• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Stimulation of sperm production by HCG

skinnyguy180

vv MINE!!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
[h=1]Stimulation of sperm production by human chorionic gonadotropin after prolonged gonadotropin suppression in normal men.[/h]
The precise hormonal milieu required for quantitatively normal spermatogenesis in man is unclear. The authors previously have shown that both supraphysiologic dosages of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) and physiologic dosages of human luteinizing hormone (hLH) can reinitiate sperm production in short-term (four months) gonadotropin-suppressed normal men who have prepubertal FSH levels. To determine whether normal FSH levels were necessary to stimulate sperm production after a prolonged period of gonadotropin and testicular suppression, the authors administered hCG to four normal men whose endogenous gonadotropin levels and sperm production were suppressed by prolonged exogenous testosterone (T) administration. After a 3-month control period, all subjects received 200 mg of T enanthate intramuscularly (im) each week to suppress LH and FSH for a total of 9 months and until successive sperm concentrations (performed twice monthly) revealed azoospermia or severe oligozoospermia (mean sperm concentration < 3 ? 10[SUP]6[/SUP]spermatozoa/ml) for 6 months. Then, while continuing the same dosage of T enanthate, all four men simultaneously received 5000 IU of hCG im three times weekly for 6 months, replacing LH-like activity and leaving FSH activity suppressed. The effect on sperm production of the selective FSH deficiency produced by hCG plus T administration after the period of prolonged gonadotropin suppression was determined.

Exogenous T administration resulted in severe suppression of sperm concentrations from 79 ? 7 ? 10[SUP]6[/SUP] spermatozoa/ml (mean ? SEM) during the control period to 0.8 ? 0.5 ? 10[SUP]6[/SUP]/ml after 12 weeks of T treatment. With the addition of hCG to T, sperm concentrations increased significantly in all four subjects, reaching a mean of 24 ? 4 ? 10[SUP]6[/SUP] spermatozoa/ml after 12 weeks of hCG plus T administration. However, no subject achieved sperm concentrations consistently in his own control range during this period. Sperm morphology and motility were consistently normal in all men during hCG plus T administration.

Throughout the entire 9 months of prolonged exogenous T administration alone and 6 months of hCG plus T treatment, serum FSH was reduced to undetectable levels (< 25 ng/ml). Urinary FSH excretion was in the normal adult range during the control period (238 ? 29 mIU/h). FSH excretion was markedly suppressed to the ranges found in prepubertal children and adults with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism during the periods of prolonged T suppression (44 ? 15 mIU/h) and hCG plus T (38 ? 6 mIU/h) administration.

The authors conclude that sperm production can be reinitiated by hCG after prolonged gonadotropin and testicular suppression, despite markedly suppressed FSH levels. Normal levels of FSH are not an absolute requirement for reinitiation of sperm production in gonadotropin-suppressed men. However, since neither supraphysiologic dosages of hCG nor physiologic dosages of hLH are able to return sperm counts to fully normal levels during selective FSH deficiency, it is hypothesized that normal levels of both FSH and LH are necessary for quantitatively normal spermatogenesis in man.

1. Dr. ALVIN M. MATSUMOTO[SUP]1,2,3,*[/SUP],
  2. WILLIAM J. BREMNER[SUP]1,2,3[/SUP]
Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
DOI: 10.1002/j.1939-4640.1985.tb00829.x
1985 American Society of Andrology

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/j.1939-4640.1985.tb00829.x/pdf

^^That is the full study for people much smarter than I.

This is good info for anyone with prolonged gear usage that might want to have kids in the future but currently has low sperm count.

HCG wont do shit but keep your boys from atrophing, may help reduce the speed of recovery, but you want HMG to actually build sperm count.

So your saying the study is wrong? :coffee:

HCG wont do shit but keep your boys from atrophing, may help reduce the speed of recovery, but you want HMG to actually build sperm count.

HCG keeps your boys from atrophying by mimicking LH in the body. LH is directly involved in Spermatogenesis. And what the study has shown is that Sperm production can be brought back to almost normal in a subject that already has reduced sperm count due to prolonged exogenous testosterone while still on testosterone.

Do you have something that shows something other than that?

Also I believe that hmg is to FSH as hcg is to LH and according to the study Fsh was not necessary to raise the sperm count in these subjects. But yes they are commonly prescribed together for infertility patients....such as myself.

HCG is commonly prescribed before HMG in the USA for fertility. The docs usually do sperm counts for up to six months before adding HMG. HCG can be quite effective on its own but obviously not for every fertility problem.

HCG is commonly prescribed before HMG in the USA for fertility. The docs usually do sperm counts for up to six months before adding HMG. HCG can be quite effective on its own but obviously not for every fertility problem.
I actually wondered about this myself... I thought FSH played more of a direct role in sperm production than LH, and I was also under the impression that HMG is to FSH what HCG is to LH as mentioned above. With that said, I wonder why the Docs go right to HCG as opposed to HMG or a combo of both.

