• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

Fairly new to TRT

Huaidan7

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hello

I have been on TRT for about 6 months - 300 Test Cyp every 2 weeks. I have always had an issue with acne and oily skin and this has been exacerbated since I started the TRT; This would lead me to believe that it is Estrogen or DHT related (forgive me if I am way off - I am new to this.)

Under this assumption, would an AI like Aromasin or a 5a-inhibitor like Avodart be able to tackle the issue at small dosages?

I defer to your expert advice. Thank you.

Great!
Tthanks for the advice I am for sure going to try that. I heard Acutane is not very liver friendly so I would prefer to stay away from it.

I'd bet that if you did 150 a week instead of 300 every 2 weeks it will improve that issue. I prefer pinning twice a week myself. It will level out your e2 which is probably causing your issues. That alone along with the other advice you got should help out a lot. If it doesn't do it for you then start on the aromasin. I prefer 12.5 (half a pill) every 2-3 days. e2 is the hardest thing to get in line. You're going to need labs to confirm that you need an ai and then labs to confirm your dose. Otherwise your pissing in the wind.

Can't help you on Avodart.

Yes I am going to request labs for this stuff on my next visit.

Regarding the B5 supplement - I read a lot of the Bodybuilders here use it in their cycles for Acne prevention. I wonder, is there any indication that it may lead to hair loss? I only ask because this seemed to come up a lot when I googled panthotenic acid (vit B5)

Sorry one more question for you Mccringleberry - you mentioned a dosage of 12.5 (half a pill) every 2-3 days; Just so I have a point of reference, are you also on TRT? if so what is your dossage?

Yes on TRT for roughly 2 years now. I have a great doc who knows his stuff. I cruise at 200mg per week/500iu HCG twice a week and 12.5 mg of aromasin every 2-3 days. TBH it's usually 3 days between the aromasin instead of 2. Sometimes it's every 4 days. I stay in the high 800-low 900 range and my e2 is usually in the mid 20's. I've come to the point where I can tell when my e2 is starting to get high. I get more emotional and tend to break out more on my back. I also get diminished morning wood and my libido dips a bit. It's pretty subtle at this point but when I first started out it used to get bad. I'd also retain water a lot.

If I start to get stiff joints and have the similar drop in libido and morning wood I Know I tanked the e2. I was at 7 once usinf a-dex and it sucked big time. I'd rather be a little high than a little low.

I'm lucky in that my body doesn't convert test to e2 as much as a lot of people do.

Now a friend who is just like me occasionally blasts at 500-600 mg a week and he is careful to take the aromasin at 12.5 mg every 2 days but again he relies on how he feels.

No matter the dose hairloss isnt an issue so I got nothing to say on that.

E2 is the hardest one to pinpoint. Frequent labs will help until you get used to how things feel when your too low or high.

Yes I am going to request labs for this stuff on my next visit.

Regarding the B5 supplement - I read a lot of the Bodybuilders here use it in their cycles for Acne prevention. I wonder, is there any indication that it may lead to hair loss? I only ask because this seemed to come up a lot when I googled panthotenic acid (vit B5)

Hadn't heard of people experiencing hair loss due to B-5. I have heard of people taking it to prevent baldness but have no idea if it's effective in that regard.
I know my skin stays clearer if I use it on cycle.
I use it in lower amounts when not on cycle because it does help keep my skin and my hair looking good. I notice a difference if I stop.

BTW: If you're worried about hair loss and prone to MPB TRT may not be right for you. Any amount of AAS will have androgenic side effects, if you're prone to MPB you're going to lose your hair, no matter what. AAS will speed up that process. If you're not prone to MPB then TRT shouldn't be too harsh on your hairline, just keep an eye on DHT levels.

Thanks for the help so far guys.

Thankfully I am not prone to MPB (at least not yet - Full Thick hair @ 34) but, if at all possible, i hope to avoid doing things that would attack my hair. Paranoid - if I may ask you to clarify a little when you say "lower amounts when on cycle," do you mean you take higher amounts while NOT on cycle or none at all? Also what is considered a lower amount?

Back