• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Sharky's NPC Bikini Prep

IML Gear Cream!
I think a lot of Ab development is genetic. Like I said, I have not done direct "ab" work for a considerable volume in the last 6 years and I have deep cuts. and we'll developed abs that you can see really well when I'm 10% and less. However, I can even see them a bit when I'm as high as 14%. Not great but they are there.

What do you mean by mass? You mean thickness or just developed? I don't think Kristen wants thickness in her mid section? Probably just more developed.

Personally Kristen I think you look incredible in that last pic. I'm trying to be good here ;)... Ok you look insanely hot...alright I'm done, that's it, I'm professional here on out;).

Anyway, from a competitive stand point, and I don't know much about what they look for on stage but it looks to me that you would really benefit from adding some overall muscle mass and then get a bit leaner. Now I don't mean a lot of muscle, just a few pounds will make a huge difference. I think if you focus on getting stronger in front squats and a hip dominant type of DL, like conventional or hex bar Dr's, stick to working at 85-95% for 3-6 reps on these. If you do this, I suggest using a weight that is based off of 5% less then your true 1rm. Then for the rest of the training session use a high volume of lower intensity (like 60-70% of max for 10-25 reps) sets on exercises like leg presses, reverse lunges, rear foot elevated split squats, RDL's and God. You don't have to do all of these in to you same workout. I would train lower body twice per week and use front squats and DL's for the big lifts and the others I mentioned for assistance and volume.

you could add a considerable mass to those legs with the right training intensity, volume and recovery. Then as you diet down you will see the development much better.

I think you're quite young still and your body is in the early stages of development. Keep training and don't just focus on volume as getting stronger in the higher intensities will carry over onto the higher volume work. Not to mention you will develop other types of fast twitch fibers that don't necessarily get the stimulus they need when using higher volume and lower intensities.

What are your stats Btw? You really need to keep track of body comp as its the only Sure way to know if the program is working for you.

Ok, I need a break. Sorry for typos as this was on my phone.

Yeah definitely don't incorporate all the changes at once
Some people do sooo many exercises they accomplish nothing.

Pick 2 to 3 accessory movements do them until your body accommodates and and then switch those accessory movements for a different set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah definitely don't incorporate all the changes at once
Some people do sooo many exercises they accomplish nothing.

Pick 2 to 3 accessory movements do them until your body accommodates and and then switch those accessory movements for a different set

Totally agree. I usually stick with the same accessory exercises for at least 4 weeks then deload for a week. I pretty much stick with the same accessory movements anyway and play with tempos, intensity and reps. I find little need to do so many exercises. I'll add more variety in my pre workout prep. This is the most neglected area in so many programs. the fact is the longer you've been training the more volume and time you should spend on your warmup and less volume in the workout.

When I have time I like to spend anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes on prep. Between soft tissue work, mobility, muscle activation and dynamic warm up. I always feel better and the weight feels lighter when I do. The CNS needs to be prepared properly for training.

Anyway, this is an area I add more variety to the workout. I love it and have seen better results from it.

Totally agree. I usually stick with the same accessory exercises for at least 4 weeks then deload for a week. I pretty much stick with the same accessory movements anyway and play with tempos, intensity and reps. I find little need to do so many exercises. I'll add more variety in my pre workout prep. This is the most neglected area in so many programs. the fact is the longer you've been training the more volume and time you should spend on your warmup and less volume in the workout.

When I have time I like to spend anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes on prep. Between soft tissue work, mobility, muscle activation and dynamic warm up. I always feel better and the weight feels lighter when I do. The CNS needs to be prepared properly for training.

Anyway, this is an area I add more variety to the workout. I love it and have seen better results from it.

Dude I couldn't agree more. I have had this discussion with many people regarding maximum effort, they just go so quick to the heavy weight, burn out, and are done. I am like you are missing soooo much VOLUME !

