The Cut of No Return

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Rep Points

The Cut of No Return

Well I'm finally doing it. A year and half ago I said I wanted to compete but I never got the guts to go through with it. I've finally made the decision and on September 28th I will be doing my first Figure competition. I'm very excited and nervous at the same time.

I have asked TP to help guide through this process and he's has agreed to do so. I look forward to working with him and this will be yet another great learning experience for me. Thanks TP!

TP has already set me up with his carb cycling plan and I started today. I will be posting my meals and workouts as usual and I hope you guys will follow. I have 9 weeks as of today and a lot of work to do

Meal Plan: TP's Carb Cycling (meals posted later today)

Workout: Same as usual. Hard and Heavy

Supplements:
    Avant Labs Leptigen
    Avant Labs Lipoderm Y
    Avant Labs Ab-Solved
    Xtreme Formulations ICE
    Optimum 100% Whey
    Syntrax Nectar
    Natures Plus SOL Multi-Vits
    Natures Plus SOL Multi-Minerals
    Natures Plus Vitamin C
    Prolab Glutamine

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Designer Supplements

Rep Points

Where you using the Lipo?

And are you running it and A-S concurrently?
    Being held down by The Man

Rep Points

Lipoderm on my hips, butt and thighs

Ab-Solved on abs and obliques. - This stuff fucking rocks. New bottle to arrive this week.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Designer Supplements

Rep Points

You got a six-pack yet?
    Being held down by The Man

Rep Points

I wish!

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Yeay!! I'm so glad that you decided to compete!! You'll do absolutely fantastic, I know it!

Will be very motivational to follow this journal!

You rock jodi!

Trying to Survive

Rep Points

Ok Jenny now it is your turn, I think all the gals need to compete then we can all meet at nationals
    Good things come to those who wait........

Bearded Attacker

Rep Points

Good luck baby-doll! You know we all love ya and support ya! You will rock em and knock em dead.

INK NOT MINK
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

you will be great jodi! I'm glad you going to compete

Peak Physiques™
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    You got a six-pack yet?
    She will.

Rep Points

i am so happy that you decided this. what federation are you competing in? and where?
    your gonna be awesome and i cant wait to see your results/pics

Rep Points

Thanks guys

TP - I'm looking forward to that 6 pack!

JBo - I'm competing in an NPC Competition in Manchester, NH. I found it odd but they are holding the comp on a Sunday, 9/28 I'm definately nervous because I hear all the horror stories about unfair judging with NPC. That's OK though because with this being my first comp I'm not going worry if I don't place.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Good luck, you are going to be awsome..

What weight class are you going to try and shoot for??
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Trying to Survive

Rep Points

When you do figure there is no wieght class it is height classes, and she will be short like me :-)

Rep Points

Its figure they don't go by weight class but by height so I will be in the shortest class they offer.

As far as weight though, TP says we are shooting for 100-105 lbs day of competition.

Trying to Survive

Rep Points

Hey Jodi we seem to think alike

Rep Points

Good timing

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Is DP going to have is foot in on some of your diet "tweaks" and pre contest prep or are you doing this completly on your own??
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Rep Points

Meals - No Carb Day 7/27/03

Meal 1:
    3 Whole Eggs
    3 Egg Whites
    1 C. Green Beans

Meal 2:
    30G Protein
    3 Fish Oil

Meal 3:
    4 oz. Albacore
    3 C. Romaine
    2 T. ACV
    3 Fish Oil

Meal 4:
    3.5 oz. Chicken
    1 C. Broccoli
    3 Fish Oil

Meal 5:
    30G Protein
    3 Fish Oil

Totals include Veggies:
    Protein: 156
    Carbs: 26
    Fat: 38

Rep Points

Originally posted by P-funk
    Is DP going to have is foot in on some of your diet "tweaks" and pre contest prep or are you doing this completly on your own??
    I am working with Twin Peak on this competition.

Rep Points

Originally posted by Jodi
    Thanks guys

TP - I'm looking forward to that 6 pack!

JBo - I'm competing in an NPC Competition in Manchester, NH. I found it odd but they are holding the comp on a Sunday, 9/28 I'm definately nervous because I hear all the horror stories about unfair judging with NPC. That's OK though because with this being my first comp I'm not going worry if I don't place.
    Dont take it personally cause all federations judge unfairly in my opinion. Thats only because the judges are either untrained or ex-bodybuilders and dont really know what they are looking for. Just do your best and you will prevail Sunday comps are terrible cause try to get a hair dresser and makeup artist in on a Sunday morning and geeze $$$$$$. TP will take you all the way baby. He helped me for Nationals and i was VERY VERY happy. Let me know if i can help in any way.
    So how was your first no carb day?

Rep Points

Originally posted by J'Bo
    Dont take it personally cause all federations judge unfairly in my opinion. Thats only because the judges are either untrained or ex-bodybuilders and dont really know what they are looking for. Just do your best and you will prevail Sunday comps are terrible cause try to get a hair dresser and makeup artist in on a Sunday morning and geeze $$$$$$. TP will take you all the way baby. He helped me for Nationals and i was VERY VERY happy. Let me know if i can help in any way.
    So how was your first no carb day?
    I'm use to low carb and no carb eating and it doesn't bother me at all. Its the high carb day I'm worried about I'm trying to relax and tell myself it will be ok.

My hairdresser works out at the same gym as me and she already told me she will come to my house and do my hair and makeup and nails the morning of. I was relieved because she knows how I like my hair and makup and I would HATE to go to someone new for the first time on competition day She's great and I was thankful she is going to be around. I have long nails that grow like weeds (wish my hair would do the same) but how do most do their nails, French Manicure?

Rep Points

Thats great that she is willing to come to your house the morning of and help you out.
    One tip when training with TP. Smarties arent really smarties they are rockets

Rep Points

No I know what smarties are. It you weirdo's in Canada that don't know what smarties are. j/k

Rep Points

ha ha real smarties melt in your mouth no in your hand those are rockets damnit
    i am really looking forward to reading your journal.
    high carb days were the hardest for me too.
    i got addicted to the no carb days.
    although my no carb days had nothing but fat and protein.
    no veggies even

Rep Points

Originally posted by J'Bo
    ha ha real smarties melt in your mouth no in your hand

no veggies even
    Thats M&M's that melt in your mouth not in your hand.

Really no veggies. He told me 3 C. Veggies a day no matter what day.

Thanks JBo, I'd appreciate any comments and tips you could provide as well. This is so new for me.

Rep Points

Re: The Cut of No Return

Well I'm finally doing it. A year and half ago I said I wanted to compete but I never got the guts to go through with it. I've finally made the decision and on September 28th I will be doing my first Figure competition.
    Wow.. Good Luck Jodi!!

... Im gettin' there!

Rep Points

Thanks Julie!

Hungry today. I've been counting down the time in between meals. I am really looking forward to that Leptigen.

DOWNSIZING
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I have long nails that grow like weeds (wish my hair would do the same) but how do most do their nails, French Manicure?

Lots of journals you have to follow

Most girls stick with the French on the nails. It looks good with a tan and very natural, just my opionion. Also, less distraction for the judges.
    Leslie
    My Journal
    My Sponsor:www.AvantLabs.com

Rep Points

Good Luck Jodi!!! I'm soo proud of you for doing this!! Your going to do great!
    Thats awesome that TP Is going to help you!! I have done a version of his carb cycling and I really like it!

I can't wait to follow your journal!!
    I Believe in the Impossible!!!

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast