Use Coupon Code SPOOK25 for 25% Discount!

I seen this diet but dont know the name could this work for cutting? HELP!

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Registered User
    nflmak's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    42
    Rep Points
    1546664

    I seen this diet but dont know the name could this work for cutting? HELP!

    Basically Monday and Tuesday you eat high fat high protein and low carbs. Wednesday you fast for 24 hrs. Thursday and Friday low carb low fat high protein. Then Saturday and Sunday you reload with high carbs low fat and moderat protein. So I seen this diet posted by a guy name Elliott Hulse and those are the basics. Anyone heard of this diet or tired it? Im currently on the Anabolic diet so it wouldnt be that hard for me to do this since im basically doing this minus the fasting on wed and low fat on thursday and friday. Any input? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    flood's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    229
    Rep Points
    15141365

    where did u seen it
    Everything I type is intended as humor, entertainment, or research.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    nflmak's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    42
    Rep Points
    1546664

    Quote Originally Posted by flood View Post
    where did u seen it
    It was on a youtube link here is the link if you want to check it out it seems like its similar to the Anabolic diet but with a fasting day and 2 low fat low carb days. Just curious would it work and what is the fasting day for does it help in loosing fat?

  4. #4
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Posts
    775
    Rep Points
    47714078

    Quote Originally Posted by nflmak View Post
    Basically Monday and Tuesday you eat high fat high protein and low carbs. Wednesday you fast for 24 hrs. Thursday and Friday low carb low fat high protein. Then Saturday and Sunday you reload with high carbs low fat and moderat protein. So I seen this diet posted by a guy name Elliott Hulse and those are the basics. Anyone heard of this diet or tired it? Im currently on the Anabolic diet so it wouldnt be that hard for me to do this since im basically doing this minus the fasting on wed and low fat on thursday and friday. Any input? Thanks.
    "A camel is a horse designed by a committee."

    It means that when you get a bunch of people together (or combine a lot of different ideas) to improve ANYTHING, you end up with something is completely different.

    In other words, it is a...

    Hybrid Diet

    It's bits and pieces of every other diet thrown in together.

    Hybrid = Half of one thing and half of another. The technical term is, "Half Ass".

    The primary reason that it works is that you take is you have decreased you caloric intake.

    Foundation of Weight/Fat Loss

    The foundation of EVERY weight loss program is taking in fewer calories than you burn.

    That means NO diet that does not first address decreasing/expending more calories than you need will every work for weight/fat loss.

    Thus, EVERY diet in which you have a calorie deficit will work.

    24 Hour Fast

    Your are definitely decreasing your daily/weekly caloric intake by fasting.

    There is not much value in fasting. You going to feel like crap.

    It is also becomes mentally tough to starve yourself.

    Fast Weight Loss = More Muscle Loss

    Any fast weight loss program is going to decrease a larger percentage of your muscle mass.

    Think of it like trimming fat off meat.

    When you chop it off quickly, you end up cutting more of the meat/muscle off.

    If you take your time and trim it slowly, you get more fat off and keep more of the meat/muscle.

    Macros

    There is definitely something to manipulating the percentage of carbohydrate, protein and fat in your diet.

    However, the FIRST step in weight loss is to decrease you caloric intake.

    Drs. John Ivy and Layne Norton

    Ivy is an Exercise Physiologist and Norton is a Nutritionist.

    Both have presented documented research that shows that the most effective method of decreasing body fat and retaining muscle mass is to to gradually decrease you caloric intake.

    Dropping Calories

    The data shows that decreasing your caloric intake by about 10% works best.

    Example: 3000 kcal Day Intake

    Decrease you caloric intake about 300 kcal a day.

    So, instead of ingesting 3000 kcal a day, you are now taking in 2700 kcal a day.

    Other on this board have posted the same information.

    Sticking Point

    Every weight/fat loss diet has a sticking point.

    That occurs due to...

    The General Adaptation Syndrome

    In plain English, that means you body "Resets your metabolism" and learns to maintain body fat and muscle on you new lower caloric diet.

    That means weight loss will take place for 2 - 4 weeks. Then your body will figure it out and learn to maintain you weight.

    Rebooting You Weight/Fat Loss

    Once you hit your sticking point, you need to once again decrease you caloric intake about 10%.

    Example: 2700 kcal A Day

    Take you kcal a day down to about 2430 kcal a day (2700 X 10% = 270. 2700 - 270 = 2430).

    Goal Weight

    Once you reach your goal weight, you gradually increase you caloric intake every so slowly.

    While you will have some increase in body fat, the gradual increase in kcals insures that it is more muscle than fat.

