• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

Sharky's NPC Bikini Prep

IML Gear Cream!
Here is a video I found exploring RKC Planking, it is an intermediate video. I have been doing these INCORRECTLY for a long time. I always get lower left back pain just above the glute and I believe it is due in part to poor form...Not trying to hi-jack thread just thought I would share...

[video=youtube;a0xfzXi1jQo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a0xfzXi1jQo[/video]

I love this stuff and I take my work very seriously.

The video wasnt opening for me. There are a lot of good videos on them out there. Just learn to do them properly and do them often for just a few sets. I do them 2-3 sets for 6-10 breaths instead of reps. Make sure your breathing correctly as it makes up a big part of the exercise. It forces recruitment of deep Core and pelvic floor muscles.

Exercises like RKC planks, pallof presses, chops and lifts train the Core and and spinal stabilizers the way they are meant to work. So when we do squats, Deadlifts, standing military presses, power cleans, etc. These muscles kick in to neutralized spinal movement allowing the big muscles of the hips to do there job.

If something hurts on one side or doesn't quite feel the same, there is a good chance you have a muscle imbalance and it needs to be addressed.

Here is a video I found exploring RKC Planking, it is an intermediate video. I have been doing these INCORRECTLY for a long time. I always get lower left back pain just above the glute and I believe it is due in part to poor form...Not trying to hi-jack thread just thought I would share...

[video=youtube;a0xfzXi1jQo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a0xfzXi1jQo[/video]

Thanks for the video! Nice to see proper form!

Instagram: @kieferkm

I love this stuff and I take my work very seriously.

The video wasnt opening for me. There are a lot of good videos on them out there. Just learn to do them properly and do them often for just a few sets. I do them 2-3 sets for 6-10 breaths instead of reps. Make sure your breathing correctly as it makes up a big part of the exercise. It forces recruitment of deep Core and pelvic floor muscles.

Exercises like RKC planks, pallof presses, chops and lifts train the Core and and spinal stabilizers the way they are meant to work. So when we do squats, Deadlifts, standing military presses, power cleans, etc. These muscles kick in to neutralized spinal movement allowing the big muscles of the hips to do there job.

If something hurts on one side or doesn't quite feel the same, there is a good chance you have a muscle imbalance and it needs to be addressed.

Keep the advice coming- I want to be the best I can be!

a6esajy5.jpg

Worked upper body today and took it slow. Still worked super hard and lifted heavy but I took my time. I've had an intense leg week and over all, I'm just sore. I try to listen to my body and not push it too far past it's limits. Tomorrow is a cardio circuit with lighter weights and high reps!

Post up what your workout consisted of
Sets reps and exercise types so we can all pick you apart !!! Kidding but what did you do ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a6esajy5.jpg

Worked upper body today and took it slow. Still worked super hard and lifted heavy but I took my time. I've had an intense leg week and over all, I'm just sore. I try to listen to my body and not push it too far past it's limits. Tomorrow is a cardio circuit with lighter weights and high reps!

amazing :0 also i like the hulk picture in the background , are you trying to add size any where or just focusing on conditioning ?

amazing :0 also i like the hulk picture in the background , are you trying to add size any where or just focusing on conditioning ?

She needs and wants more size in the legs and some additional glute development

But I won't answer for her so Ile shutup

IML Gear Cream!
ya man, i little more size to the legs and glutes and a slightly (but not much) more toned midsection and she will do very well!

One of my main goals: develop some KILLER LEGS!

Legs have definitely been my weak point even though they are my favorite to work. My ultimate goal is to have some baby hulk size quads and killer hamstrings.

I've added two leg days a week to really hit them hard.

What I usually do-
Squats
Sumo squats
Suitcase Deadlifts
Single leg Deadlifts
Bulgarian split squats
Goodmornings
Sumo Goodmornings
Leg curl
Leg extension

Just to name a few....

I also incorporate some cardio legs like jump lunges, bench jumps and box jumps.

No greater feeling in the world than feeling those legs and glutes burn!

@kieferkm

Lots going on there but at least you are killing it. I'd split the deads out to back day if it was me and do GHRs (glute-ham raises) with those deadlifts and for your squat/leg day you are missing front squats and hack squats. If you want killer legs, you need to front squat... they build quads and glutes like no other. You will get used to the bar choking you and they will do so much more for you than the additional extensions and curls. If you don't have a GHR to use I would do wieghted barbell good mornings. It's a powerlifting exercise BUT it builds up the entire posterior chain and works your core a ton, win win. Good luck!

