• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

need help on dieting

iSlaNdEr bOy

wOrK iN pRoGrEsS
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I need a lot of help with my diet!!! All my life, I have been fat. 2 years ago I weighed around 240lbs. I began to eat less and now I weigh 210. Mostly i lost most of the weight by trying to eat healthy or not eat at all. Now that I'm really getting into bodybuilding, I want to plan out my diet so I can lose my remaining body fat and maintain the muscle that I have put on.

Here is my current stats and diet:

I'm 24 yrs old
6'0 and 210lbs
I bought one of those three point calipers and the last time I checked I was around 17.2% bodyfat.

Here is my typical meal plan (I know it sucks):

MEAL 1 6:30 AM
2 scoops of Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein
5 mg glutamine
5 mg creatine

MEAL 2 9:30 AM
protein bar usually a detour bar since thats the only one I could stand to eat.

MEAL 3 12:30 PM
costco chicken caesar salad

MEAL 4 3:30 PM
usually another protein bar

MEAL 5 6:30 PM
steak or turkey patty

MEAL 6 9:30 PM
2 scoops of Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein
5 mg glutamine

Sorry about serving sizes. I was looking at the male cutting diet that Dr. Pain posted and want to try it, but I don't know how to measure the food. How do you know how much 8oz of chicken is? Also, when do you guys prepare all that food. I'm still kinda skeptical about eating more to lose weight or bodyfat. Like I said earlier, I've been fat all my life and losing the 30lbs has been great, but the moment I put on a pound or two. . .I usually end up starving myself again.

Ok you have way too many supplements, no carbs, no fats and no veggies. Do you not like carbs? Why don't you eat veggies? You have no solid food here. How do you lift on this? I think your in starvation mode and your body is lacking alot of nutrients.

I would suggest to start adding in some slow burning carbs, veggies, EFA's, REAL FOOD and less protein shakes and get rid of the bars.

Read at the top of this forum Newbies Start Here. You need to learn about proper nutrition. Also read about EFA's and Slow burning carbs.

The reason my diet lacks in all the nutritious foods is because I'm either at school or at work. I'm rarely at home and when I am, I spend every minute of that time with my daughter. But, I'm planning on starting the male cutting diet on Monday. I will also read up on the things you suggested. Thanks for your help jodi. Mostly, I was hesitant on starting the diet because I didn't know how to measure my food, but you helped me out with that too. Thanks again

Alot of us are busy. We have huge coolers and prepare our meals at home the night before and pack our coolers and carry them around with us. :)

What type of whipping cream do you use? Is that like cool whip or is the type of cream you would put in coffee? Sorry if these questions are kinda dumb. I just really have no idea.

No not cool whip. LOL! Its heavy whipping cream or Light Cream. Get the kind that has zero carbs (sugar) or Less than 1 G.

Read those articles and it will give you an idea. You need to learn as well as do. :)

ok, did some reading and now I know what heavy whipping cream is. I don't think cool whip would have worked too good on a cut diet. LOL. Thanks Jodi

Is there anything else that can be used to substitute for milk? I was going to buy some heavy whipping cream but I looked at the nutrition facts and it had like 4 grams of saturated fat per tablespoon.

Derek,
It depends on the persons goals. If you are following a lower carb diet then you need to make up the calories somehow and that is by increasing your fat intake. Granted Heavy Whipping Cream is not like Fish Oil or Flax but as I'm sure you've read saturated fats aren't as bad as everyone originally thought, its transfatty acids that should be our biggest concern.

The cream helps make our shakes taste good and provides a sugar free substitute for milk in our shakes, use it in coffee and some make Ice Cream with it for an occasional treat. Its by no means to replace EFA's.

I kinda figured that, but how can you be sure saturated fats really aren't that bad? I've read different articles that say saturated fats aren't as bad as we thought and i've read some articles that says saturated fats are just as bad as trans fat. I can see how a few grams wouldn't hurt but say you use 2 tablespoons per shake and have 2 shakes. That's like 16 grams just from whipping cream which seems really excessive. And I can see how it can be beneficial for present day but even if they're not as bad as originally thought they are still bad and it seems me to have it that ammount can't be good for long term.

IML Gear Cream!
If your balancing with EFA's than its fine. There are different types of saturated fats. I posted that huge article on saturated fats just for you. Check it out.

Back