    Yo-Yo Diet

    Dropping weight and increasing your kcals too high too quickly falls into "Yo-Yo Dieting".

    Research has shown that you end up gaining more fat back.

    Summary

    The Hybrid Diet will work but it is senseless.

    The Hybrid Diet is like using a sledgehammer to kill a fly.

    A fly swatter works and does less damage.

    Kenny Croxdale

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    HeavyB's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In my own Mind.
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Points
    186874576

    Quote Originally Posted by nflmak View Post
    Basically Monday and Tuesday you eat high fat high protein and low carbs. Wednesday you fast for 24 hrs. Thursday and Friday low carb low fat high protein. Then Saturday and Sunday you reload with high carbs low fat and moderat protein. So I seen this diet posted by a guy name Elliott Hulse and those are the basics. Anyone heard of this diet or tired it? Im currently on the Anabolic diet so it wouldnt be that hard for me to do this since im basically doing this minus the fasting on wed and low fat on thursday and friday. Any input? Thanks.
    I would be scared to do that with the fasting I would think that you would end up losing more muscle that BF. I have had good luck with a low carb cycle then a primal paleo.I have watched some of Elliotts stuff before always took it with a grain of salt.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    nflmak's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    42
    Rep Points
    1546664

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Croxdale View Post
    "A camel is a horse designed by a committee."

    It means that when you get a bunch of people together (or combine a lot of different ideas) to improve ANYTHING, you end up with something is completely different.

    In other words, it is a...

    Hybrid Diet

    It's bits and pieces of every other diet thrown in together.

    Hybrid = Half of one thing and half of another. The technical term is, "Half Ass".

    The primary reason that it works is that you take is you have decreased you caloric intake.

    Foundation of Weight/Fat Loss

    The foundation of EVERY weight loss program is taking in fewer calories than you burn.

    That means NO diet that does not first address decreasing/expending more calories than you need will every work for weight/fat loss.

    Thus, EVERY diet in which you have a calorie deficit will work.

    24 Hour Fast

    Your are definitely decreasing your daily/weekly caloric intake by fasting.

    There is not much value in fasting. You going to feel like crap.

    It is also becomes mentally tough to starve yourself.

    Fast Weight Loss = More Muscle Loss

    Any fast weight loss program is going to decrease a larger percentage of your muscle mass.

    Think of it like trimming fat off meat.

    When you chop it off quickly, you end up cutting more of the meat/muscle off.

    If you take your time and trim it slowly, you get more fat off and keep more of the meat/muscle.

    Macros

    There is definitely something to manipulating the percentage of carbohydrate, protein and fat in your diet.

    However, the FIRST step in weight loss is to decrease you caloric intake.

    Drs. John Ivy and Layne Norton

    Ivy is an Exercise Physiologist and Norton is a Nutritionist.

    Both have presented documented research that shows that the most effective method of decreasing body fat and retaining muscle mass is to to gradually decrease you caloric intake.

    Dropping Calories

    The data shows that decreasing your caloric intake by about 10% works best.

    Example: 3000 kcal Day Intake

    Decrease you caloric intake about 300 kcal a day.

    So, instead of ingesting 3000 kcal a day, you are now taking in 2700 kcal a day.

    Other on this board have posted the same information.

    Sticking Point

    Every weight/fat loss diet has a sticking point.

    That occurs due to...

    The General Adaptation Syndrome

    In plain English, that means you body "Resets your metabolism" and learns to maintain body fat and muscle on you new lower caloric diet.

    That means weight loss will take place for 2 - 4 weeks. Then your body will figure it out and learn to maintain you weight.

    Rebooting You Weight/Fat Loss

    Once you hit your sticking point, you need to once again decrease you caloric intake about 10%.

    Example: 2700 kcal A Day

    Take you kcal a day down to about 2430 kcal a day (2700 X 10% = 270. 2700 - 270 = 2430).

    Goal Weight

    Once you reach your goal weight, you gradually increase you caloric intake every so slowly.

    While you will have some increase in body fat, the gradual increase in kcals insures that it is more muscle than fat.

    Yo-Yo Diet

    Dropping weight and increasing your kcals too high too quickly falls into "Yo-Yo Dieting".

    Research has shown that you end up gaining more fat back.

    Summary

    The Hybrid Diet will work but it is senseless.

    The Hybrid Diet is like using a sledgehammer to kill a fly.

    A fly swatter works and does less damage.

    Kenny Croxdale



    Thanks bro great info. I am not going to do this diet that he has but instead stick to the anabolic diet that im currently on. I like this diet so far and feel really good, my strength has actually gone up while on this diet so far. I def need to start counting calories if im going to lean out. But thanks for the input.

