Love handles we all dislike

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Registered User
    MakkawyMo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    AMA ARMY
    Posts
    20
    Rep Points
    1442772

    Love handles we all dislike

    Diet is usually the common answer found when I read about losing love handles. I myself have them and dislike that a lot. They widen my lower waist area and looks horrible when comparing to my overall physique. Any success stories on ridding these ugly things? Im an Endomorph btw.

  2. #2
    DRSE
    SUPER MODERATOR
    dieseljimmy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    chicagoland
    Posts
    6,931
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Don't eat sugar for a month. Get up and so some cardio every morning before you eat anything. Pack a cooler cook everything. Drink twice as much water as you want to. Don't make excuses that your tired... get in there and SFW


  3. #3
    Registered User
    MakkawyMo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    AMA ARMY
    Posts
    20
    Rep Points
    1442772

    Thanks i will try and let you know how it goes.

  4. #4
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Lehigh Valley
    Posts
    19
    Rep Points
    2166089

    exactlyyy!!!! only way!!!

  5. #5
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    It also comes down to genetics. Certain body parts are the last to lose fat, usually the stomach for men and hips for women. What's your body-fat percentage?


  6. #6
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    50
    Rep Points
    4401573

    Quote Originally Posted by DOMS View Post
    It also comes down to genetics. Certain body parts are the last to lose fat, usually the stomach for men and hips for women. What's your body-fat percentage?
    That's my problem.

  7. #7
    AG is my home
    futureMrO's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Neverland Ranch
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Points
    779706865

    Quote Originally Posted by DOMS View Post
    It also comes down to genetics. Certain body parts are the last to lose fat, usually the stomach for men and hips for women. What's your body-fat percentage?
    lol genetics suck haha i hold no fat in my upper body, its all around my lower back, hips and lower stomach
    having abs because you are skinny is like a women having tits because she's fat

  8. #8
    Registered User
    MakkawyMo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    AMA ARMY
    Posts
    20
    Rep Points
    1442772

    Around 12-13 %
    I've been doing cardio lately. Would you say Stairmaster is better than a treadmill ?

  9. #9
    Registered User
    VanessaNicole's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    393
    Rep Points
    3270318

    Hi.

    In addition to the comments above, there is mounting evidence that food choices do, in fact, affect body weight distribution in reference to VAT, or visceral abdominal fat.

    The bright side is that because this particular weight distribution is readily mobilized, it's usually quite responsive to training and diet changes!

    First of all, I echo the comment above about avoiding refined sugars. You should also avoid refined flour, instant oatmeal--things like that.

    Secondly, increase your intake of poly and monounsaturated fats--avocado, nuts, PB, olive oil, etc...And absolutely avoid trans fats, and excessive saturated fats, particularly when they are combined with sugar.

    Next, fasted cardio--visceral fat stores really respond to this in my humble opinion.

    Am I understanding correctly that you are lean everywhere except this area? Do you think you could build some more lean mass in order to improve proportions and increase BMR?
    The more
    The marble wastes,
    The more the statue grows.

    Michelangelo

  10. #10
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    121
    Rep Points
    5941657

    Quote Originally Posted by VanessaNicole View Post
    Hi.

    In addition to the comments above, there is mounting evidence that food choices do, in fact, affect body weight distribution in reference to VAT, or visceral abdominal fat.

    The bright side is that because this particular weight distribution is readily mobilized, it's usually quite responsive to training and diet changes!

    First of all, I echo the comment above about avoiding refined sugars. You should also avoid refined flour, instant oatmeal--things like that.

    Secondly, increase your intake of poly and monounsaturated fats--avocado, nuts, PB, olive oil, etc...And absolutely avoid trans fats, and excessive saturated fats, particularly when they are combined with sugar.

    Next, fasted cardio--visceral fat stores really respond to this in my humble opinion.

    Am I understanding correctly that you are lean everywhere except this area? Do you think you could build some more lean mass in order to improve proportions and increase BMR?

    Some very good points, particularly the addition of LMB to help proportions. If it is really due to genetics, another consideration is coolsculpting. I decided to give it a try about 4 months ago and have to say it noticeably reduced my love handles and lower belly fat, stubborn areas for me.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    VanessaNicole's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    393
    Rep Points
    3270318

    Quote Originally Posted by brickshthouse79 View Post
    Some very good points, particularly the addition of LMB to help proportions. If it is really due to genetics, another consideration is coolsculpting. I decided to give it a try about 4 months ago and have to say it noticeably reduced my love handles and lower belly fat, stubborn areas for me.
    Unless it's surgical, it's bunk.

    Also, a single strand of human DNA contains at least 3 billion coding units for every single potential phenotype, and the same code is present in every single cell in your body--Not a single one of those codes is for love handles.

    Unless you have a serious chromosomal disorder, or a nasty mutation, gene's cannot be blamed for excess fat storage anywhere on the body.

    Also, there is a genetic order for distribution (although, if you don't over consume excess food energy you won't store extra), and if you use surgical techniques to remove the fat cells in a particular area, the fat will be stored in the secondary storage areas--like, say, the face. Or the back of the arms.

    And if you have excess fat stores that you are not able to get rid of through diet and exercise, you will likely regain any weight removed surgically. Which, horrifically, can give you a FAT FACE. Or whatever other area is next up.

    In conclusion, I don't even need to know what this is to know that it's spam.
    The more
    The marble wastes,
    The more the statue grows.

    Michelangelo

  12. #12
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    121
    Rep Points
    5941657

    Quote Originally Posted by VanessaNicole View Post
    Unless it's surgical, it's bunk.

    Also, a single strand of human DNA contains at least 3 billion coding units for every single potential phenotype, and the same code is present in every single cell in your body--Not a single one of those codes is for love handles.

    Unless you have a serious chromosomal disorder, or a nasty mutation, gene's cannot be blamed for excess fat storage anywhere on the body.

    Also, there is a genetic order for distribution (although, if you don't over consume excess food energy you won't store extra), and if you use surgical techniques to remove the fat cells in a particular area, the fat will be stored in the secondary storage areas--like, say, the face. Or the back of the arms.

    And if you have excess fat stores that you are not able to get rid of through diet and exercise, you will likely regain any weight removed surgically. Which, horrifically, can give you a FAT FACE. Or whatever other area is next up.

    In conclusion, I don't even need to know what this is to know that it's spam.

    My comments were my opinion that were shared with the OP. Zeltiq may not work for everyone, but it sure does work for quite a few people including myself. The fat reduction I experienced was not extreme, but it also has not been followed by fat gain in other areas. I have been on this board for ~4 years and did not chose to start spamming with that post. You made a legitimate comment about gaining fat in other areas, but the post was not spam. If the OP is interested, look into Zeltiq, if not ignore the post. No harm either way. Best of luck with the love handles.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Getbig2's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    282
    Rep Points
    16970287

    Great advice here
    Still looking for a good sponsor to put in my Signature!!

  14. #14
    I pooped today...
    2B1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    1888 Franklin Street
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Points
    292993907

    Good stuff in here... I'm getting educated... Thanks!
    Everything I say is for entertainment purposes only.
    I do not condone the use of illegal substances.
    I pooped today...


Similar Threads

  1. love handles
    By denny malone in forum Training
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 08:14 PM
  2. love handles
    By Hutz in forum Training
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-17-2005, 08:58 AM
  3. Love Handles!
    By Lifta4Life in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2004, 02:32 PM
  4. love handles
    By CreaKid13 in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 04:29 AM
  5. love handles
    By Diesel in forum Training
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-21-2002, 07:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->