NapsGear.net

Training partner

Rep Points

Training partner

Just curious to see who have one and do you think it give you the motivation to train harder to reach your goals, I train along 99% of the time I work shift work so it's hard to have a set time to grind.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I used to train with a buddy who was dedicated like I was. We trained together for awhile and I got the best results of my life. It would be great to train with someone again.

Rep Points

Finding a partner is tricky. I had a great partner way back until he moved. Nowadays, I train alone and feel better this way. Gave a few partners a try but I can't take the complaining, moans & groans. Training solo until further notice.

As for finding a spot, I just ask another gym goer.

YOU ME WE
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I had a great wo partner before I moved here. Always motivated each other, always knew the exact amount to help with a spot. And we were friends outside the gym too.

Funny, cause I was able to talk a neighbor into wo with me.

He only showed up once and never again.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I never really had a training partner that I didnt pay as a trainer. Now I go solo or with the wife... Hell I trust her more to spot me than half the idiots in the gym...Plus we have power racks I will use one those if i end up needing a spot.

Rep Points

For years I trained with a powerlifting team. Very nice to be around others with similar goals and intensity. Nice to always have a spotter handy, too. You can learn to train very effectively and efficiently on your own however, if need be. These days I rarely train with anyone else.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    For years I trained with a powerlifting team. Very nice to be around others with similar goals and intensity. Nice to always have a spotter handy, too. You can learn to train very effectively and efficiently on your own however, if need be. These days I rarely train with anyone else.
    I may add to this that I have learned to train more efficiently alone being that I can't ask for a spotter to help. I've gained a better mind muscle connection as a result.

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I hate training with people. It fucks up my concentration and timing. For me, training is about focus and being in the moment. It might be the closest thing to spirituality I will ever get. People just get in the way of that.
    Fucking Determined!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    I hate training with people. It fucks up my concentration and timing. For me, training is about focus and being in the moment. It might be the closest thing to spirituality I will ever get. People just get in the way of that.
    My girlfriend tried to come with me to workout and i stopped her dead in her tracks. Gym time is my time.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by AllergicToApples View Post
    My girlfriend tried to come with me to workout and i stopped her dead in her tracks. Gym time is my time.
    Dude you missing out... My wife trains with me sometimes and it get her horny as hell plenty of befits after.

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I've been training for the past 9 years, and I've almost exclusively trained by myself, and it is definitely my M.O. when it comes to training. I rarely find myself wishing I had a training partner. Training to me is 100% selfish; I want to do it whenever and however I want to do it, within my own limitations. Training time is my time, and I refuse to let it happen otherwise.

That's the problem with a training partner, it is hard to find someone who has the same caliber of motivation as you do. Things get problematic when two partners have differing values when it comes to training. Even people with the same motivation level have different training personalities that might not work well together. I need quiet and focus while some people like to get rowdy and talk a lot.

All that being said, I've had a few training partners. Only one ever worked out with me, but even then it was only for a few months. He basically just did whatever I did, so that made it easy.

Fuck, I'd train at a home-gym if it was a viable option.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Your diet will set you free.

I hate exercise, I love training.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    Same here buddy.

It's turn up the tunes and zone out.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by AllergicToApples View Post
    Haha... I've had my wife come with me to the weight room a couple times. I've been teaching her some new things and I enjoy it. I told her that I will only train her as long and she listens to me 110%. She kept questioning me and kept complaining... Now I just kinda skate around the idea.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

IMO a wo partner is great and most def helps with motivation as long as they are serious about training. Dude I'm working out with right now brings a lot to the table he does his research and knows his shit. I learn a lot from him and he learns a lot from me.

Rep Points

I get a lot out my WO when I train with my buddy we just click perfect we both got the music blasting no talking at all we just know each other well, he pushes me since he is bigger and stronger we just don't get to train tighter that often.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyB View Post
    Dude you missing out... My wife trains with me sometimes and it get her horny as hell plenty of befits after.
    Lmfao

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tbjeff View Post
    Haha... I've had my wife come with me to the weight room a couple times. I've been teaching her some new things and I enjoy it. I told her that I will only train her as long and she listens to me 110%. She kept questioning me and kept complaining... Now I just kinda skate around the idea.
    Yea man, my girlfriend is nowhere near athletic & has never stepped foot in a gym period. It doesn't sound like a good idea to me lol.

Head Pooh Bear

Rep Points

Easier to work out alone. And if you bring your wife you can't stare at the milfs

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Big Puppy View Post
    Easier to work out alone. And if you bring your wife you can't stare at the milfs
    This is true.

Dear god I've been seeing some specimens lately. I try and wear my hat low but fuck, I must look like a creep sometimes.