  7. #7
    Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    flood's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    229
    Rep Points
    15141365

    Quote Originally Posted by nflmak View Post
    It was on a youtube link here is the link if you want to check it out it seems like its similar to the Anabolic diet but with a fasting day and 2 low fat low carb days. Just curious would it work and what is the fasting day for does it help in loosing fat?
    I remember him, 'Yo Elliot' or something. I liked his vids. Good times. Sounds like it's a variant of intermittent fasting and CKD. Hard to say, there are so many body types, especially insulin resistant or not. Are you familiar with the Fasting Twins, Twin Muscle Workout? They're into IF and so is Dr Mercola and they have good vids out on it. Check this FAQ: http://www.reddit.com/r/ketogains/wiki/index
    Everything I type is intended as humor, entertainment, or research.

  8. #8
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    50
    Rep Points
    4401573

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Croxdale View Post
    "A camel is a horse designed by a committee."

    It means that when you get a bunch of people together (or combine a lot of different ideas) to improve ANYTHING, you end up with something is completely different.

    In other words, it is a...

    Hybrid Diet

    It's bits and pieces of every other diet thrown in together.

    Hybrid = Half of one thing and half of another. The technical term is, "Half Ass".

    The primary reason that it works is that you take is you have decreased you caloric intake.

    Foundation of Weight/Fat Loss

    The foundation of EVERY weight loss program is taking in fewer calories than you burn.

    That means NO diet that does not first address decreasing/expending more calories than you need will every work for weight/fat loss.

    Thus, EVERY diet in which you have a calorie deficit will work.

    24 Hour Fast

    Your are definitely decreasing your daily/weekly caloric intake by fasting.

    There is not much value in fasting. You going to feel like crap.

    It is also becomes mentally tough to starve yourself.

    Fast Weight Loss = More Muscle Loss

    Any fast weight loss program is going to decrease a larger percentage of your muscle mass.

    Think of it like trimming fat off meat.

    When you chop it off quickly, you end up cutting more of the meat/muscle off.

    If you take your time and trim it slowly, you get more fat off and keep more of the meat/muscle.

    Macros

    There is definitely something to manipulating the percentage of carbohydrate, protein and fat in your diet.

    However, the FIRST step in weight loss is to decrease you caloric intake.

    Drs. John Ivy and Layne Norton

    Ivy is an Exercise Physiologist and Norton is a Nutritionist.

    Both have presented documented research that shows that the most effective method of decreasing body fat and retaining muscle mass is to to gradually decrease you caloric intake.

    Dropping Calories

    The data shows that decreasing your caloric intake by about 10% works best.

    Example: 3000 kcal Day Intake

    Decrease you caloric intake about 300 kcal a day.

    So, instead of ingesting 3000 kcal a day, you are now taking in 2700 kcal a day.

    Other on this board have posted the same information.

    Sticking Point

    Every weight/fat loss diet has a sticking point.

    That occurs due to...

    The General Adaptation Syndrome

    In plain English, that means you body "Resets your metabolism" and learns to maintain body fat and muscle on you new lower caloric diet.

    That means weight loss will take place for 2 - 4 weeks. Then your body will figure it out and learn to maintain you weight.

    Rebooting You Weight/Fat Loss

    Once you hit your sticking point, you need to once again decrease you caloric intake about 10%.

    Example: 2700 kcal A Day

    Take you kcal a day down to about 2430 kcal a day (2700 X 10% = 270. 2700 - 270 = 2430).

    Goal Weight

    Once you reach your goal weight, you gradually increase you caloric intake every so slowly.

    While you will have some increase in body fat, the gradual increase in kcals insures that it is more muscle than fat.

    Yo-Yo Diet

    Dropping weight and increasing your kcals too high too quickly falls into "Yo-Yo Dieting".

    Research has shown that you end up gaining more fat back.

    Summary

    The Hybrid Diet will work but it is senseless.

    The Hybrid Diet is like using a sledgehammer to kill a fly.

    A fly swatter works and does less damage.

    Kenny Croxdale
    Wow, extremely helpful. Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. dont know where to put this, work clothes!
    By nova1970sb in forum Training
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 04:40 PM
  2. cutting fat but dont want to lose muscle mass
    By PropDan in forum Training
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-20-2005, 02:16 PM
  3. Cutler + Ronnie.. dont directly work forearms.
    By Machher in forum Training
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 11:25 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-03-2004, 08:55 AM
  5. I dont want to diet, HELP!
    By swick in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 08:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->