• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bible stories are fables according to Pope Francis

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
http://www.naijaurban.com/no-hell-fire-adam-eve-not-real-pope-francis-exposes/

"Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God."

i really pissed people off in here a long time ago saying the bibles was full of fables and folklore.... :nerd:

every new pope is chosen not for his spiritual and religious qualities...but for his ability to deal with church's needs.
this pope was chosen cause the church was losing a lot of consensus and credibility.think about john paul II, a polish pope, the first non-italian pope after something like 4 or 5 centuries..."accidentally" chosen when mother russia had a lot of power,and "someone" wanted to fight back that power.
and that's just the iceberg tip,cause if u go and dig into church history,in the last centuries,u can find out really interesting things ;)
and don't say no,I respect u if u believe in catholicism,but I'm italian,so it's my history,my politics,and I can tell u for sure there's a lot of huge lies and shit going on in vatican city ;)

I CALL BULLSHIT!

1) What is being attributed to Pope Francis?

Among other things, he is claimed to have said:
?Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God? Pope Francis declared.
In a speech that shocked many, the Pope claimed ?All religions are true, because they are true in the hearts of all those who believe in them. What other kind of truth is there? In the past, the church has been harsh on those it deemed morally wrong or sinful. Today, we no longer judge. Like a loving father, we never condemn our children. Our church is big enough for heterosexuals and homosexuals, for the pro-life and the pro-choice! For conservatives and liberals, even communists are welcome and have joined us. We all love and worship the same God.?

2) Where did the hoax come from?
It originally appeared on a blog called Diversity Chronicle.
The post that contains it apparently was written by the site?s creator, Erik Thorson.
Subsequently, the story has been recycled elsewhere on the Internet, such as in the ?Entertainment? section of VacancyNigerians.com.

3) How do we know it?s a hoax?
Through several means. One is the fact that the piece itself claims Pope Francis was speaking at the conclusion of the Third Vatican Council:
For the last six months, Catholic cardinals, bishops and theologians have been deliberating in Vatican City, discussing the future of the church and redefining long-held Catholic doctrines and dogmas. The Third Vatican Council, is undoubtedly the largest and most important since the Second Vatican Council was concluded in 1962. Pope Francis convened the new council to ?finally finish the work of the Second Vatican Council.? While some traditionalists and conservative reactionaries on the far right have decried these efforts, they have delighted progressives around the world.
The Third Vatican Council concluded today with Pope Francis announcing that Catholicism is now a ?modern and reasonable religion, which has undergone evolutionary changes.
Of course, there has been no Third Vatican Council.
If there had been, it would have been all over the news for months, and every semi-informed Catholic would be aware of it.
Ecumenical councils are huge events in the life of the Church, and modern media and the Catholic Internet would have focused on it intensively.

4) How else do we know it?s a hoax?
The site which originated it contains a disclaimer, which states:
The original content on this blog is largely satirical.
?I ceased in the year 1764 to believe that one can convince one?s opponents with arguments printed in books. It is not to do that, therefore, that I have taken up my pen, but merely so as to annoy them, and to bestow strength and courage on those on our own side, and to make it known to the others that they have not convinced us.? ? Georg Christoph Lichtenberg.
It is in the spirit of the above quote that I write. Who am I you may ask? My name is Erik Thorson. I created this blog for my own personal amusement.

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimm...oax-5-things-to-know-and-share/#ixzz2uiu6k5Re

^beat me to it. This story came across my facebook feed and I was very encouraged by what I read until I realized it was a repost of a satire piece.

http://www.naijaurban.com/no-hell-fire-adam-eve-not-real-pope-francis-exposes/

"Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God."

i really pissed people off in here a long time ago saying the bibles was full of fables and folklore.... :nerd:

How many years did it take the church to change its opinion?

azza said until little boy rapping is mandatory that he will not rejoin the church

yeah, the joke says it after all those killings sanctioned by the church and now we should believe him, right. If you ever believed that shit you're just gullible and deserve to give these mobsters your 10%.

yeah, the joke says it after all those killings sanctioned by the church and now we should believe him, right. If you ever believed that shit you're just gullible and deserve to give these mobsters your 10%.
how does the search sanction killings? for as long as I have been alive I have only heard the church speak against war. I know barbarians fight in the name of their god doesn't mean the church approved it

how does the search sanction killings? for as long as I have been alive I have only heard the church speak against war. I know barbarians fight in the name of their god doesn't mean the church approved it

That's the modern day church, always shucking and jiving and changing their stance to fit into modern day society. Way back during the inquisition if you didn't buy into and believe they burnt you at the stake. STUPID shit too, like we were the center of thw universe and everything revolved around the earth, which many knew that wasn't the case, we are helio centric. This led geniouses like da vinci and copernicous to create the illuminati.

Some unfortunate souls still think of the bible is a factual history book.

IML Gear Cream!
dammit. i still stand by my statement that it's a fable though... and fable is putting it nicely.

whoever first reposted satire as fact is kind of an ass. people like him and pay attention to what he says. it's a bit funny that the non religious folk might believe this but not cool that it will wrongly upset a lot of people. people are saying he's going to hell...

Are you guys atheists too!?!?!?! Man I love this place more and more!!

"With out gods, all we have is each other"
~ Madelyn Murray O'Hair ~

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

at least i got to unwrap the gifts from santa claus when i was a kid, the ones the priests gave me literally got jammed down my throat......

nikos - 2009

Back