Following a bodybuilders diet when you don't compete and are not even a bodybuilder.

Threaded View

Rep Points

Following a bodybuilders diet when you don't compete and are not even a bodybuilder.

Hello Everyone,

I came to this forum today to get your opinion.

A friend of mine has OCD. Everytime he gets involved in something he goes crazy. Its all he thinks about and wants to be around. Well ever since he started lifting weights, he keeps telling me that if we have pizza one night a week or a few drinks, that all his muscles will go away. This is a guy who spends 6 days a week and sometimes 7 in the gym. He keeps a food journal and never eats junk food. Its all stuff such as Chicken, Turkey, Eye of the Round, Salmon, Asparagus, brown rice, yams, whole wheat bread, greek yogurt, oatmeal, avocado, Tuna, Peanut Butter, cottage cheese and so forth. Along with Whey Protein. I try to get him sometimes to relax and enjoy his life and he says he can't eat certain things. I respect that but HE isn't even a bodybuilder. He keeps saying he just wants to build nice muscle and definition. Your thoughts? Is it silly for him to be so obsessive? Especially since he isn't even a bodybuilder? He has this fear that if he eats a hamburger or has a few drinks once a week that he won't build muscle.
    Last edited by LivingtoLearn; 06-02-2014 at 04:09 PM.