• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

whaddaya think a/ my diet routine... (JODI)

eya_21

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
olaaaaaa, i need your comment about my daily diet intake (140 lbs) and i wanted to gain more muscle, which means that i have to bulk first rite? so this is what ive bin dumping in my stomach for the past 3 months..

breakfast
- onion bagels, turkey breast, romainne lettuce, provolone cheese and dills

lunch
- white rice, chicken breast, spinach and 2 eggs
-whey protein (48 grams)
- glutamine (twinlabs, 2 capsules)

then i workout for 60-90 mins, 2 days on and 2 days off.

fix my self up with another whey protein (48grams) after workout and added glutamine (Twinlab, 2 capsules). 2 hours later i would have:

-bagels, roast beef, romaine lettuce, provolone cheese and dills
- Whey protein AST VP2 (48 grams)

thats what my diet looks like for this past 3 months, but i dont know if that would be enough for me to gain more pounds (apprx 25 lbs in 3-4 months).. any tips? infos? thank you all ...

o yea JODI, or any other peeps who knows about this, whaddaya think i should be better off eating to gain more lbs, cause im sick of eating the same thing again and again.. cheers guys

:D :thumb:

Originally posted by eya_21

Welcom to IM :wave:

olaaaaaa, i need your comment about my daily diet intake (140 lbs) and i wanted to gain more muscle, which means that i have to bulk first rite? so this is what ive bin dumping in my stomach for the past 3 months..

Let me start by saying you are by far eating enough food if you want to put on muscle. You need to start eating 5-6 small meals a day equally proportioned with Protein, slow burning carbs and fat

breakfast
- onion bagels, turkey breast, romainne lettuce, provolone cheese and dills

Even while bulking bagels are a no no, they will only get you fat. I will list some better carb choices for you

lunch
- white rice, chicken breast, spinach and 2 eggs
-whey protein (48 grams)
- glutamine (twinlabs, 2 capsules)

[b/] Same goes here for white rice. Brown rice is a slow burning carb[/b]

then i workout for 60-90 mins, 2 days on and 2 days off.

fix my self up with another whey protein (48grams) after workout and added glutamine (Twinlab, 2 capsules). 2 hours later i would have:

-bagels, roast beef, romaine lettuce, provolone cheese and dills
- Whey protein AST VP2 (48 grams)

thats what my diet looks like for this past 3 months, but i dont know if that would be enough for me to gain more pounds (apprx 25 lbs in 3-4 months).. any tips? infos? thank you all ...

o yea JODI, or any other peeps who knows about this, whaddaya think i should be better off eating to gain more lbs, cause im sick of eating the same thing again and again.. cheers guys

I assume here by your stats that you are a hard gainer. I would suggest starting at 15 calx *BW and then increase as needed. Try something like this for 2 weeks and if you are still not gaining then increase your macros a bit in each meal.

Protein: 250 G
Carbs: 250 G
Fat: 55 G

Meals 1,2,3,4,
Protein: 50G
Carbs: 60G
Fat: 11 G

Meal 6:
Protein: 50G
Fat: 12 G

Fats should be in every meal. Stick with lean cuts of meat and then add in Essential Fatty Acids to make up for the rest of the fat for that meal.

Slow burning carbs should consist of the follow: Oats, scottish oats, brown rice, sweet potatos, legumes, lentils, grapefruit, apples, peaches, pears, nectarines, berries

I will post the shopping list of good food choices in the next post. Use www.fitday.com to put in all your meals and you will be able to see what you've eaten or going to eat (I like to do it ahead of time) and that way you can adjust the macros to fit that meal. Please start out slowly and increase as needed. Don't just start eating all this food if you body is not use to it. Eat every 3 -3.5 hours and be sure that your meal after your workout contains a slow burning carb.

