• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

Need advice on a counterforce elbow brace.

KelJu

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
My elbow has been a nagging issue for me for months. It flares up, and then it goes away. However, my recent flare up is not going away. It is getting worse. Taking a break from training is not an option, not with the compounds I have running through my system.

Seems like a counterforce brace might be a solution, but I don't know which one is best. I basically have golfer's elbow and tennis elbow in the same arm. Just picking up a 1lb item hurts like a son of a bitch.

Anybody have any recommendations or tips?

I have a similar issue also. It hurts more on the first couple reps then I'm able to work through it but I use a mcdavid level 1 elbo brace... helps quite a bit.

I found it on amazon. What i the difference between the levels?

higher the level the more support... but its the only one i have experience with so there might be better out there. but that one works for me. I live in pain though with all my injuries so what is acceptable to me might not be to you. I only use it on back days for some reason I get flare ups then and when I'm doing tris. do you get the pain in all movements or just certain exercises?

higher the level the more support... but its the only one i have experience with so there might be better out there. but that one works for me. I live in pain though with all my injuries so what is acceptable to me might not be to you. I only use it on back days for some reason I get flare ups then and when I'm doing tris. do you get the pain in all movements or just certain exercises?

Same as you, back day. It is from snatching and grabbing weight. Pull-ups, chin-ups, rows, and shrugs all seem to bother it. Now it is so bad that I can;t carry grocery bags right my right arm. Yesterday I broke a lifting strap when my workout buddy and I got competitive on shrugs. I was on the 60th rep at 315lbs when the fucker broke in half.

Same as you, back day. It is from snatching and grabbing weight. Pull-ups, chin-ups, rows, and shrugs all seem to bother it. Now it is so bad that I can;t carry grocery bags right my right arm. Yesterday I broke a lifting strap when my workout buddy and I got competitive on shrugs. I was on the 60th rep at 315lbs when the fucker broke in half.

lol I did the same thing during the ama comp. Strap broke and I went straight to the ground cause my little hands cannot hold that much weight. Go to you nearest sports authority and try the elbo wraps out.. put one on then go to the weights and do some stuff that you know aggravates it and see if it helps. or buy a bunch a bring the ones back you dont want.

I have the same exact thing... got a real tight elbow brace from CVS which had built in pressure points on the inner and outer elbow (golfer and tennis tendons)... wore it for the first bunch of sets, but had to take it off after getting pumped and losing feeling in my hand... but by that time, the tendons were looser and the elbow felt better.

I have been looking at those copper braces, but not sure if they are complete BS.

Back