• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

TRT newbie - Basic questions

Huaidan7

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hello

I have been reading these boards a lot lately but this is my first time posting. Some information about me: I am 34 years old, 5'10", 290 lbs, acne prone (shoulders, upper back, face). I try to be fairly active (as much as a regular Joe would be anyway) as I do some weight lifting 3-4 times a week for about 30-45 minutes as well as cardio(elliptical, some jogging,) again 3-4 times a week for 30-45 minutes.

The last 10 or so years have been a real struggle as I have steadily been gaining weight despite my best efforts. My exercise habits were about half of what I posted above. Additionally I suffered from constant depression which was compounding the problem.

**Enter TRT**

My doctor run some tests on me and it turns out my Testosterone levels were rather low = 242 (300 - 1080 ng/dL). As a result he put me on 300mg of Test Cyp every 2 weeks. (although I administer it as 150mg every week). I have been on this treatment for about 7 months. My mood has greatly increased and I feel overall better. I am now much better at following the above mentioned exercise routine and have since lost 10lbs (used to be 300).

**my questions**

1) My skin is even more oily than it was before and the acne is also worse. My Dermatologyst has me using tretinoin 0.025% and Clindamycin-Benzoyl topicals and while they have helped my face and part of my arms be fairly clear I have noticed acne showing up sort of everywhere else. I have read about acutane but I rather try something not quite so fierce on the liver yet. Any suggestions besides the 'take extra showers?' - I already do that but I am losing this battle. I understand that the use of an AI or even a 5a-inhibitor like Avodart may help this situation. I defer to your experience.

2) 10 lbs in 7 months does not seem like great progress.... I would think now that I am on par with a regular Joe and I am exercising routinely that I should be losing more weight than that. I am not all flab. There is for sure some good muscle (a little) in me - but there is more fat :( Any suggestion in this area are also welcome

3) Gyno - I have always had (I guess) a mild case of gyno - I thought having some mam-boobs was normal since I am fat. Ever since TRT and the weight lifting, I have put on some definition on my chest (some muscle, enough to know its there) but there is definitely a concentration of 'stuff' (fat?) around my nipples. I also recall some occasions where my nipples were sensitive for no apparent reason. Would you guys recommend a mild dose of some AI to address this issue?

I didn't mean to bombard your with a wall of text for my first post and I really appreciate you taking the time to read this.

Huaidan

[h=2][/h]

2) 10 lbs in 7 months does not seem like great progress.... I would think now that I am on par with a regular Joe and I am exercising routinely that I should be losing more weight than that. I am not all flab. There is for sure some good muscle (a little) in me - but there is more fat :( Any suggestion in this area are also welcome
[h=2][/h]

Diet with some cardio will take the pounds off. Rome wasn't built in a day and it can't be taken down in a day either.

Are you getting regular blood work (BW)? If your doc isn't getting it done you can go to privatemdlabs.com and order a full FEMALE panel and Free Test. You need to know SHGB and FSH too. As your test goes up you'll be tempted to lift heavier, but do the joint strengthening exercises first - don't be like me! But as you lift heavy and eat clean things will clear up. Do you have set macros and calories and weigh your food? Do you eat clean only? I use sparkpeople.com to track macros and calories. You're going the right direction, it seems to me. 300mg every 2 weeks will fk you up, glad you fixed that... and with no AI????????????? Ouch.

Op, follow the advice I gave you on the other thread you started. You need an AI especially now that I know you are overweight and prone to gyno. Folks with higher fat levels will convert more test to e2.

I recommend Aromasin at 12.5 eod. I realize Aromasin half life in the male body is actually very short (~9 hours) and it is quickly eliminated, however, since as soon as it enters your bloodstream it quickly destroys 80-90% of the aromatase enzymes present in your body, it is effective in maintaining significant reductions in estrogen for up to 72 hours after a single 25mg dose. Estrogen levels only begin to rise again after your body has begun to make new aromatase enzymes to replace the ones destro by exemestane.

My blood tests have confirmed this. If I go ed with it I crash hard. If I go every 3rd day I stay in the 20's. If I go every 4 days I only get a slight bump up to high 20's/low 30's.

I've tried adex also and while it worked it messed with my liver enzymes and my SHBG went up.

Aromasin is steroidal and leveled my liver enzymes and lowered my SHBG and also bumped my test higher by a few points.

I found this on another site and it puts things in perspective-

There is a great study on the pharmacokinetics of exemestane (Aromasin) in men which found the following:
-24 hours after one 25mg dose estrogen levels are reduced by 70-80%
-72 hours later estrogen levels are still 40% below baseline even though the drug itself is almost completely eliminated
-120 hours after initial dose estrogen levels return to baseline (without rebounding)

Some guys need a full 25 mg a day, others 12.5 eod, others 12.5 every 4 days and then there are a few who don?t need it at all at 150mg.

I say that to say this-----
You will never know without blood tests. You can guess, theorize and ask other guys all day long but what works for me will not work for you. Get a baseline pulled then add the AI based on your results. After that wait 4 weeks and get bloods done again. Repeat until you hit your sweet spot and reevaluate once or twice a year.

I forgot to address the other issue about weight loss.

You can't serve 2 masters. I don't know many people who can add muscle and lose fat at the same time on test only or natural.
It is simply calories in vs calories out. Excess cals = weight gain and cal deficit = weight loss. When people recommend cardio they are right. Cardio will burn calories which will help cause a deficit ergo weight loss.

Everyone has that friend that can eat pizza and drink beer and still have visible abs. My dad was like that. The man was a pure mesomorph and never touched a weight. I did not inherit that trait. For the rest of us its about intake vs expenditure.

If your goal is fat loss you need to cut your calories. Maybe get a nutritionist to assist.

When I need to cut fat I tend to increase protein, reduce carbs (especially anything refined) and keep my efa's moderate. I go by the mirror more then the scale.

Thank you very much for all the great advise so far. Joining this Forum has been invaluable thus far. On the subject of Aromasin, I do see some of the sponsor research labs here offer it in liquid form. I assume it is the same as the tablet just as long as I measure out the correct dosage.

Next big thing for me to do is to get some blood work done; hopefully I will get on the right track in the next couple of weeks.

Also, please excuse the double post. I though this post had not gone through so I wrote another, smaller one after.

Again thanks everyone for all your great input.

As long as the company you order aromasin from is gtg the product will be the same and act the same. Just check and double check the dosage. Some people have a hard time converting mg/ml to the correct dosages double check before you take it.

Register at privatemdlabs.com and get the full FEMALE panel, free test, SHBG/FSH. You search the nearest labcorp to your home or work - done. Three days and you know. Female panel is like $59. Take it to your doc and say you want this (AI) for your health. If he or she wont let you make your own medical decision for your own body, or aren't comfortable, get a new one. My state lets naturopaths prescribe test and it's the best thing I've done.

Back