Are there more risks associated with HMG use? I'm also surprised that you don't see HMG sold in the same placed that you can get HCG. HCG obviously plays the more important role in test production, but for us younger users who still want to have kids I'd incorporate HMG into a cycle if warranted.

Gotta agree here! I've been on both. One prescribed by doc and one on my own. Doc prescribed hcg and I did hmg myself. My wife and I have been trying to have a second child for 7 years. Sperm count was higher on hmg then hcg. It doesn't matter any more though because we found out the wife has problems too.

I actually wondered about this myself... I thought FSH played more of a direct role in sperm production than LH, and I was also under the impression that HMG is to FSH what HCG is to LH as mentioned above. With that said, I wonder why the Docs go right to HCG as opposed to HMG or a combo of both.

Are there more risks associated with HMG use? I'm also surprised that you don't see HMG sold in the same placed that you can get HCG. HCG obviously plays the more important role in test production, but for us younger users who still want to have kids I'd incorporate HMG into a cycle if warranted.
Getting T levels into the normal range using HCG is also one of the reasons it works for fertility. Low T many times means less sperm. Testosterone (from HCG) helps produce sperm cells and keeps men interested in sex. Injecting T can have the opposite effect on sperm count.

IML Gear Cream!
LH has nothing to do with sperm count. I am seeing a doctor about this right now. The only reason why HCG is prescribed first is it gets your body to produce LH which will stop your boys from going down in hopes of kick starting FSH. But HCG is much cheaper to run then HCG so doctors go to that first.

Example my buddy is 100% shut down 40 year old even off gear for a year can not have kids, he blasted HCG to insane amounts and it did shit. He went on HMG and knocked up his old lady in 2 months. It is the FSH that actually produces sperm. The issue is most places HMG is 30$ a bottle and you run 3 bottles a week to get the full effect of it. With connections it is cheaper and if your getting it us grade the price is much more and most insurance will not cover it. Where HCG is cheap and one bottle will last a life time.

If you want to get your girl knocked up this is an IFBB trick that I was told by a few vets.

150mg test a week
75mg HMG m W f
500iu HCG T T
50mg clomid ed

You can still be physically shut down and HMG will trick your body to produce sperm, which is why its fine to cruise on TRT dose to hold gains.

HCG absolutely has been linked to increased sperm count. Its common in the scientific literature and it personally worked for me. My wife and I tried having kids for 11 years. After about 3-4 months of doctor prescribed HCG at 1,000 iu 3 times weekly my wife got pregnant. My sperm count was taken several times during the HCG administration. I never once used HMG.

The study posted in this thread plus numerous others proves this FACT and so does the experience of many men. HMG may be needed for fertility in some men but to post that "HCG won't do shit" in reference to fertility is just not truthful.

I can speak from experience that HCG helps, but FSH is more important than LH to a degree. Ideally you want both. I ran HCG (and pretty sure it was WAY under dosed) at 1000IU 3x per week IM, and 50mg Clomid ED. In 4 months I went from ZERO/ml sperm to 95M/ml with great motility. So take it for what you will, but I know when its time to knock up the wifey I will be adding these two compounds into my HRT.

My son was conceived after I had been on trt for 3 years with some extra goodies here and there:) Ran 250iu hcg evry week throughout. Not sure how, if at all, that helped...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I named him LittleFucker. Can't wait to hear his name called out at his graduation (proud moment for the fuckers)

It may be thta HCG helps increase sperm count indirectly, through both the maintenance of testicular function, as well as maintaining natural test production, which is crucial for sperm production/maturation.

FSH directly stimulates sperm production, so it tends to work better than HCG alone, but becoming/remaining fertile (such as druing puberty) is a relatively intricate process which requires both testosterone & FSH.

It may be thta HCG helps increase sperm count indirectly, through both the maintenance of testicular function, as well as maintaining natural test production, which is crucial for sperm production/maturation.

FSH directly stimulates sperm production, so it tends to work better than HCG alone, but becoming/remaining fertile (such as druing puberty) is a relatively intricate process which requires both testosterone & FSH.

Mike what if testicular function was shut down for a few years. Do you then think hmg is essential to sperm production?

I echo what Mike said. You need LH, FSH, and Testosterone to create sperm. LH and testosterone can be helped with HCG (but not entirely wrt test as you need test in your testes as opposed to simply free test). FSH can be helped with HMG. Also estrogen can be a problem. Note that it takes about 3 months to create fully developed sperm so there is an inherent wait: it's not immediate.

Also take a look at zinc, folic acid, vitamin E, and arginine for sperm production and production. I was on all of this when my wife and I conceived so anectodatally it seemed to help for me.

Back