• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

When to put on the brakes?

sneedham

VP of LIFE
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How often do you recommend taking time off from intense training? :shooter:

Me personally I usually cant go beyond sept, oct . My body is broken down big time after the hard and heavy training that goes on from right around the 1st of the year hard through the summer ... And truth be told once I come of the gear the pains that set in are just unbearable . To put it simply I think your body will let you know when to break . Just have to be smart enough to hear it and listen to it

Thanks,
I think I am about ready for a break soon.

Maybe if ya take it sooner rather than later the break wont have to be so long ... Maybe :winkfinger:

I take every 3rd day off from weights. Every now and then I'll do cardio that day or some calves/ab work.. Think it really depends on your training style..

I schedule down time from training according to my cycles. I train hard and heavy during a blast and during cruise I drop the intensity to light maintenance mode.

I schedule down time from training according to my cycles. I train hard and heavy during a blast and during cruise I drop the intensity to light maintenance mode.

That makes sense try to keep what you gained and take it easy on the joints for a while...

This Message Was Sent By ME!!!!!

i take Thanksgiving week off every year....and the week of spring break...i don't train more then 4 days a week...and rarely ever more then 2 days in a row...

I take a 5 days off every 6-10 weeks depending on the kind of training I'm doing.

It's important to take time off BEFORE your body is feeling rundown because you want to avoid a state where your body is regressing instead of progressing. I think it's much more effective to train right up to the borderline of being overtrained instead of actual overtraining.

When/how long to take time off is different for everyone. It takes experience and journal-ing. It depends on a lot of factors: calorie levels, training parameters (intensity, frequency, volume), age, general stress tolerance.

IML Gear Cream!
I agree that it varies for every lifter. Years of experience and training level make a huge difference. By training level I mean are you an elite level lifter or a beginner? If your body is at a peak level of development vs a beginner or intermediate level, time off is very different. In general, most lifters take too little time off, given our natural desire to make gains. For me, cycling into a less-intense form of training was always a way to give my body a break, and get ready for a long, intense cycle of high intensity lifting. Taking a week off once or twice a year at least does not seem excessive to me.

I train 5 days a week with an occasional week break or two all year round. I just cycle my workouts as to not put too much strain on my joints and ligaments, and to not over train.
I'm always changing reps, weight, super sets, tri sets, giant sets and volume, everything really. Not just to not hurt myself, but to keep it fresh and keep me interested and focused.

I don't schedule my breaks. I get my breaks when on vacation or when I come down with a cold. That alone gives my body what works for me.

Following on bulking or cutting period, I'll take it easy on the weights for about 4 weeks like doing some full body training 2x a week.

As for completely resting up, if i'm feeling really beat up I won't even look at a weight for 3 weeks or so.

I try not to train more than 2 days in a row but if I do a 3rd it's an easier one. I train 4/wk. I go through different phases where I change intensity and weights used. I normally do 6-8 wk phases from heavy to drop sets & super sets. I don't generally take set times off and do not like to take more than 2 weeks at a time for holidays but would normally train at maintenance level as it takes too much time to get back into training.

It varies for everyone when to take a break but the diet plays a big part to your general recovery

maybe no hard and fast rule. but if you are burnt out and injured allow yourself a little time to recuperate and get your desire back.

Back