• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Driving me nuts! Need an explanation please

Nyde

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I know what progesterone does, it inhibits testosterone from converting to DHT. I got that! Totally understand this. The more progesterone, the less DHT. The problem with me is that my progesterone is high but my DHT is sky high!!! And I still have no libido!

A few friends of mine (that think they know it all....re-hashing mofos) told me that progesterone doesn't only inhibit testosterone from converting to DHT, but that progesterone in itself also blocks DHT from entering DHT receptors. Ummmm....I thought it was estrogen that did that. No??? So WTF?

Does progesterone, like estrogen, also block DHT from entering DHT receptors?

progesterone creates prolactin which is a progestin.

As a med student I can tell you that you are wrong. Progestin is a synthetic form of progesterone, progesterone is progesterone and prolactin is prolactin. Sorry, but prolactin is NOT a progestin.

As a med student I can tell you that you are wrong. Progestin is a synthetic form of progesterone, progesterone is progesterone and prolactin is prolactin. Sorry, but prolactin is NOT a progestin.

Thank you for that clarification. I have been foggy on progesterone, progestins and progestenins for a while, would love some good reading because everything I find is so vague. Not to mention almost every progesterone article I find is regarding women. Im fairly certain I saw a direct link between progesterone increas and prolactin build up, and perhaps thats where I was confused. Thanks again and if you have any links to good info Id be grateful .

Back