That being said I come from a PL background so we don't do much in the form of tempos, intensity and reps. Its pretty much 1-3 reps except accessory work and that is more of the BB stuff. However, I firmly believe that just about anyone can benefit from some PL work from time to time.

As I have said we all have stuff to learn from each other.

Yea so I've incorporated front squats and heavy Deadlifts lately and I can definitely tell a difference in what I was doing before. Front squats hit the core pretty hard. I don't want to add mass but rather concert what I have to more muscle. I track my stats weekly and the main concern I have is body fat percentage. I have the trainers pinch me. I also really want to focus on my form and I believe that will help me develop more definition and recruit more strength in my lifts.

Instagram: @kieferkm

Today was leg and posing day! I added my own little fashion gym swag today hehe!
pe3y2a2a.jpg

Anyways...here was the workout:

Hack squat 50lbs 4x12
Butt blaster 30lbs 4x12
Sumo squat with kettle bell 35lb 4x12

Leg extension 4x12
Laying leg curl 4x12
Walking lunges x12
Weights varied

Single leg squat 4x12ea
Regular BB squat 4x12
Weights varied

Today was my light leg day. I do heavy legs on Wednesday and that is when I typically incorporate the large/heavy lifts!

Meal prepped all day and ready for the week to begin! Hope everyone is grinding hard!

Sharky
Is this the leg workout you were thinking about seeing the coach for ??
Did you ever decide to go with the coach ?

Today was leg and posing day! I added my own little fashion gym swag today hehe!
pe3y2a2a.jpg

Anyways...here was the workout:

Hack squat 50lbs 4x12
Butt blaster 30lbs 4x12
Sumo squat with kettle bell 35lb 4x12

Leg extension 4x12
Laying leg curl 4x12
Walking lunges x12
Weights varied

Single leg squat 4x12ea
Regular BB squat 4x12
Weights varied

Today was my light leg day. I do heavy legs on Wednesday and that is when I typically incorporate the large/heavy lifts!

Meal prepped all day and ready for the week to begin! Hope everyone is grinding hard!

For someone not looking to add a lot of mass, you do an awful lot of volume?
I think you'd be better off with a strength approach, more like a power lifter program with a bit of added volume on the accessory work.

Here is a suggestion, take it or leave it... Just throwing it out there ; Work up to a 3-6 rep max on a main lift (ie. DL, Front squat, bench press), then add a couple of additional exercises in the 8-15 rep range for hypertrophy and weak points.

For someone not looking to add a lot of mass, you do an awful lot of volume?
I think you'd be better off with a strength approach, more like a power lifter program with a bit of added volume on the accessory work.

Here is a suggestion, take it or leave it... Just throwing it out there ; Work up to a 3-6 rep max on a main lift (ie. DL, Front squat, bench press), then add a couple of additional exercises in the 8-15 rep range for hypertrophy and weak points.

Great suggestions! That is why I joined this forum because truthfully the clients I work with are all weight loss and corrective focused so building "the perfect body" as far as physique and bodybuilding is not something I'm well educated on! I have been trying to lift heavier and I've been keeping in the 5 rep range but doing 4 sets. Keep the advice coming-I love learning all of this!

IML Gear Cream!
Great suggestions! That is why I joined this forum because truthfully the clients I work with are all weight loss and corrective focused so building "the perfect body" as far as physique and bodybuilding is not something I'm well educated on! I have been trying to lift heavier and I've been keeping in the 5 rep range but doing 4 sets. Keep the advice coming-I love learning all of this!

Don't forget my competition is next weekend !!! 26th

Thank you everyone! Don't worry Brown...I will be there! So today I did some heavy stuff and it felt great!

Squats onto the box to work on my form with those knees out-150lbs which is more than I have done in a while! 4 sets 5reps.
Then I did single arm clean and jerks with a 30 pound dumbbell. 10reps and 4sets.
Kettle bell swings 50lb 15 sets 4 reps
Box step ups 35lb DB in each hand. 10 reps 4 sets.
To finish up I did some upper body accessory stuff-incline push-ups 10rep 4sets
And barbell rows 10rep 4sets.

