• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

Sharky's NPC Bikini Prep

kristen.kiefer

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
dyrevuhu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kristen thanks for joining me here (Kyle!!)

Definitely interested to see how your strength training in your legs and glutes develop from your last show to your next show! You are definitely going to kick some ass!

You have come a long way in your preparation, training, and dedication. I hope that my peers at IML can contribute to your thread in positive and keep pushing you towards your goal! Kick some ass !!!

Last edited:
:daydream: i think you'll do well

Looking great Kristen!

She is a beast bud, been kicking ass and just starting her bikini journey!
ya true that, she definitely has the right shape and look to do well !

Thanks everyone! That was my third competition where I placed 8th. I'm just now getting serious with my diet and realizing the importance of lifting heavy! It's a slow journey but so far the transformation has been incredible. I'm an Personal Training Manager at Anytime Fitness but will be going for my Doctorate of Physical Therapy in June. I am hoping to keep up my lifting and bikini prep during that too!

@kieferkm

thats going to be hard to stay dedicated to dieting while working on you doctoral thesis, im finishing up my bachelors degree and find it a struggle to stay dedicated to the lifestyle lol, like i said though you have the genetics to do well in this sport, just stay focused ! best of luck !

Thank you for the support! I will definitely need to rely on focus, motivation and determination to succeed in both.

@kieferkm

One of my main goals: develop some KILLER LEGS!

Legs have definitely been my weak point even though they are my favorite to work. My ultimate goal is to have some baby hulk size quads and killer hamstrings.

I've added two leg days a week to really hit them hard.

What I usually do-
Squats
Sumo squats
Suitcase Deadlifts
Single leg Deadlifts
Bulgarian split squats
Goodmornings
Sumo Goodmornings
Leg curl
Leg extension

Just to name a few....

I also incorporate some cardio legs like jump lunges, bench jumps and box jumps.

No greater feeling in the world than feeling those legs and glutes burn!

@kieferkm

IML Gear Cream!
Good mornings light my hams up something vicious I am sooo bad at them too. They may become my main accessory exercise after legs or deads

Welcome Aboard Kristen ... Im subbed . 1st of all you look incredible . Is that a recent pic up top ? :daydream:

Good mornings light my hams up something vicious I am sooo bad at them too. They may become my main accessory exercise after legs or deads

I love good mornings because they stretch my hams out too- killing two birds with one stone!

@kieferkm

Speaking of stretching...

In order to gain muscle and get stronger, everyone knows you must have proper form. This is something that I have to work on every day. The main problem I have is tightness in my calves and hips causing my squat form to be terrible. I stretch and foam roll daily now to work these kinks out. I have been able to go much lower on my squats and I have better form. Better form = being able to squat more weight = Baby hulk quads! The exercise is useless unless you have proper form.

I suggest:
-Watching yourself in a mirror to check your form
-Having a workout buddy watch your form from different angles
-Video taping yourself so you can watch your form progress
-And of course STRETCH!

@kieferkm

Speaking of stretching...

In order to gain muscle and get stronger, everyone knows you must have proper form.
This is something that I have to work on every day. The main problem I have is tightness in my calves and hips causing my squat form to be terrible. I stretch and foam roll daily now to work these kinks out. I have been able to go much lower on my squats and I have better form. Better form = being able to squat more weight = Baby hulk quads! The exercise is useless unless you have proper form.

I suggest:
-Watching yourself in a mirror to check your form
-Having a workout buddy watch your form from different angles
-Video taping yourself so you can watch your form progress
-And of course STRETCH!

@kieferkm

Glad to hear you say that . Perfect form , Slow controlled reps , And super high intensity are the 3 keys to giving anybody the physique that we are all chasing

Do you have forward lean when back squatting? And when you go past parallel do you experience the dreaded "buttwink". For those that don't know what that is, it is when your sacrum/butt tuck under into a posterior pelvic tilt.
It will take you hips right out of it and direct force through your spine. Often due to lack of Core and pelvic stability. People with this will often experience lower back, SI pain and piriformis syndrome. Especially after squats and/or deadlifts.

Nice informative post
I had a similar problem that Jim describes where I was leaning too far forward during my squats.

I do have an excessive forward lean but not too much of a posterior pelvic tilt. It's pretty much very hard for me to squat down to a twelve inch box without my knees coming in or not being able to go through full range of motion. I started putting plates under my heels and doing squats that way to begin to fix my form. Of course I only use the bar when I'm messing with my form and experimenting.