Lots going on there but at least you are killing it. I'd split the deads out to back day if it was me and do GHRs (glute-ham raises) with those deadlifts and for your squat/leg day you are missing front squats and hack squats. If you want killer legs, you need to front squat... they build quads and glutes like no other. You will get used to the bar choking you and they will do so much more for you than the additional extensions and curls. If you don't have a GHR to use I would do wieghted barbell good mornings. It's a powerlifting exercise BUT it builds up the entire posterior chain and works your core a ton, win win. Good luck!

GHR would be awesome for her

If too hard use some PVC pipe through the sticking points

Definitely need someone to critique your GHR reps... For such a simple simple exercise it's extraordinarily easy to do them wrong and work the wrong muscles... Not to point fingers at myself but when I'm tired I get yelled at because mine start to look more like hyper extensions lol whoops wrong muscles kyleeeee

ya man, i little more size to the legs and glutes and a slightly (but not much) more toned midsection and she will do very well!

Yea I am looking to gain some in the quads and tighten the glutes! Thanks for the support!

Thanks for the tips! Those exercises I split between two days. I have been incorporating front squats lately and I love how they engage my core! We have a machine at my gym called the GluteForce that is similar to GHRs and it kills the glutes!

Reverse hypers !

lol id follow you on instagram but i like to keep my identity private .

Yeah I don't hide mine anymore, I mean kinda hard anyway when you are doing competitions and they say your NAME lol so not a big deal in my opinion. Plus stalkers end up in jail soooo don't stalk :)

sytaqagu.jpg

Here is what my video consisted of (I still need to make a YouTube in order to embed vids)...Reverse hyper extensions to work those glutes! I've got 50lbs on it plus the yellow resistance band to control the swing and provide a little extra tension. 4 sets of 12 and my booty was burning but I love it! This is what I'm trying to work the most so I put some type of leg or glute in every day.

Today I did a cardio circuit that I repeated five times-
1. Squat and DB row with 25lbs/25 reps
2. Jack knife crunches 25 reps
3. Decline push ups 25 reps
4. Squat jumps 25 reps
5. Barbell row 25 reps

I only gave myself enough rest to barely catch my breath. It took me about thirty minutes and to me this is a rest day after heavy lifting all week. I added the reverse hypers on after because like I said, I try to work the back of my legs/glutes daily.

IML Gear Cream!
i know you have a goal but your really hot the way you are now i hope you dont get carried away about getting or wanting to be huge.just my 2 cents your fine right now.any way good luck.

i know you have a goal but your really hot the way you are now i hope you dont get carried away about getting or wanting to be huge.just my 2 cents your fine right now.any way good luck.

Sigh....
Oh lord why even go there ? She is NPC bikini she won't get huge

That being said I am trying to bring a top national PL female to this board who is bigger and stronger than most men and is awesome

Appreciate an athlete for their goals and athleticism

This isn't match.com where we're judging on looks but on their athleticism and athletic goals

Sharky is a great NPC bikini competitor and will do well in her sport as she continues to grow and mold and if in the future she finds a love for figure or fitness competition who is anyone to judge or say no ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your help on this! 😄 boys will be boys I suppose!

6adanepa.jpg

Here is a pic of me when I was about two weeks out from my competition and was holding lean. I really want to get more defined abs and legs. My legs are fine in size but I want that definition to be stronger. If anyone has tips on the abs and legs that would be much appreciated. I know it's my diet for my core but I feel like I'm missing something...thoughts?!

Ever try doing ab workouts with resistance bands?

Ever try doing ab workouts with resistance bands?

I don't know who this is directed at but I will give my 2 cents anyway :).

I personally don't do any spinal flexion exercises to strengthen abs because it's proven to cause disc compression and injury to the back. Not everyone experiences this but a lot of people get lower back pain from loaded, repetitious spinal flexion. However, if you do do them I would load them with a band or weights and do low volume heavy sets of low reps like 8-10 at most.

For strength athletes and most other athletes (other then MMA, but that's another story) I would use static Core exercises like the ones I mentioned. I do like hanging knee raises as they load the spine very differently then supine movements like crunches. Ab wheel roll outs are also on the top of my list.

I know a lot of bodybuilders who hammer spinal flexion exercises but I think it's not only over kill but not necessary and often problematic.

Here is a quote that I use with all of my clients - "Good looking Abs are made in the kitchen, strong abs are made in the power rack "

Well this may benefit me more than sharky
But from a PL exercise what core specific exercise would you recommend for building mass

squats and deadlifts cause the most ab activation anyway

True, my core is done after front squats.

I am thinking more along the lines of ab specific work

Lately I been grabbing a resistance band and wrapping it around the end of the GHR then putting my ass against the cushion and crunching downwards. Doesn't quite get me sore anymore

For sharky being that she lacks ab development even though she already squats and deadlifts maybe some more ab specific work would be beneficial

Back