Do you surround yourself with people who are just like you when it comes to fitness?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    275

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    22620102

    Do you surround yourself with people who are just like you when it comes to fitness?

    Ok for example, Im having a hard time finding people who are into fitness like I am.

    The majority of people do not work out or eat clean. That is why over 50 % of people in the United States are overweight.

    Its getting frustrating. Most people I meet want to go to bars on the weekend and if you bring your own food to work and hit the gym on Friday nights they think you are weird.

    Where can I go to meet people? Are there any places you guys know about? Even at the gym most people who go there are not very dedicated. They work out to feel less guilty about eating like crap and drinking like fishes. I guess maybe I should just stop worrying so much. But its nice to have a social life surrounded by people who enjoy other things than bars and eating poorly for enjoyment. Yes everyone is entitled to a cheat meal, but once in a while. The majority go out for fun and what do they do more than once a week? They eat pizzas, burgers, and drink beer. They may go workout once or twice a week. They do not workout 6-7 days per week. They are not serious.

  2. #2
    The People's choice
    MODERATOR
    REDDOG309's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    58
    Posts
    5,842

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    91
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    100
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647


    get out of the chain gyms and find a hardcore gym in your area.......
    Don't tread on me!!
    Quit Bitching, Start a Revolution
    Don't fuck with old people, they're unpredictable....
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Is reddog a mod yet?

  3. #3
    Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    275

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    22620102

    Quote Originally Posted by REDDOG309 View Post
    get out of the chain gyms and find a hardcore gym in your area.......
    Yes I agree with you. But how do I go about my old friends? Do I cut them off slowly since they don't practice the same lifestyle as I do?

  4. #4
    Registered User
    HeavyB's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In my own Mind.
    Posts
    1,195

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    206931328


    Quote Originally Posted by LivingtoLearn View Post
    Yes I agree with you. But how do I go about my old friends? Do I cut them off slowly since they don't practice the same lifestyle as I do?
    You must be a young dude. I am a old dude and I might can count my friends on both hands.. I talk to alot of people but I dont hang out with anyone but my wife and kids.
    http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/si...ic104208_2.gif
    Pharma Quality :: Underground Prices
    Min. Order $300 :: 3-5 Day T/A :: Guaranteed Delivery

  5. #5
    Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    275

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    22620102

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyB View Post
    You must be a young dude. I am a old dude and I might can count my friends on both hands.. I talk to alot of people but I dont hang out with anyone but my wife and kids.
    Im in my 30's. I also can count my true friends on one hand.

    But no one I know would be willing to go to the gym on Friday nights instead of a bar. Except for my gf but sometimes its nice to have another buddy to lift with. I feel alone.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    HeavyB's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In my own Mind.
    Posts
    1,195

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    206931328


    Man I know what you mean I lift alone but you know you can count on yourself to show up. Yeah the gym is dead on friday nights which i lifte around 8 am daily it is always dead then too. I know a couple guys in there I would ask for a spot but hell I can lift heavy and do it in the power rack and be just as safe. Go to the gym at not the normal hours and you will find people in there that think the same way.
    http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/si...ic104208_2.gif
    Pharma Quality :: Underground Prices
    Min. Order $300 :: 3-5 Day T/A :: Guaranteed Delivery

  7. #7
    Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    275

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    22620102

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyB View Post
    Man I know what you mean I lift alone but you know you can count on yourself to show up. Yeah the gym is dead on friday nights which i lifte around 8 am daily it is always dead then too. I know a couple guys in there I would ask for a spot but hell I can lift heavy and do it in the power rack and be just as safe. Go to the gym at not the normal hours and you will find people in there that think the same way.
    Yeah it would be nice to meet a few new people that you could feed off of for encouragement and support and conversation. Instead of being invited out to a bar, maybe have some waters or Iced Tea. It amazes me that people in general need to drink to have fun on weekends. People in general just want to go drinking. Bodybuilding is an individual sport that is for sure.

  8. #8
    vv MINE!!
    skinnyguy180's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Flip Side
    Posts
    3,304

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    98
    Thanked in
    58 Posts
    Rep Points
    621047710


    You sound like a girl...

    Do you have to go to the bathroom with a partner also? You need to spend more time researching what your doing an less time worried about what your friends are doing. It seems like every thread you post has something to do with you not being able to drink with your friends. I am not a body builder by any means but I certainly dont care what my friends are doing while I'm at the gym working my ass off.. Im there cause i want to be it has nothing to do with other people..

    edit: And BTW this is not bodybuilding gossip!
    All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

  9. #9
    Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    275

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    22620102

    Quote Originally Posted by skinnyguy180 View Post
    You sound like a girl...

