• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Sciatica???

sneedham

VP of LIFE
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Well thought I was on the mend and my damn lower back has gotten worse. I am now at home on FMLA and am starting to get concerned, my GP referred me to a Neuro and have an MRI scheduled for this coming Thursday. The neuro has not gotten in touch with me and of course it is a holiday weekend. Also I never realized how bad nerve pain can be. Last week I was able to perform specific stretches for my hammies and glutes; Today I can hardly get into position to stretch. WTH, something must be pinching the shit out of my sciatic nerve and I guess only an MRI will tell..If you guys have any suggestions I would really appreciate it..Been icing it several times a day, already been through the normal prescribed meds like steroid shot in the ass, prednisone pack, cyclobenzoprine, mobic, and the last visit GP gave me two days worth of low dose hydros. I thought the hydros would take away all the pain but they dont. Need advice this pain is almost unbearable...Its like I would love to punch a whole in the wall just so my mind would focus on the pain in my hand....Of course I won't, just sayin....I also had X-rays done about three weeks ago of my lumbar spine area and my back was as straight as a friggin pencil and of course that area should have a curve to it...Radiologist called back saying something about slight pinch and L4, L5 and S1...Fast forward to now and my guess is somehow that pinch has gotten a lot worse. I feel the nerve all the way down the back of my leg, and under my foot..This is getting crazy..Getting numbness and tingling for the first time as well. Also pain is more radiating and sharp now. Used to be able to get comfortable, NOT anymore.......

Feel your pain bro, I had back surgery at 23 years old for that shit. I would have to lay on the floor sometimes because my mattress wasn't stiff enough. Try putting a pillow or two under the back of knees to get some relief. Good luck I was miserable for two years cause Dr. didn't want to get me addicted to opiates at such young age so I just had to suffer. That was 20 years ago, my surgery was 90% improvement .I had a really good surgeon.

Research mega dose of vitamin c. It helps my sciatica.

Feel your pain bro, I had back surgery at 23 years old for that shit. I would have to lay on the floor sometimes because my mattress wasn't stiff enough. Try putting a pillow or two under the back of knees to get some relief. Good luck I was miserable for two years cause Dr. didn't want to get me addicted to opiates at such young age so I just had to suffer. That was 20 years ago, my surgery was 90% improvement .I had a really good surgeon.

WOW.. I could not go for 2 years and I will try the pillows. Thanks bro...

Research mega dose of vitamin c. It helps my sciatica.

My research is beginning right now and then sending the wifey or myself to the store.....

Just had this issue, started with lots of stretching, 20000mgs of vit c (thanks to sapo59), and lots of walking on the treadmill. Tapered down to a dose of 4000 to 6000mga of vit c after pain started going away. I sleep good and feel great now, check out my thread on my lower back pain for all the details.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

You sure its sciatica and not your piroformis being too tight?

Just had this issue, started with lots of stretching, 20000mgs of vit c (thanks to sapo59), and lots of walking on the treadmill. Tapered down to a dose of 4000 to 6000mga of vit c after pain started going away. I sleep good and feel great now, check out my thread on my lower back pain for all the details.

I am going to try the vit C and see how it works along with some magnesium oil..

You sure its sciatica and not your piroformis being too tight?

It is sciatica but I believe the piroformis is one of the contributing factors. I have been religously stretching that particular muscle.

When I had it, it also felt as if my pelvis was pushed forward. Work on a lot of hamstring stretching, lower back stretching and walking. Sitting or resting only puts more pressure on it and makes it worse.

Get some real pain meds until the MRI. Good luck and hope you don't have major disc damage. Went through two discs blown a couple years ago. If it is as bad as you describe, just get the meds and try to stay in whatever position is most comfortable. Ice can help short-term. I have a pillow that I put underneath my knees that helps with the worst pain. Sciatica at it's worst can be completely debilitating. Hang in there.

IML Gear Cream!
How you feeling now brother?

Update...I got my MRI and saw my Neurologist with the results. :wits: Call it what you want but my L4-L5 is blown, this is exactly what I did not want to hear. In fact part of the disc, about 1/3 has broken off, causing much more discomfort. He referred to it as a floater and explained where it is at and why it is one of his biggest concerns. The floater is pressing against my nerves in that area and it has created the sciatic pain along with other nerve pain. Funny part is he already had pain med script wrote out before he came into the room. He checked several reflex areas in my legs and arms and I have none in my left leg on the back side. He told me not to freak out but that I needed to be very careful when trying to walk because I could lose mobility in the leg and not even be aware of it. He was very detailed and took is time with me which is very important in my books. I am scheduled to see the neuro-surgeon on Tuesday, June 2nd.
He said at that time he was also going to perform a couple more tests because he knew the surgeon would want them. The first test has something to do with pin pointing which nerves are involved and he said in a nice tone that that test is not very comfortable. WTH, to me that means it is going to hurt like a bitch. I do not remember what the second test is.
Anyway, that brings us up to where I am at as I sit here typing away, wondering if there will be performing surgery or not, lol odds are they will be. I believe I will be having a Discectomy, which seems to have the most and best recovery for the patient.
Ok this is turning into a book, one last thing, one of the things on my mind was when can I get back to the gym and how pissed off I was at the weight I had already dropped.......

I hope you the best brother, this type of thing is definitely not something to take lightly. Its common though so surgery should not be a big issue but recovery may be a bitch to say the least.

I hope you the best brother, this type of thing is definitely not something to take lightly. Its common though so surgery should not be a big issue but recovery may be a bitch to say the least.

Hey rambo99, why do you think recovery will be a bitch?

Just talking from having convos with ppl who have had back surgery. I'm no expert or know much about it brother, just saying recovery may be a PITA for stuff like this.

Back