• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

AAS and hematocrit

malfeasance

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have read various threads on here about high hematocrit induced by steroids, and the advice seems to be - donate blood. This advice was repeated in a column in this months Muscular Development.

Hematocrit, however, is a measure of the percentage of red blood cells in a blood cell count. How can donating blood change this figure?

Red blood cells live for about 120 days from the time they are formed in the bone marrow to the time they are removed by the spleen. During those 4 months, red blood cells grow progressively stiffer and more rigid. This increases the viscosity of blood. Red blood cell stiffness is the second most influential factor that determines a person’s blood viscosity [2]. Blood donation removes a portion of old and stiff red blood cells, replacing them with softer, younger cells.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17842793

Basically your trying to reduce the viscosity of your blood.

Do they test for androgens or anything like that?

Have any of you donated blood? Does it lower blood pressure or do anything else objectively measurable? What about subjective opinions? Do you feel better after?

They do plasma replacement to maintain volume and replace the platelets if you're referring to dbl red cell apherisis. This can make you feel a bit sluggish and tired for a few days til your marrow kicks out enough reticulocytes to replace the cells you lost. It does lower hct and it can have a temporary lowering effect on bp but since bp is controlled by reabsorption of sodium and water in the kidney tubules under the influence of a hormonal feed back system your bp will quickly be back to where it normally is. It is always a good and needed service to donate blood but remember also that when you give dbl reds you must wait twice as long before you're eligible to donate again. And no they dont test for androgens but you will have to answer a very detailed list of questions prior to donating. Just lie about the injecting of drugs not given to you by your doctor part lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Ive donated blood twice this year, technically your not supposed to donate if you've taken steroids, but the reason is they think you might have shared needles and caught something. The first time I donated I was scared, took two tries to get my bp down it was so jacked up from thick blood. The hemocrit test just read "HHH" for high. I don't even take half of what somepeople seem to think is normal dosages. (Ill take like 500mg/week test, 300 tren 300 eq AT THE MOST, or something similar, normally much less.) My blood does not thin out as fast as I hoped, but also took like two years to get too thick. I noticed a yearly check up it was at the top of the RBC range and hemocrit range, then a few months later I got paranoid and donated, my face was always flushed and I was panicking knowing I could have a stroke. Second time two months later was near top of the range. Now I took a little break because It doesn't get thick as fast as it goes down at donating for me. You can buy a home hemocrit tester for a couple hundred bucks maybe less, I plan on getting one when I can. If not just donate every few months.

Back