Felt pretty good by the end. I'm liking lifting heavier! I'm trying to keep up with all aspects of social media on my fitness journey so I apologize for the lack in posts! I am actually entered into the 1st Phorm Athlete search-a four month long journey to inspire others along my fitness journey through social media! Go follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook if you like what I do!

Facebook- m.facebook.com/kieferkm
Twitter- @kristenkiefer
Instagram- @kieferkm

Thanks for reading! :)
a9a5eta2.jpg

Welcome to IMF sharky! Were lucky to have you onboard with us :thumb:

Training in the 85-95% range will help build myofibril, hypertrophy, while training in the 55-75% will help build sarcoplasmic hypertrophy which is typical of bodybuilders and the former is typical of power lifters. I say maximize both.
I will typically cycle the percentage of my 1rm of my accessory work to coordinate with my main lift. For instance if I'm training max for cycle is 85% I will use a lower intensity and higher reps (like 12-15) on my accessories and if my training max is upwards of 95%, my accessory work will be in the 4-6 Ranger.
However, I like to play with this depending on my goals for that cycle. If it's more hypertrophy I will keep them pretty high but if it's strength or to really increase my 1rm I will keep them lower. I actually train a lot of my clients with the same concept. Even weight loss and older clients. Of course this will depend on many things.
Keep the exercise selection limited and focus on load, volume and rest periods to keep progressing. My 2 cents.

Training in the 85-95% range will help build myofibril, hypertrophy, while training in the 55-75% will help build sarcoplasmic hypertrophy which is typical of bodybuilders and the former is typical of power lifters. I say maximize both.
I will typically cycle the percentage of my 1rm of my accessory work to coordinate with my main lift. For instance if I'm training max for cycle is 85% I will use a lower intensity and higher reps (like 12-15) on my accessories and if my training max is upwards of 95%, my accessory work will be in the 4-6 Ranger.
However, I like to play with this depending on my goals for that cycle. If it's more hypertrophy I will keep them pretty high but if it's strength or to really increase my 1rm I will keep them lower. I actually train a lot of my clients with the same concept. Even weight loss and older clients. Of course this will depend on many things.
Keep the exercise selection limited and focus on load, volume and rest periods to keep progressing. My 2 cents.

That's great two cents! Will you give me an example of the sets and reps you do and how many exercises? I'm knowledgeable and have a huge bank of exercises but I need a system to follow. I've also heard that I need to pick with a program and stick to it instead of changing often. Thoughts?

http://youtu.be/PhiFvRlBI4c

Some fun this morning! I love doing different things and being outside. I just started taking the Bliss Thermo by 1st Phorm and I seriously love it!

Enjoy 😄

Sharky Informed me that she will only post if people constantly reply to her every post...
I think this falls into blondes being high maintenance or something

Heyyyy sharky !!! Have you worked out in the past week ! I wanna see every workout

Wow.... Seriously high maintenance. I do my best to reply but come on man;).
As far a exercises go try to focus on movement patterns rather then exercises or muscles. Certain patterns target specific muscles. I train a Deadlift and squat on 2 different days. I consider myself a "powerbuilder" (part power lifter and part bodybuilder). I train like a power lifter but add volume to my assistance and accessory exercises. Similar to what I suggested. I follow a similar program as Jim Wendlers 531. But I make it my own. It is a linear strength program with endless options to target specific goals.
Personally I Deadlift with a conventional style and very hip dominant. So I'll add 2-3 movements as accessory exercises. Often I will use back squats in the 8-12 range for 3-5 sets for a knee dominant movement. I also love rear foot elevated split squats(RFESS). They are possibly the best lower body exercise and it's kind of a cross between hip and knee dominant. Hip thrusts, glute ham raises and 45 degree hip extention are also perfect accessory exercises. To the squat and Deadlift.
I personally front squat on my squat day and will use RDL's as the follow up hip dominant movement also 8-12 reps for 3-5 sets.
Try sticking with the same accessory exercises for a few weeks so you can progress them in volume or intensity. It's easier to track progress. Week one 20 reps, week 2 15 and week 3 10 or even lower for strength. As reps decrease on the accessories add a set or 2 to each exercise. I suggest sticking to about 10-13 total work sets (not including main lift which should only be 3 or 4).

