IronMag Research Chems


Congressmen Introduce Anabolic Steroids Bill in House

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 36
  1. #1
    Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR
    heavyiron's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Staying Anabolic
    Posts
    15,105
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Congressmen Introduce Anabolic Steroids Bill in House






    Congressmen Introduce Anabolic Steroids Bill in House

    May 30, 2014

    WASHINGTON—Reps. Joe Pitts (R-Penn.) and Frank Pallone (D-N.J.) have introduced legislation in the House designed to crack down on anabolic steroids masquerading as dietary supplements, according to the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN).

    The legislation serves as a companion bill to the Senate’s Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act (DASCA) of 2014, which was introduced in February by Sens. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) and Orrin Hatch (R-Utah).

    “The introduction of the House bill is the next step toward full passage of a much-needed law that will further empower the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) with new tools to identify and quickly respond when new designer anabolic steroids are introduced and falsely marketed as dietary supplements," said Mike Greene, CRN’s vice president of government relations, in a statement.

    The Senate bill, introduced amid the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, would classify "designer anabolic steroids" found in gyms, retail stores and over the Internet as controlled substances.

    According to Hatch and Whitehouse, the products are made by reverse engineering illegal steroids and slightly changing their chemical composition. Such reengineering avoids placement on DEA's list of controlled substances, posing a dilemma for federal authorities. According to a DEA official in 2009 testimony on Capitol Hill, if products containing designer steroids meet the definition of a dietary supplement, FDA must demonstrate that they are "adulterated"—presenting "a significant or unreasonable risk of illness or injury"—before they can be removed from the market.

    Hatch and Whitehouse warned that designer steroids can cause such harm as liver injury and an increased risk of a heart attack and stroke, and may lead to addiction and aggression.

    The Senate's legislation will "allow DEA to respond faster to stop those criminals who create new anabolic substances closely resembling listed ones, but tweaked just enough that they are not identical to the ones listed," CRN president and CEO Steve Mister wrote in a March 10, 2014 article for Natural Products INSIDER. "The misbranded steroids, illegally sold as dietary supplements, are not only dangerous for consumers, but also unfairly damage the reputation of responsible dietary supplement companies that provide consumers with legitimate, high-quality and beneficial supplements for sports nutrition and performance."





    IronMagLabs 15% Off Coupon Code = heavyiron15



    IronMag Research Now Open! - heavyiron15 for 15% off!
    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.



  2. #2
    Registered User
    MI1972's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    532
    Rep Points
    107308439

    But tobacco is legal and a personal choice??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    HeavyB's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In my own Mind.
    Posts
    991
    Rep Points
    182805081

    Law makers a bunch of damn idiots.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    MI1972's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    532
    Rep Points
    107308439

    Its all about controlling the populous...

  5. #5
    Registered User
    AvA182's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    384
    Rep Points
    62438210

    Idiots aren't doing anything but wasting our money and there time to work on other acually important things

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Gibbz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    627
    Rep Points
    21248049

    Quote Originally Posted by AvA182 View Post
    Idiots aren't doing anything but wasting our money and there time to work on other acually important things
    Agreed. Good thing there isn't anything important they should be worrying about

    -jwgibbons
    The artist formally known as jwgibbons
    All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only. I do not condone the use of illegal drugs and do not use them myself.

  7. #7
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    177
    Rep Points
    7614285

    Quote Originally Posted by jwgibbons View Post
    Agreed. Good thing there isn't anything important they should be worrying about

    -jwgibbons
    If our Founding Fathers were alive, they'd be in Washington hanging these bastards right now!

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Gibbz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    627
    Rep Points
    21248049

    Quote Originally Posted by devildogusmc View Post
    If our Founding Fathers were alive, they'd be in Washington hanging these bastards right now!
    Agreed, that should be the case with us however the government has done a great job making us feel weak and terrified to claim our country back.

    -jwgibbons
    The artist formally known as jwgibbons
    All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only. I do not condone the use of illegal drugs and do not use them myself.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    81
    Rep Points
    2957491

    Its all about getting a bill to fix an issue that made it to the news (even though generally nobody cares) so people thing they are actually doing something and justify their huge paychecks.

  10. #10
    Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER
    KelJu's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    In my imagination.
    Posts
    14,965
    Rep Points
    1106609942

    Quote Originally Posted by devildogusmc View Post
    If our Founding Fathers were alive, they'd be in Washington hanging these bastards right now!
    I doubt it. I think they would be too ashamed of Americans and what we have become. They would simply leave us to our fate. As a whole, we are not worth saving.
    Fucking Determined!

