IronMag Research Chems

will donating a regular amount of blood still lower hematocrit?

Rep Points

will donating a regular amount of blood still lower hematocrit?

will donating a regular amount of blood still lower hematocrit even if not a double red. I made an appt in two hours from now and all they had was a single donation, not double red donation so I took it seeing how i don't know when I can go again due to work. I also don't know my blood type. Reason I ask is I had a thread a few weeks back posting blood results and had an 18.4 hematocrit. I dropped my dose to 180 mgs a week but would also like to drop levels even lower by donating. Thanks in advance guys.

VP of LIFE
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Yes but I cannot tell you the exact number. Since starting trt I have donated blood about every three months consistently and am still in the normal range. Remember everyone is different. But imo I believe lowering dose and donating should help you. Blood work should still be done..

This Message Was Sent By ME!!!!!
    ?This message was sent using true power!!!

Rep Points

As stated by sneed, if yours runs high, lower the doses, and yes, donate blood. I go every two months. Also, if yours is high now, I'd recommend an 81mg aspirin/day.

Rep Points

Btw, your 18.4 is your hemoglobin number, not hemocrit. Mine runs 18-19. I'll donate blood every two months to lower it. look for these three things:
    red blood cell count
    hemoglobin
    hemocrit
    All three of mine are usually elevated during blasts, and run the high-normal end on trt/deca.

Rep Points

I forgot to ask.
    What elevations do you live in? (i'm 5 feet above sea level, and my hemo still runs high. If I lived in Montana... Ouch!)
    Do you smoke?
    Yes, some bodybuilders smoke. Markus Ruhl smokes, or did back when. No, I have no clue how he "controlled" hemo levels with smoking + loads of gear. Understand some guys can get away with things for decades vs others who couldn't get away with it for a day. Genetics...

Rep Points

I just got back from donation. I do not live in high altitude and was a light smoker, don't anymore. And do take asprin already. I just want to get my Hemo levels in normal range. Was gonna do a 10 week cycle of 300 mgs test 400 mgs tren E for 10 weeks in May. But I could't start it on good conscious knowing my hem levels were high before the cycle even started. So I hope a 120 mg drop of test to 180 a week for 2 months and a blood donation will lower levels. Hopefully I can get into high 16s. Not that thats great but atleast in normal range. And all my other bloodwork came back good. So I atleast know what to keep an eye on now. Glad I went and got the intial blood work when I did.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by jshel12 View Post
    I just got back from donation. I do not live in high altitude and was a light smoker, don't anymore. And do take asprin already. I just want to get my Hemo levels in normal range. Was gonna do a 10 week cycle of 300 mgs test 400 mgs tren E for 10 weeks in May. But I could't start it on good conscious knowing my hem levels were high before the cycle even started. So I hope a 120 mg drop of test to 180 a week for 2 months and a blood donation will lower levels. Hopefully I can get into high 16s. Not that thats great but atleast in normal range. And all my other bloodwork came back good. So I atleast know what to keep an eye on now. Glad I went and got the intial blood work when I did.
    You basically did all you can do by donating blood. I don't know of any medications that bring down high hemo levels. This is one part of gear use that drives me nuts as it didn't occur when I was younger. These days, I stick with lower doses, and get labs done + the every two months blood donations. And no question, labs are paramount. I have six complete blood workups done per year.