:D :thumb:

Shopping list!

sugar-free low carb protein powder
lean beef
buffalo
chicken breast
turkey breast
fresh fish
canned tuna
canned salmon
eggs
cottage cheese
sweet potatoes
yams
long grain brown rice
old fashioned oats
steel cut oats
fiber one cereal
uncle sam
lentils
legumes
eggplant
squash
romaine lettuce
spinach
asparagus
avocado
broccoli
brussels sprouts
cabbage
cauliflower
cucumbers
celery
peppers (any color)
mushrooms
string beans
zucchini
apples
fresh or frozen (w/o syrup) berries
peaches
grapefruit
fish oil capsules
olive oil
safflower oil
flax seed oil
walnut oil
almonds
walnuts
natural sugar-free peanut butter

Please be sure to read these stickys before you get started.

EFA's

Great Info

Hi eya_21!

This is what you've been eating for the past 3 months...have you seen any gains? Are you currently weightlifting now or looking to start?

Here is some general advice to get you started on creating a good meal plan outline:

You need to eat 5-6 times a day...this is very important if you want to gain mass! You really need to eat every 2 to 2.5 hours if you want to gain!

You need to eat clean foods and balanced meals. Each meal should contain Pro, Carb, Fat.

You should aim for roughly 1.5 to 2 X your bodyweight for protein intake. E.g. 140 x 1.5 = 210gram of Protein DAILY split across all 6 of your meals. Each meal should have NO MORE than 60g of protein cause your body can't really process more than that.

Bulking plans usually start with a rough estimate of 16-18 X your bodyweight. So you should be aiming for over 2200 kcals daily, again this should be split across all your meals. You gotta eat to grow!! :D

I don't see many fats in your diet...you need to have a good mix of Pro, Carb, Fat. There are alot of splits that work nicely, everybody is different. Maybe you could start with a 40/40/20 (Pro/Carb/Fat) split and work from there.

You need to add better carb sources (slow-burning carbs) to your diet, alot more veggies, and fats (EFA's)

Also add more solid food and less shakes, you need the extra calories to grow!

Okay that should get you started! Read the "Newbies Start Here" sticky at the top of the forum and write out a meal breakdown with macros and we'll work from there!

Oh and welcome to IM! :D

Last edited:
:lol: Dymas I already wrote all that up above plus a plan,. ;) :lol:

Duh :D I know I was sloooooooowwwwwww this morning. Clicked reply than started writing and cooked breakfast...by the time i finished writing and hit submit you had already posted...heheh guess today was a bad day to try and cut down on my morning coffee :rolleyes:

thanks you guys, im gonna go get this shopping list that u gave me Jodi, and when you said im a hard gainer, is there a way for me to easily gain or that is something that i have to cope with forever. and yes Dymas, ive gained 2 lbs with this diet and yes im currently weightlifting (2 days on and 2 days off). i was just confused why i took me 2 months to gain 2 lbs while other people can gain weight and muscle so easily.
thanks again

you're probably a hard gainer...I know that eating bagels twice a day would have me gaining weight faster than I could weigh myself :D

You'll just have to eat a crap-load (from the shopping list) and you'll gain some muscle mass and weight. Just be careful to not jump into your new meal plan too quickly, you want to slowly keep raising the calories. :thumb:

thanks dymas, does that mean i have a high metabolism, so my body burns faat faster than other people do?

IML Gear Cream!
Well you tell me. Do you gain weight fast or slow?

uffffff.. true true. can somebody tell me where i can get meal recipes for bulking ive got all the shopping list that Jodi told me to get but i cant really cook :headbang: , so i need like a step by step info on how to make myself up a nice meal .. o yea the stickies that prince posted about recipes didnt work for me
:thumb:

and is there a meal pattern that i can follow or can somebody post up their diet pattern day by day.. thanks again

No there is no meal pattern this is something you need to figure for yourself. There are alo of recipes in the recipe section that fit your meal plan. Check out protein shakes and such.

whatabout recipes then? i got everything that u said i needed to get but i just dunno what to do with them, i cant cook.. ive bin looking for recipes here on the net but cant find a specific recipes for peeps who are bulking.. most of the recipes on the net has many fat.. thanks

Back