• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Journey to the XPC Arnold Bench Qualifier

IML Gear Cream!
Hit suspended good mornings today
http://youtu.be/w30K_HhjI84

this is a 100lbs PR... yes 100.

So after all my complaining about some of my lifts being down, well this one has skyrocketed! So I am clearly doing something right!

Dieting down is going slow and steady.

Might have some changes occurring based on what competition I am doing... dont fret don't fret. PL isn't about what stage you step on its about what your damn national rankings are! So don't get your panties in a bunch.

National best--- 198

Speedwork today, two prive movers were featured in the video. Then a bunch of accessory work. Felt amazing today!

Remember this was my MAX ?!? 2 reps. Notice I just blew this away by 100lbs on PSL gear and my coaches amazing training. So BOOM.
Training + Good Gear + Diet = Results

Finally got a nice PR on deadlift. I have been struggling on this lift forever, today was MUCH MUCH MUCH needed.

Finally got a nice PR on deadlift. I have been struggling on this lift forever, today was MUCH MUCH MUCH needed.
I am glad you achieved it! I hope you do well at your contest.

Inching towards that 500 squat. Ended the Cambered bar squats with 480

What a crappy bench day...

I mean, it wasn't without its merits but damn. I failed 365 + 110lbs band tension and failed it bad at the bottom. Literally no movement.

I did a down set with 315 + 110lbs band tension and called it quits, from there I just moved to max effort pin press.

If you look at the body tension you can see it took me a SOLID 5 seconds of pushing to get that bar moving. I was able to eek out 3 sets of 1 rep with 405lbs.
You know, this really isn't bad but boy am I dissapointed in my pressing. Been going downhill for 4+ weeks now.

I have decided to incorporate some TBOL into my cycle started today. Will be running 40mg/day

After Pin press I moved to resistence dumbbell press neutral grip. Smashed 3 sets of these
Then some shoulder press
Triceps (skull crush)
and Biceps.

Not a bad workout, but we have really got to fix my lagging bench. 500 is looking further and further away.

Not a bad workout today, just accessory work...

Squats, 165lbs 5 sets of 10 reps Olympic squats
Leg Extensions 5 sets of 10 reps
Standing Good Mornings (light weight) 10sets of 5 reps

Reverse Hyper (I am SOOOO BAD At these) not sure how many I did, just a bunch of sets light weight

Glute Ham Raise (my new babies)
1 set of 40 reps
5x5 with 25lbs plate.

Thats it.

No video today but not a bad session.

Did heavy squats, no wraps, for tripples. then moved to the rack pulls for reps of 4. Worked up to 405 on the rack pull for 4.

From here we just did the accessory work,

5x6 reverse hyper
5x10 glute ham raise
1x20 mcgill pullups
then abs on abs on abs.

Bench day shall be Thursday.

Changed my cycle and dosages.
750 Test
500 Deca
40mg Tbol

fdeeaec259f2fc4a9b6241a5e348c5ae.jpg

Chest workout
530 max out reverse band

3 sets of straight weight reps
315 - 275 - 225

Dumbbell expolsives with bands

Tricep Work (rope pushdowns then 2 sets max rep dips)
Curls
You know the drill

Nice work man!! It was good seeing u at lexan comp. I'm gonna sign up for their oct 25 show.

Nice work man!! It was good seeing u at lexan comp. I'm gonna sign up for their oct 25 show.

Good seeing you also! Your bench was NICE! Sorry the judge was a DICK and made you pause for a year and a half on your last lift.

I won't be competing again until December...

check out the September comp ?!? AT RIVER CITY!??! That is my gym brother, I will be there working.

Thanks man. I'll check it out and if it's towards end of September I might try that one too.

Today did a bunch of reps after the featured video did 2 sets with 135 + bands/chains for 15 reps

Floor press 3x12+
mcgill pullups with red band 10x1 rep
bicep curls 10x10
tricep pushdowns 2 sets reps drop sets (vbar)

I feel like I am forgetting something but you get the idea :)

What a rough day of deadlifts, very frustrating day. It will be fine. I am moving AWAY from conventional and going to start pulling Sumo.
My technique is a lot better, strength will be a few steps backwards but will improve. Deadlift is at a stand-still and it is making me upset.

Today
Deadlifts and then technique playing
Reverse Hypers 5 sets
Band glute pulls 5 sets
Glute Ham raise 5 sets of 10
Pull Downs 8 sets
Abs

I figure I post a video of the abs, always switching them up. Did something new today, they were quite hard.

IML Gear Cream!
HUGE CK! How many days until your contest?