  11. #11
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Curling in the squat rack
    Posts
    69
    Rep Points
    22072372

    Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    I doubt it. I think they would be too ashamed of Americans and what we have become. They would simply leave us to our fate. As a whole, we are not worth saving.
    Not so sure about that. They waged a revolution because of a tax on their breakfast beverage, and it wasn't even coffee!

  12. #12
    big for a notbig


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    SLUMERICA
    Posts
    2,416
    Rep Points
    293087326

    At least it is a bipartisan bill. That's progress.
    Cumming day and night.

  13. #13
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    51
    Rep Points
    971686

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel618 View Post
    At least it is a bipartisan bill. That's progress.

    Yep, idiots on both sides of the aisle.

  14. #14
    YOU ME WE
    ELITE MEMBER
    IronAddict's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In my skin
    Posts
    10,238
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Ben Franklin sometimes wished for an English victory, because Americans were a mob and still are. Just now were an assorted mob and the politicians get over on us because of it.

    I'm thinking i'm going to do what Prince did and jump this coop?



  15. #15
    Registered User
    MI1972's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    532
    Rep Points
    107308439

    Quote Originally Posted by IronAddict View Post
    Ben Franklin sometimes wished for an English victory, because Americans were a mob and still are. Just now were an assorted mob and the politicians get over on us because of it.

    I'm thinking i'm going to do what Prince did and jump this coop?
    Want to see a fukd up goverment come to california. They have successfully destroyed a beautiful state.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    61
    Rep Points
    35716

    Let's ban cars, tylenol, swimming pools, 5 gallon buckets, and hands and feet. These items combined kill and hospitaize hundreds of thousands every year.

    Here is a novel idea. Require you to pass a steroids test. Then get all the 'roids you want. Lawmakers should enact a law requiring you to pass basic life skills before you can reproduce.

  17. #17
    VP of LIFE
    ELITE MEMBER
    sneedham's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    AMA Army
    Posts
    1,941
    Rep Points
    457878105

    What an F'n joke....But you can drink coffee? I'm on the verge of a melt just reading the first paragraph of HI's post...
    ?This message was sent using true power!!!

  18. #18
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR
    s2h's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Green and Mean
    Posts
    3,698
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    i doubt this Bill will pass as it's written now...it's unconstitutional...DEA enforces the law it doesn't make it...by being the sole decider on what is "illegal" or designed to beat the system is not the the way the constitution is designed...

    then again Gov just does whatever they want...what laws??



    ALL POSTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY..

  19. #19
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    177
    Rep Points
    7614285

    Quote Originally Posted by s2h View Post
    i doubt this Bill will pass as it's written now...it's unconstitutional...DEA enforces the law it doesn't make it...by being the sole decider on what is "illegal" or designed to beat the system is not the the way the constitution is designed...

    then again Gov just does whatever they want...what laws??
    We've sadly come to the place in America where a 2nd revolution is sadly necessary. Our government is COMPLETELY BROKEN, and out of control. Our Founding Fathers created the 2nd Amendment so free Americans can use force to remove a tyrannical government, and restore the Constitution, and freedom. Tyrannical is EXACTLY what we have today...

  20. #20
    Registered User
    exerciseordie's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    921
    Rep Points
    46466714

    Seriously fuck the fact that we are in debt to our eyeballs, have serious drug problems (not aas or weed), and our education system is a joke. Let's crack down on pro hormones, that's a real issue....wtf
    Check out Evolution Peptides for some great deals and amazing quality!!!

  21. #21
    Registered User
    NoviceAAS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    712
    Rep Points
    106841654

    Fucking Republicans and their war on drugs .

  22. #22
    Registered User
    exerciseordie's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    921
    Rep Points
    46466714

    Quote Originally Posted by NoviceAAS View Post
    Fucking Republicans and their war on drugs .
    Not to get political but both parties are the problem here.
    Check out Evolution Peptides for some great deals and amazing quality!!!

  23. #23
    Registered User
    AvA182's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    384
    Rep Points
    62438210

    Quote Originally Posted by jwgibbons View Post
    Agreed. Good thing there isn't anything important they should be worrying about

    -jwgibbons
    lol ya i no right

  24. #24
    Registered User
    AvA182's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    384
    Rep Points
    62438210

    Quote Originally Posted by YorkBarbell View Post
    Yep, idiots on both sides of the aisle.
    lmfaooo

  25. #25
    Registered User
    AvA182's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    384
    Rep Points
    62438210

    Quote Originally Posted by mistermak View Post
    let's ban cars, tylenol, swimming pools, 5 gallon buckets, and hands and feet. These items combined kill and hospitaize hundreds of thousands every year.

