so it also improves brain function. The purpose of this is to help us become clever enough to find more food when times are lean.

I'd be lucky to eat 300g of carbs a week outside of fibrous vegetables.

I completed the following detox/fast this week:

gehena2e.jpg

2 days after my performance at work has noticeably increased. Feel sharp as a tack, or I should say feel like a fog has lifted.

I'd be lucky to eat 300g of carbs a week outside of fibrous vegetables.

I completed the following detox/fast this week:

gehena2e.jpg

2 days after my performance at work has noticeably increased. Feel sharp as a tack, or I should say feel like a fog has lifted.

Damn, that will surely clean out your colon! I get tons of fiber and resistant starch every day (Probably 75g+) just to keep my GI tract healthy. I eat pretty much anything that grows out of the ground or has a face and isn't processed the vast majority of the time, on weekends I drink craft beert. I believe I've found my balance. :)

Back