Let me know your thoughts.

Btw, just stick with exercises that really make a difference and eliminate everything else. Here's my list for lower body :

Hip dominant - deadlifts (all types including single leg RDL's- one of my favorite) , RFESS, reverse lunge, bridge, hip thrust, GHR , 45 degree hip ext., various butt blaster machines, good mornings.

Knee dominant: back squats, Front squats, zechariah squat, goblet squat, hex bar squat, box squats, pistol squats, step ups (also very strong hip involvement), leg press, Front lunges.

I think that is my complete list for the most part. For myself as well as my clients (athletes and soccer mom's alike) I would choose a few exercises that I feel compliment the main lift, strengthen weak points and add overall volume if necessary and applicable.
Remember that most exercises are a variation of a movement pattern. When trying to improve the exercise or challenge the individual further or just to change things up, I would focus on where the load is placed. For example, a squat is a squat but where the load is placed with change things completely like on the back, in a zercher position, goblet position, clean position, overhead... You get the idea. This changes everything. Also, tempo, rest period, intensity and rep range can all be adjusted for constant variety and progress.
New and different exercises may look cool but ask yourself what you are trying to accomplish and can the same thing be a accomplished with a better exercise that has already been mastered and is more conducive to the goals. For instance, and this is very basic. I have pretty much eliminated all direct Ab work, and most single joint exercises (unless they are corrective) from my weight loss clients programming. Why? It's very simple.... They are useless and a waste of our time and will not get them any closer to their weight loss goal regardless of how many and how often they do them.
Use the same mentality in your own programming. If it's not necessary and not likely to make a difference dump it and do more of the good stuff or stuff you need to do more of.
I hope these replies were prompt and thorough enough to meet your standards;).

IML Gear Cream!
Btw, just stick with exercises that really make a difference and eliminate everything else. Here's my list for lower body :

Hip dominant - deadlifts (all types including single leg RDL's- one of my favorite) , RFESS, reverse lunge, bridge, hip thrust, GHR , 45 degree hip ext., various butt blaster machines, good mornings.

Knee dominant: back squats, Front squats, zechariah squat, goblet squat, hex bar squat, box squats, pistol squats, step ups (also very strong hip involvement), leg press, Front lunges.

I think that is my complete list for the most part. For myself as well as my clients (athletes and soccer mom's alike) I would choose a few exercises that I feel compliment the main lift, strengthen weak points and add overall volume if necessary and applicable.
Remember that most exercises are a variation of a movement pattern. When trying to improve the exercise or challenge the individual further or just to change things up, I would focus on where the load is placed. For example, a squat is a squat but where the load is placed with change things completely like on the back, in a zercher position, goblet position, clean position, overhead... You get the idea. This changes everything. Also, tempo, rest period, intensity and rep range can all be adjusted for constant variety and progress.
New and different exercises may look cool but ask yourself what you are trying to accomplish and can the same thing be a accomplished with a better exercise that has already been mastered and is more conducive to the goals. For instance, and this is very basic. I have pretty much eliminated all direct Ab work, and most single joint exercises (unless they are corrective) from my weight loss clients programming. Why? It's very simple.... They are useless and a waste of our time and will not get them any closer to their weight loss goal regardless of how many and how often they do them.
Use the same mentality in your own programming. If it's not necessary and not likely to make a difference dump it and do more of the good stuff or stuff you need to do more of.
I hope these replies were prompt and thorough enough to meet your standards;).

