• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

At what age would you consider TRT?

malfeasance

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Mid-late 40s here.

Currently on cycle (test 600 NPP 300 weekly).

Not even halfway through, and I feel so great I am really, really not looking forward to coming off again and doing the PCT thing.

Now, I am not your typical candidate for TRT. Everything works down there, daily going at it with younger wife, workout, not necessarily lethargic and all of that, just slowly slipping . . . can obviously tell things are different from in my 30s, but not that bad.

Is there an age where you would consider Just Do It regardless of symptoms or bloodwork?

Thinking of just continuing with 150 mg a week Test E or C after cycle ends. Maybe 200.

I know people preach to younger people on here all the time about this but is there an age at which that preaching stops? Being only a few years away from 50 is giving me a different perspective on this.

Thoughts?

:hmmm:

when you need it is the time..but that's pretty vague in a way...mid 40's recovery from cycles will become much more difficult..e2 automatizes more after 40 which can be problematic also...your most likely in the arena for TRT..if you cant recover you most defiantly are..if you keep cycling its gonna happen..

mood
labs
functions

these will tell the story for ya..

As s2h put it you can't put an age on TRT. Some rare cases require people in the 20's or 30's to be on TRT. Some people make it way past 50 and never need it. Each person needs to listen to the body and make the choice when things aren't the same or don't work any more. Blood work will be the end all 9 times out of 10.

You will need to finish your cycle and complete your PCT to get accurate lab numbers.

When your T is low it doesn't matter what age you are, it's time to consider TRT.
Typically associated with aging men, Low T affects more younger males than you might think.

So by cycling in my 40's I'm inevitably headed towards trt?
42 when I started my first cycle and recovered pretty well...
Year later almost at the end of my 2nd cycle..very pleased with results, but paranoid going into pct now...

when you need it is the time..but that's pretty vague in a way...mid 40's recovery from cycles will become much more difficult..e2 automatizes more after 40 which can be problematic also...your most likely in the arena for TRT..if you cant recover you most defiantly are..if you keep cycling its gonna happen..

mood
labs
functions

these will tell the story for ya..

Exactly ...I needed it in my mid to early 30's for sure ... Every case is completely different

You might want to go to privatemdlabs.com and get the tests. Free T, Total T, Estradiol (female hormone panel very comprehensive per $). I had to quit lifting, start cardio, quit meat and other stuff that increased T naturally. Day of test I did 2 hours of cardio in AM. Then I tested low in PM.

I was 45 when my Dr suggested a mil every two weeks. Since then I have traveled to many different countries and have been able to buy anything I wanted over the counter. Looking back, just like women go through menopause men experience andropause. Everything begins to shift. I am 57 now and the biggest challenge is eating so much. I am hitting the weights very hard and consistently now for the past few weeks (T-C) so I am pinning 1 mil every 5 days. Increases are working.
I am with a new Dr and he put me on the same dose. I have been supplementing with t that I purchase out of the country and it is a smooth tide. I'll have to stop completely for a month before I'll allow him to check my levels. Personally, I would prefer it high, kind of an anti-aging thing. I'll never stop using it. Always open to comments and feedback.

When your T is low it doesn't matter what age you are, it's time to consider TRT.
Typically associated with aging men, Low T affects more younger males than you might think.

28 here. I have been suffering from the effects for over two years. Just started my trt in May and i am starting to not feel like a zombie any more.

I started when I was 49 now 51 I feel awesome on it doc put me on 1.25 every 2 weeks but I've been doing 1.75 every 7 days and it's like night and day different I wanna go to a full 2 or 2.5 a week my workouts are incredible now stronger and more muscular and vascular than I have ever been arms shoulder upper chest lower abs thighs and calves totally veined out I love it

I started when I was 49 now 51 I feel awesome on it doc put me on 1.25 every 2 weeks but I've been doing 1.75 every 7 days and it's like night and day different I wanna go to a full 2 or 2.5 a week my workouts are incredible now stronger and more muscular and vascular than I have ever been arms shoulder upper chest lower abs thighs and calves totally veined out I love it

LOL..so in other words you went from TRT to an actual cycle?

Started when I was 40. Test levels in the low 200's. Not sure when or even if my test levels dropped. Although I have always been active and in the gym for the past 20 plus years I have a feeling my numbers could have been low for a while. I've been very happy with the results from TRT. If I was a couch potato I dont think I would have truly appreciated TRT but being someone who wants to keep pushing and improving physically at 40 +...I love it.

Mid-late 40s here.

Currently on cycle (test 600 NPP 300 weekly).

Not even halfway through, and I feel so great I am really, really not looking forward to coming off again and doing the PCT thing.

Now, I am not your typical candidate for TRT. Everything works down there, daily going at it with younger wife, workout, not necessarily lethargic and all of that, just slowly slipping . . . can obviously tell things are different from in my 30s, but not that bad.

Is there an age where you would consider Just Do It regardless of symptoms or bloodwork?

Thinking of just continuing with 150 mg a week Test E or C after cycle ends. Maybe 200.

I know people preach to younger people on here all the time about this but is there an age at which that preaching stops? Being only a few years away from 50 is giving me a different perspective on this.

Thoughts?

:hmmm:
Cruising on 600 a week currently. Just thought I would provide an update to my February post. I know, I know, not technically TRT, but I have kept ALL the gains from my last cycle.

I'd like to get legal trt now. I'm only 29. Only thing that scares me is someday not being able to have access to test, legally or otherwise.

I had never touched a steroid, PH, or other PED, and I had low T at age 25 or 26 and went a few years before I decided to treat it. You can only get so scrawny/skinny-fat before you need to do something. I was at 250 ng/dL at 25 and eventually 82ng/dL at about 28 when I started TRT. Wish I didn't have to go on for life, but I was miserable and my health was deteriorating. Even my pubertal gyno started to flare up and grow.

I'm still not up to a proper dose because of some doctor bouncing healthcare and insurance switching BS but even at levels still considered low T I feel so much better than at 82ng/dL... I think my grandma had more T :(

if you're done having kids and you need it, it's time for TRT...

Back