• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Christian Thibaudeau on bench pressing

Mudge

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Christian is pretty well respected in most 'circles' but when I came across rule #1 (heavy overhead pressing is a must) I was somewhat skeptical because many powerlifters are the opposite and are careful with excessive shoulder work (this is individual, not the same for everyone). But when I hit #2, he believes he lost MORE than 60 pounds on his bench press because he was in a hot tub and lost 6 pounds??? WOW what bizarre science is this!?!? I would completely look at other things besides the loss of 6 pounds being responsible for such a huge drop in strength, like - benching heavy two days in a row, and maybe he was in the hot tub so long that his body is in some strange extended-relaxed (CNS?) state.

I don't believe everyone is the same when it comes to benching, we have different builds. i.e. some people tend to fail on the bottom of reps and some at the top, me I tend to fail at the top, I can get almost anything half way there but... if the triceps can't finish (long arms) then that is where I tend to fail, nothing sits parked on my chest leaving me totally stuck.

He does endorse the suicide grip though which I'm all for, it takes just once to change someone's mind I'm sure but... thus far, no incidents :)

Its a TNation article if you're curious to read it, I'm not shooting him down but I think he is off base here with some kind of 'science' I'm not familiar with:

http://www.t-nation.com/training/6-heavy-bench-press-lessons

I already do suicide grip on my upper pulling movements. Going to give the pressing movements a try now.

I noticed after every thanksgiving and christmas holiday when I overeat my bench just shoots up.

so is this guy seriously well respected or were you messing around? I mean some makes sense but some made me laugh. your right a suicide grip is nice but one drop will change your mind quick. about 6-7 years ago on rep 8 at almost full extension 365 slipped out of my hand and fell straight to my chest, I have never benched that way again even though I felt more comfortable and stronger that way however I use that grip on military presses still

Back