Saturday:

really just a rep squat day, and by reps I mean i did triples. Had a great squat session. Actually got 455 for a triple, which is more than a PR. 2 weeks ago I got 445 for a double... this week 455 for a triple... clearly things are firing correctly.
Deadlifts are still a struggle. Doing a lot of glute work to iron that out, which will also help my squat.

Sunday:

Today I did "speed work" but with a shit ton of band tension. Probably around 300+lbs of band (you can see I used the normal thick black band + the monster mini band... each doubled over, you do the math). The bar speed was descent and my triceps were DEAD after 4 sets of this.
My bench overall is down due to getting stuck in the bottom (which bands won't help) we start my competition bench training soon and despite my bench being down now my coaches seem confident I will break my old PR of 470 in competition. Just gotta dial things in a bit more.
After the speed work I went balls to the wall 120lbs dumbbells with thick green band. no joke.

After that a bunch of accessory work

good mornings look more like squats started from above par... but i guess form doesnt matter since its not a pl lift?

good mornings look more like squats started from above par... but i guess form doesnt matter since its not a pl lift?

I am guessing you are referring to the cambered bar hanging good morning video.
You say they look more like squats? how so? When dealing with heavy loads your knees are going to bend, however the goal is not to "squat" into it like you would a Anderson Squat... Which i do not do. However, the knees bent and notice in the video they are yelling "glutes" the goal here is to get under the bar and lift with Minimal leg drive (though you will have some) and to really lock out the bar as much as possible using your glutes (not so much your "lower back" which can just result in severe injury and you are SOLELY using your lower back if you do not bend the knees some and recruit your legs/ hams/ and the follow-through with the glutes).
The glutes are the muscle you really want to utilize when doing deadlifts (the main PL movement) which the hanging good-mornings help to strengthen. They also help strength your squat by increasing your core stability and ability to hold weight in awkward positions (e.g. being pitched forward).

you rolled the bar back....until your head was already up like you were gnna squat it....then pushed it up...was def not a good morning....good morning hinge at the waist
at no point was your back flat and loaded with that weight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN2r7z-WKCY
he does it near perfect with some big weights

but anyway...it was alot of weight.... and those chains were high for you i think

you rolled the bar back....until your head was already up like you were gnna squat it....then pushed it up...was def not a good morning....good morning hinge at the waist
at no point was your back flat and loaded with that weight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN2r7z-WKCY
he does it near perfect with some big weights

but anyway...it was alot of weight.... and those chains were high for you i think

right on.
I am more than happy with my suspended good mornings and the progress ive made in them and yes that guy has very nice form and a lot of weight for a conventional goodmorning.

Enjoy the thread i'm sure you can critique the rest of my lifts and help me in fundamental ways that my 3 coaches who all have pro totals can not.

just noticed the form....your lift is impressive nontheless...you dont have to be yourself...you know...an arrogant defensive little dick....and i dont have to be an abrasive asshole...i was thinking about you the other day....what if i never grew to near 6 ft...what if i had just been 5 3 5 6 or worse...would i have just been like...well guess i should never lift...nah...id never give up....no matter what....so let that shit go

no one will ever hear from me...good job bro...you couldnt possibly ever do better...and i dont want that smoke up my ass either

i assume you train to get better...not for pats on the back

just noticed the form....your lift is impressive nontheless...you dont have to be yourself...you know...an arrogant defensive little dick....and i dont have to be an abrasive asshole...i was thinking about you the other day....what if i never grew to near 6 ft...what if i had just been 5 3 5 6 or worse...would i have just been like...well guess i should never lift...nah...id never give up....no matter what....so let that shit go

no one will ever hear from me...good job bro...you couldnt possibly ever do better...and i dont want that smoke up my ass either

i assume you train to get better...not for pats on the back

As much as I appreciate your standard dick comments lets keep it to a minimum in this thread.

the "good-morning" if we will call it that, even though as you point out it isn't the picturesque Goodmorning executed in my original video, has undergone serious improvement.
In the first video of me I eek out 315 for two...
Weeks later I am able to get 415lbs for two

the way I execute these chain-hanging-goodmornings is essentially a full body workout, extra emphasis on the glutes for that is the ENTIRE purpose of the exercise.

This video both the original and the 100lbs improvement. Demonstrate three things
-Total work increase
-total strength increase
-glute strength increase

the purpose of this lift? increase work capacity and glute firing.
Both executed to their purpose.

What else have we seen over the weeks? Well look at my squat improvements and PRs week after week.
What matters in competition? your Total...
What has increased steadily... my total.

I am on a great track :)

Back