• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Any programmers ???

ckcrown84

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Am looking to setup a simple "interface" program. Nothing complex and hopefully using open source or even another program that allows me to change the interface and apply our branding

The goal is to consolidate multiple programs into one user friendly interface so users can just click on what they want to start (in some cases that would launch a website in other cases an executable)

Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you're pretty much asking for is a program from scratch that copies several existing programs. I'm going to assume that Windows users are your target demographic. If so, you can just make it in Microsoft Dot Net.

What you're pretty much asking for is a program from scratch that copies several existing programs. I'm going to assume that Windows users are your target demographic. If so, you can just make it in Microsoft Dot Net.

Yes I'm looking for a simple GUI that I can set to mirror our branding (logo and color scheme) and from it access various systems (essentially application "links" that point to other programs on their pc)

This way the user can access all their systems from one GUI without having to go to each program seperately

As DOM said, .NET is the way to go. Download visual studio express for desktops for free.. WPF is prettier but more complicated, so the easiest way would be to create a windows forms app. Drag buttons onto the form designer, and in the button click event handler use process.start to launch another exe... http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/53ezey2s(v=vs.110).aspx. Not sure how dynamic your app will be as far as what it will be launching, but if you're just looking for a simple set of buttons with static targets, that'd probably be the easiest way to start...

As DOM said, .NET is the way to go. Download visual studio express for desktops for free.. WPF is prettier but more complicated, so the easiest way would be to create a windows forms app. Drag buttons onto the form designer, and in the button click event handler use process.start to launch another exe... http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/53ezey2s(v=vs.110).aspx. Not sure how dynamic your app will be as far as what it will be launching, but if you're just looking for a simple set of buttons with static targets, that'd probably be the easiest way to start...

That was actually helpful :)
Being that i haven't programmed before (html years ago) do you have any source code I could look at

Any examples pop into mind

I feel as a newb working from a template would be best

C# or VB? Any preference?

As I said I've never coded before so whatever is most user friendly

I'm ignorant but smart. I can read and manipulate code (I think haha) if I am operating from a template (eg source code) and am therefor just changing targets and removing buttons and images etc
I definitely don't think I could make a nice one from scratch

I prefer C#, but VB is probably a little easier.. I'll write a little app for you to start with.. give me a couple minutes. So you just need a form with a series of buttons that will launch different EXEs, correct?

I will PM you what I am thinking

emailed you the sample i whipped up. good luck!

Back