• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Road To the Arnold

ckcrown84

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Alright,

Below is my Roadmap to compete in the Arnold Classic next year. Working hard, and have achieved a lot in my sport. Come a long long way, especially considering I am relatively new to the sport. I have only been power lifting for a year, but I have of course always "worked out"

Next year I plan to compete in the Arnold Classic. I plan to compete in the Bench Only and the XPC Bench bash. I also hope to be able to qualify for a full meet. Either way this is a hell of an accomplishment. Few have achieved my level of pressing ability and over the next year I hope to really accomplish a lot.

XPC Qualifying Totals can be found:
http://www.xpcpowerlifting.com/qualify/totals/

I am qualified as a Pro Lifter, so to make qualifications I will need to bench the following:
445lbs at 198lbs bodyweight.
495lbs at 220lbs bodyweight.

I hope to accomplish one of these in June, but in truth I will bench over 445 this April... however my current Bodyweight is 215lbs.

To qualify for full power I will need to make the following totals.
1675lbs at 198lbs bodyweight.
1760 at 220lbs bodyweight.

A slow slow grind will get me there.

In truth I will be BLESSED if I can compete among the very best in the world in bench press this next Arnold...

Currently I am well lined up to smash a 445lbs bench this April. I compete again in June and will try to smash that 445 at 198...

In the above video last week I smashed 430lbs for 3 reps with a buffalo bar (which is much harder than a normal bar due to increased ROM).

I am truly blessed and hope I can keep my training honed in and compete at the Arnold Classic next year with the best pressers in the world.

Thanks for EVERYONE'S support.

My Prior competition totals can be found at:

http://www.revolutionpowerlifting.com/results/2013/XXX13.html
http://www.southernpowerlifting.com/contest_results.php?id=261

And in an overall, across ALL federations in the USA I am ranked 27th place in bench...

Attachments

• Bench.jpg
    Bench.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 12
eme6yzy3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always pushing yourself.....always raising goals.....always gaining size and strength.....hhhmmmmm is there a lesson to be learned here?

Keep aiming high bro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

you made that 430 look super easy...
i'm guessing you could hit the 445 right now

what does the curve in that bar do for you?

you made that 430 look super easy...
i'm guessing you could hit the 445 right now

what does the curve in that bar do for you?

Several things
The bar is thicker in the hands just like a meet bar
The curved bar stresses the lats more which is important on a PL bench
The curved bar is awkward you must conquer it
And lastly and arguably more important the curvature makes the range of motion greater, you gotta go farther down to touch the chest, farther than a straight bar. Thus making the lift harder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck and keep us up to speed on your progress. 445 does not look like it will be an issue.

Back