    Do you have to go to the bathroom with a partner also? You need to spend more time researching what your doing an less time worried about what your friends are doing. It seems like every thread you post has something to do with you not being able to drink with your friends. I am not a body builder by any means but I certainly dont care what my friends are doing while I'm at the gym working my ass off.. Im there cause i want to be it has nothing to do with other people..

    edit: And BTW this is not bodybuilding gossip!
    LOL Ok settle down.

    Anyway, just saying it is a little frustrating when people you know only call ya or invite you places on Facebook when it involves a bar. Every Friday night its like "Hey blah blah blah, meet up at so and so place!"

    I would love for the day to be invited to a group lift session at the gym instead.

  10. #10
    Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    275

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    22620102

    Quote Originally Posted by OfficerFarva View Post
    I'm surprised anyone invites you out, you sound like a bitch.
    Yeah Im a bitch. That's for sure.

  11. #11
    Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    AvA182's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    398

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    62438210


    Quote Originally Posted by skinnyguy180 View Post
    You sound like a girl...

    Do you have to go to the bathroom with a partner also? You need to spend more time researching what your doing an less time worried about what your friends are doing. It seems like every thread you post has something to do with you not being able to drink with your friends. I am not a body builder by any means but I certainly dont care what my friends are doing while I'm at the gym working my ass off.. Im there cause i want to be it has nothing to do with other people..

    edit: And BTW this is not bodybuilding gossip!

    Quote Originally Posted by OfficerFarva View Post
    I'm surprised anyone invites you out, you sound like a bitch.

    lmfaoooo you guys always make me laugh when i get on here. i fukn love it!

  12. #12
    vv MINE!!
    skinnyguy180's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Flip Side
    Posts
    3,304

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    98
    Thanked in
    58 Posts
    Rep Points
    621047710


    Quote Originally Posted by AvA182 View Post
    lmfaoooo you guys always make me laugh when i get on here. i fukn love it!

    Dammit AVA you better post something funny, grotesque or informative or I'm going to start negging you!!!
    All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

  13. #13
    Head Pooh Bear
    Big Puppy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Uzbekistan
    Posts
    534

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    191935193


    Why can't you hang out with your friends? Do you have to get hammered at the bar or can you just hang out? I can't think of one "friend" that I hang out with that lives my lifestyle. Welcome to the .1%. Then again, other hobbies of mine are different than others. You can't have the same hobbies and life as everyone and it seems like you're limiting yourself. Never give up a good friend. They're hard to find. And living a different lifestyle, unless it's morally wrong to you, is not a reason to drop them. If all they want to do is drink, then branch out. But make sure you have a GOOD reason to get rid of a friend

  14. #14
    Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    275

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    22620102

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Puppy View Post
    Why can't you hang out with your friends? Do you have to get hammered at the bar or can you just hang out? I can't think of one "friend" that I hang out with that lives my lifestyle. Welcome to the .1%. Then again, other hobbies of mine are different than others. You can't have the same hobbies and life as everyone and it seems like you're limiting yourself. Never give up a good friend. They're hard to find. And living a different lifestyle, unless it's morally wrong to you, is not a reason to drop them. If all they want to do is drink, then branch out. But make sure you have a GOOD reason to get rid of a friend
    These people, all they do is hang out in bars and drink. Everything they do revolves around drinking. Why should I waste my time hangin out with them? The word Moderation does not exist to these people. Its all they talk about and all they do. Its quite depressing to witness people who once worked out but now do not cause they would rather drink instead.

  15. #15
    Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    KelJu's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    In my imagination.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,919

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    1115136028


    I hang out with people I like. I don't care if they lift or not. My closest friends do not lift, and they are friends that only come around a few times in a lifetime, so I won't snub them just because they want to drink and smoke. It makes it hard, but my determination will see me through.
    Fucking Determined!

Similar Threads

  1. Hello there fitness people, Newbie saying "hello"
    By Snoogal in forum New Members
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 04:44 AM
  2. Questions surround shooting of baseballer's son
    By min0 lee in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 03:07 PM
  3. Coalition troops surround Taliban town (AP)
    By Prince in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2007, 07:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2001-2017 IronMag® Bodybuilding Forums