• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Cardio yes or no if your goal is to build mass.

LivingtoLearn

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys just wondering......... How much cardio per week if you are looking to build mass and are a "hardgainer?"

Im lean 9 % bodyfat.

what did you or your doc use to measure your bf?

Yes. For health reasons at least some cardio is important

9% BF and doesnt know when to do cardio?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Weighlifting does that.
How do you feel after 4 sets of 10 rep deads

Not the same after going for a hour long hike. I like hiking though so it is fun not work

cardio in my experience will actually help u to build muscle, as doing cardio will usually(at least in my experience) give me more energy in the gym and i just feel better overall throughout the day not just in the gym...and iv heard it can also aid in the recovery process becus it increases your blood flow or at least increases the rate at which blood will flow into your muscles, but i can neither confirm or deny that, just speculation on my part....As long as ur eating enough, cardio can only aid in the muscle building process

IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys just wondering......... How much cardio per week if you are looking to build mass and are a "hardgainer?"

Im lean 9 % bodyfat.

Why even bother burning excess cals if you are a self proclaimed hard gainer? Seems counterproductive to your goals, right? Cardio is only for fatties and homosexuals.

Intense resistance training will raise your heart rate and burn more cals than some faggy stair-stepper will.

Crack cocaine will get you pretty shredded....

Why even bother burning excess cals if you are a self proclaimed hard gainer? Seems counterproductive to your goals, right? Cardio is only for fatties and homosexuals.

Intense resistance training will raise your heart rate and burn more cals than some faggy stair-stepper will.

Yes that's what I thought. I can feel my heart rate skyrocket when I am lifting so no real need to do excess cardio after lifting weights. Cardio is all about cardiovascular exercises, getting your heart rate higher for a long period of time so you burn fat when doing exercise. If your heart rate has increased you are burning fat. No matter if you are lifting or on the treadmill. Weight lifting burns calories and fat on its own. I lift 90-120 minutes when I am in the gym. I think that will get the job done keeping my heart healthy enough.

Yes that's what I thought. I can feel my heart rate skyrocket when I am lifting so no real need to do excess cardio after lifting weights. Cardio is all about cardiovascular exercises, getting your heart rate higher for a long period of time so you burn fat when doing exercise. If your heart rate has increased you are burning fat. No matter if you are lifting or on the treadmill. Weight lifting burns calories and fat on its own. I lift 90-120 minutes when I am in the gym. I think that will get the job done keeping my heart healthy enough.

Weight lifting is not cardio.... If all you care about is your body fat and not how you function in everyday life that's fine. but if you want to be able to do anything athletic like flag football with your buddies, ultimate frisbee on the beach, basket ball, hiking, mt bike riding hunting at high elevation, basically any sport you will find out real quick you are not doing cardio by lifting weights.... go riding with me and I could have you throwing up in the first couple miles..... hell even sex is better when you cardio is up.

Regular cardio makes me hungry. And helps me get more cals in. Especially when done first thing in the am. Seems to wake up my digestive track a few hours earlier then it naturally would

Weight lifting is not cardio.... If all you care about is your body fat and not how you function in everyday life that's fine. but if you want to be able to do anything athletic like flag football with your buddies, ultimate frisbee on the beach, basket ball, hiking, mt bike riding hunting at high elevation, basically any sport you will find out real quick you are not doing cardio by lifting weights.... go riding with me and I could have you throwing up in the first couple miles..... hell even sex is better when you cardio is up.

I am using exercise to be in good shape. I am not looking to be a long distance runner or cyclist. I want to build muscle and look good. When I walk in a room I want women to cream their panties and go in the bathroom and masturbate over thoughts of me in their heads. :)

I am using exercise to be in good shape. I am not looking to be a long distance runner or cyclist. I want to build muscle and look good. When I walk in a room I want women to cream their panties and go in the bathroom and masturbate over thoughts of me in their heads. :)

Nothing you do to your body is going to take the focus off your ugly mug...GICH:kissu:

napoleon-dynamite-skills.jpg

Im lean 9 % bodyfat.

what did you or your doc use to measure your bf?

Answer the question :paddle:. and post a pic while you're at it.... Shouldn't be a problem for sub 10% that wants to show off and make women cream.... Hell I'm waaaay over 10% and I have pics.

Better cardiovascular challenge ?

Snort crushed dexedrine then LHJO or 30 mins on the elliptical while watching "the view" on the gyms TV?

Cardio makes you better in the type of cardio you are doing. You are efficient in bike riding because you ride a bike a lot. (I am guessing thats what you meant by riding.) It doesnt necessaritly translate to other activities such as running.

Cardio makes you better in the type of cardio you are doing. You are efficient in bike riding because you ride a bike a lot. (I am guessing thats what you meant by riding.) It doesnt necessaritly translate to other activities such as running.
Cardio exercise directly correlates to the use of oxygen to support your body need for energy...basically how efficiently your body uses oxygen(lungs and heart)... your cardiovascular system is you circulatory system ... so I'm not sure how that is sport specific..

Cardio exercise directly correlates to the use of oxygen to support your body need for energy...basically how efficiently your body uses oxygen(lungs and heart)... your cardiovascular system is you circulatory system ... so I'm not sure how that is sport specific..

Ding ding ding...exactly. Flows more blood equals more oxygen and more nutrients to the body.

Better cardiovascular challenge ?

Snort crushed dexedrine then LHJO or 30 mins on the elliptical while watching "the view" on the gyms TV?

That sounds like something I could get into. with self strangulation of course

Activity specific.
Test it out if you care to really know.
If not then I understand. No ax to grind.
Cardio has been overblown since late late 90's.

Activity specific.
Test it out if you care to really know.
If not then I understand. No ax to grind.
Cardio has been overblown since late late 90's.
Lol test it out? I've been an athlete my whole life. I've lived it.. hockey, swimming, waterpolo, rugby, mt.biking, triathlons, mens flag football league... that's what your trying to tell me makes no sense.

This depends on your goals. I am and have for ever been a cardio junkie. I can't help it I am addicted to cardio especially cycling. If you want to be a bodybuilder or physique build then lift heavy do high intensity minimal cardio. If you like to be fast as hell with big power output then work to increase strength training and cardio activities. I do not like running it is really bad on the body so rowing or cycling both can be combined with power and cardio output. Swimming is another activity that is full body requires cardio, great form and will also give a person the opportunity to test their strength and power. Me personally no exercise is off limits I just like to do it all.

Back