Instagram: @kieferkm

I love a lot of experience with this sort of thing. It's not always mobility and often stretching more only makes it worse.

You should be able to squat deep into a sitting position. Much past a 12" inch box. Whether you choose to load that position is based on the individual and goals. But solid movement patterns everyone should be able to do this imo. It just takes time but the more you load a bad pattern the more you enforce that pattern.
Imay make some suggestions to help without you taking offense? I only ask because I've learned that many people who look great, like yourself sometimd take offense when being critiqued. So I keep my mouth shut. I'm a trainer and strength coach with a specialty in movement training and NKT (neurokinetic therapy). Maybe you've heard of it since you're a PT student? Of not, you will.

I suggest you release hamstrings and piriformis with Foam roller or something heavier like PVC, which is my preference. Then hammer a couple of high rep sets of single leg glute bridges to fatigue and really try to get your glutes to take through hip extension. You will likely feel your hamstrings do the work or even cramp? If so, slow down and focus on the glutes.
Then you need to hit glute medium by doing something like Lateral band walks or even abduction machine. But I prefer to do them standing and it's more resembled a squat position.

Now you need to hammer out some Core stability. I like RKC planks, read about them. They are basically breathing planks with lots of tension. Stay away from regular planks for time...For time. They suck.

One more suggestion; stop heavy back squats for a while. Try anterior loaded squats like front squats, zerchers or goblet squats. They force serious Core activation and naturally correct the forward lean by firing up the deep Core muscles. Focus on squatting deep, between your hips, force your chest up and push knees out as you descend into the squat.

Do everything I suggest before your squat workout or even every session. Should only take 10min.that is a proper warm up, not the treadmill.

Btw, you look awesome and with the right work and improved movement patterns you will recruit more and more new motor units(muscle fibers) and get super strong, look and feel better and better.

Let me know if I can be further assistance.

Good luck.

IML Gear Cream!
I love the above post.

So happy this thread is starting off with knowledgeable people instead of creepers.

Mass props to Jim

Knees out is the best squats you can do, can be very painful and hard to do at first! I still have to get yelled at "knees out knee out!!!!"

Lateral band walks are impossible :) in a good way. The red resistance band and I'm through !

I love the above post.

So happy this thread is starting off with knowledgeable people instead of creepers.

Mass props to Jim

Knees out is the best squats you can do, can be very painful and hard to do at first! I still have to get yelled at "knees out knee out!!!!"

Lateral band walks are impossible :) in a good way. The red resistance band and I'm through !

Whats wrong with creepers :nerd:

good luck!

I love a lot of experience with this sort of thing. It's not always mobility and often stretching more only makes it worse.

You should be able to squat deep into a sitting position. Much past a 12" inch box. Whether you choose to load that position is based on the individual and goals. But solid movement patterns everyone should be able to do this imo. It just takes time but the more you load a bad pattern the more you enforce that pattern.
Imay make some suggestions to help without you taking offense? I only ask because I've learned that many people who look great, like yourself sometimd take offense when being critiqued. So I keep my mouth shut. I'm a trainer and strength coach with a specialty in movement training and NKT (neurokinetic therapy). Maybe you've heard of it since you're a PT student? Of not, you will.

I suggest you release hamstrings and piriformis with Foam roller or something heavier like PVC, which is my preference. Then hammer a couple of high rep sets of single leg glute bridges to fatigue and really try to get your glutes to take through hip extension. You will likely feel your hamstrings do the work or even cramp? If so, slow down and focus on the glutes.
Then you need to hit glute medium by doing something like Lateral band walks or even abduction machine. But I prefer to do them standing and it's more resembled a squat position.

Now you need to hammer out some Core stability. I like RKC planks, read about them. They are basically breathing planks with lots of tension. Stay away from regular planks for time...For time. They suck.

One more suggestion; stop heavy back squats for a while. Try anterior loaded squats like front squats, zerchers or goblet squats. They force serious Core activation and naturally correct the forward lean by firing up the deep Core muscles. Focus on squatting deep, between your hips, force your chest up and push knees out as you descend into the squat.

Do everything I suggest before your squat workout or even every session. Should only take 10min.that is a proper warm up, not the treadmill.

