• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Sharky's NPC Bikini Prep

IML Gear Cream!
The best exercises mimic basic movement patterns. Changing load, tempo, rest and rep range is the best for constant progress. Time under tension is a key component in changing ones body aesthetically. Although I'm a huge advocate in training shorter energy systems with less TUT, the exercises are paired with assistance exercises to tackle the other important elements. Oly Lifts, when done correctly, have very low TUT, therefore have little metabolic demands and little visual changes.
Don't listen to the crossfit dummies at the gym, who are using Oly lifts in a high rep circuit.... Just dumb, dangerous and worthless.
No offense to crossfit but it's not an exercise program... It's a sport. So stop trying to be everything to everyone. Because it's not happening.
True coaches know the difference.

Very true people do the oly lifts because it's trendy and in the cool thing.
But they are complicated explosive movements that are supposed to be executed to a 1rm... like the olympics. Doing more degrades form.

Also jim is correct in that they do not so much in the way of stimulating muscle or your metabolism.

Huge waste of time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for all of the advice guys! I really don't like crossfit at all- I just wanted to try some new things. PS I'm away from the gym this week- below is the workout I did today and it's killing me not having weights! I do have a treadmill though! Anyone have any more suggestions on what I could do tomorrow? Let me know
ure5e3ag.jpg

Instagram: @kieferkm

avu8yra6.jpg
Planks Today!

Not to be a nit pick... But I am a perfectionist... When doing planks, especially RKC style, you need to retract and depress the scapula and basically contract the lats. Protracting the scaps will shut off lats and ultimately the deep spinal stabilizers. This occurs due to the connection of the lats and "core" through the thoraco lumbar fascia.

Try it and feel the difference. It's a hard pattern to break from years of being led by pilates instructors telling us how to "fire" the TVA by "drawing in". This is a complete fallacy.

Not to be a nit pick... But I am a perfectionist... When doing planks, especially RKC style, you need to retract and depress the scapula and basically contract the lats. Protracting the scaps will shut off lats and ultimately the deep spinal stabilizers. This occurs due to the connection of the lats and "core" through the thoraco lumbar fascia.

Try it and feel the difference. It's a hard pattern to break from years of being led by pilates instructors telling us how to "fire" the TVA by "drawing in". This is a complete fallacy.

Impressive.. I will also try your advice.

Yea Jim I learned that in one of my certification classes recently and I have been trying so hard to do that! It makes the plank so much harder- it helps when I have a trainer watching and then they cue me to fix it or touch my shoulder blades to remind me! I lost form on my last few today - I was getting tired hence my thumbs up grip haha but I appreciate all of the help! I'm going into a gym tomorrow for leg day and will be sure to lift heavy, watch my form and no crossfit

IML Gear Cream!
Okay I made a major breakthrough today!! I leg pressed 340lbs for 5reps! I felt so good! Here's what I did-
BB Squats- 4 sets
Romanian Deadlifts- 4 sets
Goodmornings- 4 sets
Leg Press- 5 sets
Single leg Deadlift- 3 sets (lights weight)
Split squats- 3 sets (no weight)
Everything I went as heavy as I could on without breaking form and the rep range varied. Overall an extremely successful day for me! It is possible to gain strength while bikini prepping and being on low carbs- some days are harder than others but I will take what strength I can get!

Okay I made a major breakthrough today!! I leg pressed 340lbs for 5reps! I felt so good! Here's what I did-
BB Squats- 4 sets
Romanian Deadlifts- 4 sets
Goodmornings- 4 sets
Leg Press- 5 sets
Single leg Deadlift- 3 sets (lights weight)
Split squats- 3 sets (no weight)
Everything I went as heavy as I could on without breaking form and the rep range varied. Overall an extremely successful day for me! It is possible to gain strength while bikini prepping and being on low carbs- some days are harder than others but I will take what strength I can get!

Nice congrats, sharky.
When you competing again? how is the diet going?

I am competing on August 9th at the Kentucky Muscle for anyone who's curious! The diet has been good-I had my final cheat meal last week. I have about 9 weeks left of prep and it's time to cut so I'm increasing cardio and lowering carbs. I am still lifting heavy and today I did upper body to include chest press, tricep dips, cable rows, military press, dumbbell rows and lat pull downs plus a cardio interval. I've been supplementing with a Nutrilite Multivitamin and I love how I feel with that. I just started grad school so I'm trying to stay on track with diet and workouts! I'll keep everyone updated still as much as I can

Back