• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Break from training

Lost Grizzly

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How often do you take a week off from training?

I know this might be a loaded question based on people having different goals.

I work out for my own health and enjoyment and don't plan to enter shows. However I am taking this week off due to being under the weather. I think it has been over 3 months since my last break. I don't schedule breaks, but just take them when sick or on vacation.

Thoughts

I do 4 days on, one day off. I have a bad shoulder and that one day off really helps out. That shoulder is the same reason I put arms or legs in between shoulder and chest days. I cant do overhead lifts 2 days in a row.
Then twice a year, I take a whole week off. That break makes me feel like a new man

We do
Saturday Sunday Tuesday Thursday
Giving the system time to recover
Also deload before competitions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take 5-6 days off every 6-10 weeks of training, depending on what my training phases are like.

I have a difficult time taking a break or deloading but forced myself to deload last week after about 10 weeks of training. Did 65% of the weight I typically use and can't believe the strength I've had this week. Joints appreciated it as well. Going forward, I'm scheduling a deload every 10 weeks or so.

Back