• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Subway: You can't make this shit up!

ctr10

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
WATCH WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR BODY!!

The bread at Subway, said to be baked fresh, in-house each day, is made with a chemical that is also used to make yoga mats and rubber shoe soles. Well-known food blogger, Vani Hari says it is time to shine a light on the truth, and her work, along with 58,000 supporters, have forced a change: Subway has promised to remove the chemical called azodicarbonamide from its bread.

I have eaten so much subway I probably have part of a yoga mat in my gut

Is too late now!

The principal use of azodicarbonamide is in the production of foamed plastics as an additive. The thermal decomposition of azodicarbonamide results in the evolution of nitrogen, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, and ammonia gases, which are trapped in the polymer as bubbles to form a foamed article.
Azodicarbonamide as used in plastics, synthetic leather and other uses can be pure or modified. This is important because modification affects the reaction temperatures. Pure azodicarbonamide generally reacts around 200 ?C. In the plastic, leather and other industries, modified azodicarbonamide (average decomposition temperature 170 ?C) contains additives that accelerate the reaction or react at lower temperatures.
Azodicarbonamide as a blowing agent in plastics has been banned in Europe since August 2005 for the manufacture of plastic articles that are intended to come into direct contact with food. Yummy.

I am naturally gifted at YOGA? Or so I thought.....hhmm

chYeaaaah and yoga mats might shoot out my butt...

Dam I gaurantee i have a yoga mat inside me. This is amazing

And how exactly is that even good for human consumption!

I guess anything you buy to eat that's $5.00 and is a foot long has gotta be crap ladened.

That's probably not even real lettuce.

The big Philly was awesome though.. I'll take a big philly .... Hold the gym mat plz

WATCH WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR BODY!!

The bread at Subway, said to be baked fresh, in-house each day, is made with a chemical that is also used to make yoga mats and rubber shoe soles. Well-known food blogger, Vani Hari says it is time to shine a light on the truth, and her work, along with 58,000 supporters, have forced a change: Subway has promised to remove the chemical called azodicarbonamide from its bread.
so why is it added, does it make the bread stronger, tastey, cook quicker, a preservative? Do other companies add this to their breads?

did some quick google searching and came up with this

The smell and the lack of space in JDH isn?t all that?s causing complaints about Subway. Recently, uproar has caused Subway to announce they will remove a chemical from their bread that is also found in yoga mats and shoe soles. In bread, it is used as a flour-bleaching agent and to make the dough easier to work with. Already banned in Europe, azodicarbonamide is being phased out in North America.

-- McDonald's uses the chemical in its bakery-style buns, English muffins, Big Mac bun and also in its sesame seed buns.

-- Chick-fil-A is also a user, putting the chemical in its chargrilled chicken sandwich, chargrilled chicken club sandwich and its chicken salad sandwich. (For the record, the Food Babe had a hand in convincing this company to transit away from antibiotics in their chicken meat within five years.)

-- Not to be outdone, Burger King includes azodicarbonamide in a host of its foods: the artisan-style bun, English muffins, French toast sticks, croissants, sesame seed buns and home-style Caesar croutons.

-- Dunkin Donuts puts the chemical in its croissants, Texas toast and Danishes. However, the company may have had a change of heart. A company official told CNBC recently: "We are evaluating the use of the ingredient as a dough conditioner in our products and currently discussing the matter with our suppliers."

-- The little red-haired Wendy's girl may be cute, but the company nonetheless uses the chemical in their premium toasted buns, bagels, Panini bread and sandwich buns.

-- Roast beef chain Arby's is guilty as well, including azodicarbonamide in its sesame seed buns, onion bread, harvest wheat and honey wheat breads, French toast sticks and croissants.

-- More leaps out at you at Jack in the Box than an odd-looking clown character. This chain uses the chemical in its regular buns, jumbo buns, bakery-style buns and grilled sourdough bread.

-- Carl's Jr. includes the chemical in its French Toast Dips, honey wheat bread, sourdough bread and its plain and sesame seed buns.

-- Following in the footsteps of the other restaurant chains, Hardee's buns also include the chemical. Specifically, it is an ingredient in the chain's sourdough bread, hot dog buns, wheat buns, croissants and seeded buns.

-- Last but not least, if Harold and Kumar had only realized that White Castle buns -- along with the chain's French Toast Sticks, Cloverhill Cheese Danish, Cloverhill Big Texas Cinnamon Danish and Awrey Grande Cinnamon Swirl -- also contain the chemical.

Back