    Here is a novel idea. Require you to pass a steroids test. Then get all the 'roids you want. Lawmakers should enact a law requiring you to pass basic life skills before you can reproduce.

    lolllllll

  26. #26
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    177
    Rep Points
    7614285

    Quote Originally Posted by exerciseordie View Post
    Not to get political but both parties are the problem here.
    And if our Founders were alive, both parties would be marched out of power at the end of rifle barrels. This is the country of our Founding Fathers. It's THEIR country. They intended freedom, yet, both parties have done so much damage to freedom, it's now the "f word" among democrats, in particular. The democrats have become the party of zero freedom, total government control, and tyranny. The republicans have become the party that sits around and bitches, but does ZERO about problems facing America, yet wants to throw in an occasional bill about male hormones (along with the democrats), they know jack shit nothing about. Ok... I don't know anything about doing breast implants. Since I like natural tits anyway, I guess should I introduce a bill banning the practice of chics getting fake tits? LOL!! Seriously, this is the kind of shit that is running America right into a 3rd world country!
    I'm Libertarian. Even though I'm a registered republican (to vote in the primaries), I vote freedom and common sense. The rest of America wouldn't know what the fuck common sense and true freedom was if it were hanging from their ass holes.

  27. #27
    Newbie


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by s2h View Post
    i doubt this Bill will pass as it's written now...it's unconstitutional...DEA enforces the law it doesn't make it...by being the sole decider on what is "illegal" or designed to beat the system is not the the way the constitution is designed...

    then again Gov just does whatever they want...what laws??
    Unfortunately congress, state and local governements are passing laws more and more regularly that are unconstitutional, slowly stripping us of our rights and because the people (mob) don't understand, care or are too stupid to realize that its happening, therefore letting it continue. Some lawmaker got a call from some crying constituent about their son dying from these awful "supplements" but fail to mention ALL PRODUCTS can have these effects one time in a million...But no lets ban supplements that help people become more FIT so instead more Americans will workout LESS and get even fatter and while we're at it, lets legalize POT instead! Vote Libertarian

  28. #28
    Newbie


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by devildogusmc View Post
    And if our Founders were alive, both parties would be marched out of power at the end of rifle barrels. This is the country of our Founding Fathers. It's THEIR country. They intended freedom, yet, both parties have done so much damage to freedom, it's now the "f word" among democrats, in particular. The democrats have become the party of zero freedom, total government control, and tyranny. The republicans have become the party that sits around and bitches, but does ZERO about problems facing America, yet wants to throw in an occasional bill about male hormones (along with the democrats), they know jack shit nothing about. Ok... I don't know anything about doing breast implants. Since I like natural tits anyway, I guess should I introduce a bill banning the practice of chics getting fake tits? LOL!! Seriously, this is the kind of shit that is running America right into a 3rd world country!


    I'm Libertarian. Even though I'm a registered republican (to vote in the primaries), I vote freedom and common sense. The rest of America wouldn't know what the fuck common sense and true freedom was if it were hanging from their ass holes.
    ^Perfect

  29. #29
    Registered User
    Swiper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,724
    Rep Points
    153275746

    this is another example of govt trying to protect you from yourself. It always leads to a loss of our liberties (freedom to choose what we do to our own bodies) and a tyrannical govt.
    -S-

  30. #30
    Registered User
    NoviceAAS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    712
    Rep Points
    106841654






    Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    this is another example of govt trying to protect you from yourself. It always leads to a loss of our liberties (freedom to choose what we do to our own bodies) and a tyrannical govt.
    I disagree , and perhaps you might agree with me on this. I believe this is yet another example of our government being in the pocket of big pharma and other large corporations. Have you seen how many commercials they now run for " low T " ? This is potential big business for them, so they cant have underground and illegal possession and self prescribed treatment of low T.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 10:49 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2013, 03:10 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 06:15 AM
  4. Boehner: White House Should Support Jobs Bill
    By Curt James in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 06:27 PM
  5. Dr. Ron Paul's Audit the Fed bill passes the House.
    By Diesel618 in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-25-2012, 05:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DISABLED END -->