Haha thanks so much for the information! Very great responses...still experimenting but this is great!

Today's workout was upper body with a tiny mix of some lower-

EZ bar curls 4sets of 15, 10, 8, 8- ended with 20lbs
Upright cable rows 4sets of 15, 10, 10, 10- ended with 50lbs
Overhead tri extension 4sets of 15, 15, 12, 12- ended with 25lb
Lat pull down 4sets of 15, 15, 6, 6-ended with 70lbs
Chest press on balance ball 4sets of 15- ended with 20lb DB
Goblet squats 4 sets of 15- ended with 35lb DB
Stationary lunges 3 sets of 10each - ended with 10lb DB
DB row 3 sets of 15, 12, 12-ended with 22.5lb DB
Then I ended with 3sets of 50 calf raises off of a machine.

For me I've begun to lift heavier each time instead of staying the same like I used to and so far I like the progress. Tomorrow is leg day so I will incorporate some of those new techniques!

Nice lifts
I'm sad I gotta cut to 198 :(

Today's workout was upper body with a tiny mix of some lower-

EZ bar curls 4sets of 15, 10, 8, 8- ended with 20lbs
Upright cable rows 4sets of 15, 10, 10, 10- ended with 50lbs
Overhead tri extension 4sets of 15, 15, 12, 12- ended with 25lb
Lat pull down 4sets of 15, 15, 6, 6-ended with 70lbs
Chest press on balance ball 4sets of 15- ended with 20lb DB
Goblet squats 4 sets of 15- ended with 35lb DB
Stationary lunges 3 sets of 10each - ended with 10lb DB
DB row 3 sets of 15, 12, 12-ended with 22.5lb DB
Then I ended with 3sets of 50 calf raises off of a machine.

For me I've begun to lift heavier each time instead of staying the same like I used to and so far I like the progress. Tomorrow is leg day so I will incorporate some of those new techniques!

Another suggestion - if you really want to get stranger, train a big, compound movement at the beginning of your workout and train it in the 85-95%, 2-5 rep range. Start conservatively and add weight in very small increments each week or so. Focus on getting strong in that lift, in the lower rep ranges. Train assistance exercises in lower intensities, higher rep ranges.

The strength you gain in the main lift will carry over into the assistance exercises and ultimately allowing you to handle heavier weights on those as well. This will increase your work capacity as well as the overall volume. Achieving what you set out to do with out just focusing on volume.

Sharky Informed me that she will only post if people constantly reply to her every post...
I think this falls into blondes being high maintenance or something

Heyyyy sharky !!! Have you worked out in the past week ! I wanna see every workout

:lol:

Another suggestion - if you really want to get stranger, train a big, compound movement at the beginning of your workout and train it in the 85-95%, 2-5 rep range. Start conservatively and add weight in very small increments each week or so. Focus on getting strong in that lift, in the lower rep ranges. Train assistance exercises in lower intensities, higher rep ranges.

The strength you gain in the main lift will carry over into the assistance exercises and ultimately allowing you to handle heavier weights on those as well. This will increase your work capacity as well as the overall volume. Achieving what you set out to do with out just focusing on volume.

I like the thought of that. I have sort of been doing that lately but will definitely incorporate it more. I feel like I've improved this past month already but lifter heavier and working more compound movements!

I think you will see more progress by limiting to 90% compound movements and keep the selection limited to some staples. Throw in an extra here and there but on a limited basis. Much easier to progress and track progress.

http://youtu.be/EmbWB7vGayo

Friday workout!
I did five rounds of a circuit-
Heavy front squats: obviously as weight increased my reps decreased; my heaviest was 105lbs
TRX pike ups: 15reps
Leg Extension: heaviest was 70kg
Jump squats: 25reps
BB row: 25 reps with just the bar

This is typically my lighter day and I use it for cardio but I incorporated the front squats for a little something extra 😉

Happy Friday!

Back