Btw, you look awesome and with the right work and improved movement patterns you will recruit more and more new motor units(muscle fibers) and get super strong, look and feel better and better.

Let me know if I can be further assistance.

Good luck.

Thanks for the advice! A lot of the stuff you suggested is actually what the guys at my gym are having me do lately so I'm glad they know what they're doing! We are really trying to fix my form and focus on knees out so any advice is super helpful! I'm excited to do the RKC planks! Thanks again!

I love the above post.

Mass props to Jim

I've been working on knees out like CRAZY! I've been doing squats wrong my entire life!

I've been working on knees out like CRAZY! I've been doing squats wrong my entire life!

It's a hard habit to break!!! People stay yelling at me :(

The importance of diet-

So today I have officially been 100% on my diet and back on track since my competition. Literally, after my competition I ate everything in site. Well mainly just peanut butter and Girl Scout cookies! BUT I had intentions of getting right back on diet on Sunday. That never happened. I didn't necessarily eat any junk food, I just didn't get my five meals in and I kept eating peanut butter. The next three weeks I tried to be on diet but caved into things like chocolate covered almonds, pizza and ice cream. I would say my diet was at about 60%. I ate well at work and during the week but once the weekends hit it was game over. I have been feeling so awful in the stomach and just guilty for not getting back on track. On Sunday, I decided that I have got to get it together or else I will lose my shape that I've worked so hard for. Today I can already tell I'm losing back the couple of extra pounds I gained and it is giving me some awesome extra motivation to stay on diet. I have plans to compete in June but I may delay to August or September. Mainly because I don't want to burn myself out and I want to be able to celebrate Easter events with my family. Lame excuses I know but now I am on it 100% and ready to kick booty so who knows where I will end up.

Here's what I'm doing -
1. Oatmeal and two eggs
2. Protein shake with a banana
3. Chicken and asparagus
4. Chicken and asparagus
5. Salmon with spinach and grape tomatoes and 2TBSP of Balsamic Vinegarette

This has been working very well. I have plenty of energy and I'm not ever hungry. The only thing I am truly missing are chocolates and peanut butter. I just love those things SO much. BUT I want a six pack more than I want chocolate and peanut butter for sure 😄

Diet is so crucial and I am learning the importance of it every day. This is such a mental battle so I just have to remember- MIND OVER MATTER.

How are you preparing your asparagus ? Are they worth the cost ? I always eye fuck them in the store but never buy them

How are you preparing your asparagus ? Are they worth the cost ? I always eye fuck them in the store but never buy them

I eat them a million different ways!

Sometimes I eat them raw but I cut off the big bottom parts. I will just place them in the same pan as my chicken and cook them in the oven to make them a little softer. Or I will steam them in the microwave. I think they taste good plain but occasionally I'll put Spike Seasoning on them or Mrs. Dash- YUM!

Thanks guys, I take my work very serious and have an incredible passion for sharing and helping people train, move and make huge progress while not destroying their body.

Training is the easy part. Diet the toughest part and with a body like yours you clearly have tremendous discipline.

If you are getting advice that's remotely close to what I've mentioned then the guys may know what their doing. Unfortunately many trainers and coaches have no idea how to correct movement dysfunctions. Queuing will only take you do far. If you have dysfunctional movement patterns caused by muscular imbalances you must attack the imbalances and assymetrys in order to make quality progress. Just "pushing knees out" may not recruit glute medius if it's being inhibited by facilitated by muscles like piriformis and QL, which is quite often. This will prevent Core stability and glute max recruitment when coming out of the hole.

I would need to do a full assessment to really make a determination. But a motivated, compliant person makes the adjustments to improve, then you probably will.
Do take my advice to lay off back squats for a bit and hammer the ones I've mentioned until you are better able to squat with your truck more upright. Your ego may take a temporary hit but it will pay off tremendously. I've pretty much eliminated back squats from most of my clients and athletes programs as there is so much more benefit to other movements. I will use them as assistance work to my DL, front squat or clean.
Don't get me wrong, I do love them for some and I feel so much stronger and more stable doing them know. But the required amount of Mobility through the t-spine, shoulder girdle, hips and ankles for the back squat will take a considerable amount of time before I feel comfortable loading it over 85% is not worth it when I can get the same person doing front or zercher squats with loads over 85% in just a few sessions.

Thanks for reading.

Back