• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Double Red Cell Donation

need2lift

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Last blood draw showed high RBC and Hematocrit. I am coming up on my window to donate blood and I am thinking about doing a double red cell donation instead of just whole blood. Can those that have done a double red chime in here and let me know if this is a better option then just donating whole blood? I am guessing yes but that will also double the amount of time I have to wait for the next donation from 8 weeks to 16 weeks. Worth it?

i did a double last time, i want to emphasize that i have no proof for what im about to say, to me it makes more sense and seems like it would lower rbi, hematocrit better. again idk if its true but to me if their taking double red blood it should decrease your rbc more, plus you dont have to donate as often and i think its better for your iron levels ?

Part of what makes AAS so effective is the increased RBC but it can get out of hand very quickly with deadly results.

I do double red cell donations every time I run EQ.

I do a whole blood donation 16 weeks after the double red.

If not running EQ, I normally stick with whole blood donation once or twice per cycle.

^^^ smart

i did a double last time, i want to emphasize that i have no proof for what im about to say, to me it makes more sense and seems like it would lower rbi, hematocrit better. again idk if its true but to me if their taking double red blood it should decrease your rbc more, plus you dont have to donate as often and i think its better for your iron levels ?

that was my logic too and have nothing to back it up either...LOL

Part of what makes AAS so effective is the increased RBC but it can get out of hand very quickly with deadly results.

I do double red cell donations every time I run EQ.

I do a whole blood donation 16 weeks after the double red.

If not running EQ, I normally stick with whole blood donation once or twice per cycle.

Thanks, this helps for sure.

It will lower hct and rbc count more initially than doing a regular donation. It also takes a bit longer for you to compensate and return to normal thus the longer wait between donations. It will lower your hct between 4-6% usu where as a regular donation will drop it no more than 3% at most. Its really up to you. If you feel comfortable donating dbl reds then it is certainly helps as the rbcs can help save lives. Btw how high was your hct?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

It will lower hct and rbc count more initially than doing a regular donation. It also takes a bit longer for you to compensate and return to normal thus the longer wait between donations. It will lower your hct between 4-6% usu where as a regular donation will drop it no more than 3% at most. Its really up to you. If you feel comfortable donating dbl reds then it is certainly helps as the rbcs can help save lives. Btw how high was your hct?

the kicker is that I had donated whole blood at some point prior to this blood test so I was surprised to see it that high

I'd recommend the double red cell donation.

They use an Alyx Machine...takes a little longer than a standard donation.

If you're in an area that they give you movie tickets or something when you donate they'll give you two because it counts as two donations.
When I was in Florida I donated at FBS. They gave out movie tickets, Golden Corral vouchers, t-shirts and all kinds of junk food and soda.

Where I'm at now, the Red Cross doesn't give you crap but they still collect about $500 per unit...double that for a double red cell donation.

Yeah thats pretty high esp considering a fairly recent donation. Btw just to clear up what someone speculated about iron levels. Neither type of donation will affect iron levels of healthy individuals enough to worry over. Most iron in the body is stored in the form of ferritin and if serum levels drop more is released to compensate. Only in iron storage disorders does it become a concern so donate away.

IML Gear Cream!
For the sake of mentioning it some people do complain of pain in their hips and of feeling a bit lethargic after dbl red donations but i dont know if this is psychosomatic or real side effects of donation. I've never donated dbl reds and usu just draw off a bit of my own blood each week (30-40 ml)for a few weeks if i need therapeutic phlebotomy and only donate once or twice a yr ( type A+,not as needed as some others) so i have no frame of reference to judge by.

thanks for the input guys....
needless to say I got a little nervous and dropped dosages immediately
hoping this donation helps to bring things back in line

You need to have a regular supply of iron, whether through your diet or through supplements.
The human body needs iron, unfortunately, it does a very poor job of regulating it.

You might want to get your ferritin level checked if your hcg is that high after donating

Donated whole blood...
Now wondering how long after my donation I should wait to re-run bloods and hopefully see a reduction in hematocrit and other markers?

does your rbc count and crit go back to mid normal levels after a donation..... if so a double RBC donation might take you down to low normal you might have some endurance etc issues for a few days..you marrow will pump out some slightly immature cells in a few days to take up the slack

Back